MMA Roundtable says Gus has 25% chance of winning but only if Jones stands with him.

I would rank that percentage HIGHER if Jones actually stands and trades with him.

BUT--I don't really see that happening. I see Jones clinching him, landing some elbows, then bringing the fight to the ground for a smash-fest.

Those fools knows nothing. 25% if Jones stands with him? Lmfao!

Take Gus down at will? I don't think so!!

if the fight stay on the feet, IMO he had 100 % chances to win

but i don't see that happening , Jones by UD IMO

Although funny, the second Bleacher Report link accurately portrays the UFC's early attempts to hype this fight. They were all about height and reach. That was ALL Gus was touted as having.

I am 100% confident that the chances of such a thing are impossible to quantify

Maybe they mean it's 100% if he stands with him and there's only a 25% chance Jones is that dumb?

Sounds like the odds for sexpanther working.

with Gus' devastating striking and long list of knockouts, you would think this fight would be a lock :p

Those fools knows nothing. 25% if Jones stands with him? Lmfao!

Are you aware that Jones has outstruck everybody he's fought? Don't give me Machida, he landed 1 clean punch, and Jones landed more significant strikes in the 1st round and dominated the second round.

The striking exchanges between Jones and Shogun were very lopsided, whereas it was competitive with Gus for the first half of the fight before Gus took control. I think it's more like 60/40 in Jones' favor but acting like Gus has a clear edge is completely wrong.

That's pretty bang on. That being said, I doubt JJ will stand with GUS. Why would he, as he can take him down without any issue and impose his will on the ground.

No point for JJ to keep the fight standing and it will hit the mat very quickly and then end very quickly.

Are you aware that Jones has outstruck everybody he's fought? Don't give me Machida, he landed 1 clean punch, and Jones landed more significant strikes in the 1st round and dominated the second round.

The striking exchanges between Jones and Shogun were very lopsided, whereas it was competitive with Gus for the first half of the fight before Gus took control. I think it's more like 60/40 in Jones' favor but acting like Gus has a clear edge is completely wrong.

Giving Gustafsson a 25% chance if it stays standing is bullshit and stop with the MMA math because that's just stupid.

Gus should have the advantage in my opinion because he is the better striker and has more power. Deal with it.

The Euros will be quite sad when Jones is done with Gus.

Back