MMA strength tests

You only say that because almost all of it is related to bw and you're a little fuck.

This is true, but I'm sure you could do most of the lifts on there as well.. except maybe the pushups, chinups, and bench 2x bw. And I still think you could get pretty close to those..

I don't think there are many fighters who would pass this test... Bench pressing twice your BW is crazy if you are a MMA fighter, considering all the other training they do, especially cardio training. It's one thing for a powerlifter to achieve the strength required to do it, but strength training is all they do. I have heard Kawajiri can bench press over 300 pounds so I guess he would be one of the few that would pass. Aoki however wouldn't even be close at passing this test, but he beat Kawajiri pretty easily, which proves skill/technique >>> strength/power in MMA.:D

I don't think there are many fighters who would pass this test... Bench pressing twice your BW is crazy if you are a MMA fighter, considering all the other training they do, especially cardio training. It's one thing for a powerlifter to achieve the strength required to do it, but strength training is all they do. I have heard Kawajiri can bench press over 300 pounds so I guess he would be one of the few that would pass. Aoki however wouldn't even be close at passing this test, but he beat Kawajiri pretty easily, which proves skill/technique >>> strength/power in MMA.:D

Robbie Lawler would probably pass the bench test .

As would some oldschool freaks like Tank Abbott , Kerr , Coleman , Randleman ...

That said this name list kinda validate your last point as most of those fighters , despite being very strong , failed to know how to defend the most basic subs or how to box after 10+ years careers ...

What the TS originally posted was an example of what he was looking for not an actual test. Hello, anyone in there?!?

There isnt a certain # of pushups you need to be able to do in a row. Get your lifts up to what I said earlier and train/spar as much as possible. FFS.

Back