MMA Referees React to Referee Choking Out Fighter

<Huh2>

If he knows enough to put the guy out with a standing guillotine, he could obviously just stuff the takedown and actually concern himself with the well-being of the fighter. But why do what he's paid for?
Yeah, I'm not taking that chance AND it looks like he started trying to stuff it but started getting overwhelmed.

Maybe I'm too simple but when a man is attacking you with intent to do real damage to you, YOUR safety trumps his!

when a man is attacking you with intent to do real damage to you, YOUR safety trumps his!
^That's all I'm saying. Like I said before, lose/lose and the final result was basically null so no harm, no foul.
We obviously have a different take so I won't argue, but what about leaving the fighter unconscious with his team afterwards? He simply neglected his responsibility.

Some stupid people posting here.

The ref steps in to stop the winning fighter from continuing to inflict damage on the guy.

The guy is out of it and is trying to take down the referee. If he does, and then starts pounding on him - who stops him? Nobody from his corner got in their quickly to stop it. They were very casual about getting in there and are the ones that should be answering here.

Choking him was the smartest/safest thing to do. It wasn’t going to hurt him. The ref was just getting control of the situation.

As far as the look on his face, who gives a fuck? You’re trying to read into it something that fits your story. How do you know that look wasn’t just out of shock that he found himself in that position and just laughing out of surprise?

Timestamp?
Edit: both videos were not good and both refs should be fined. Terrible jobs by both guys as far as doing what employers are payng then to do. On a better note, great tdd by ref #1

Last edited:
Like a quarter of an hour long video, nah

The ref steps in to stop the winning fighter from continuing to inflict damage on the guy.

The guy is out of it and is trying to take down the referee. If he does, and then starts pounding on him - who stops him? Nobody from his corner got in their quickly to stop it. They were very casual about getting in there and are the ones that should be answering here.

Choking him was the smartest/safest thing to do. It wasn’t going to hurt him. The ref was just getting control of the situation.

As far as the look on his face, who gives a fuck? You’re trying to read into it something that fits your story. How do you know that look wasn’t just out of shock that he found himself in that position and just laughing out of surprise?

Shutthefuckup.gif

Yeah, I'm not taking that chance AND it looks like he started trying to stuff it but started getting overwhelmed.

Maybe I'm too simple but when a man is attacking you with intent to do real damage to you, YOUR safety trumps his!

People like this tho lol

Like a quarter of an hour long video, nah
It's mad how a quarter of an hour makes 15 minutes seem like an eternity haha.

First incident is like 20 seconds in, then 5:30 in for a horrrrrrendous stoppage.

Can't listen to that (those) obnoxious voice(s)
But the ref defended self. Pussification of world continues on

is that why we never seen a ref gettng GNP after the fighter woke up from getting ko?

Both professional referees agree it wasn't the best way to handle the situation.

I mean if anyone even cared to actually listen to the rest of the video.

But I'm sure the experience of your average sherdogger trumps trained refs. Obviously.

Man was attacking him. I didn't hear what the video said, but if you're being attacked I think defending yourself is wise. Better than punching him, right?
Was babysitting my niece the other day. She started trying to punch me in the face. Instead of recognising that she wasn’t a real threat (surrounded by my family) I decided to suplex her into a head arm choke. Better than punching her right. Only two options is punch for the ko or submit. Restraint and control are myths created by beta manlets

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if he walked away looking like he shocked. He walks off like he was clearly proud.

Man was attacking him. I didn't hear what the video said, but if you're being attacked I think defending yourself is wise. Better than punching him, right?
A concussed fighter is leaning in on a takedown because he was just concussed and can barely move is not being attacked. You probably support cops for killing people reaching for a wallet. Shut the fuck up nerd

It truly doesn't make a difference, chokes don't cause any brain damage unless they're applied for at least sixty seconds. The brain has to be deprived of blood/oxygen for a long time before any lasting damage occurs.

I'm not saying choking the guy out was the best course of action, im just saying if the ref felt he was in danger I can't blame him for protecting himself in the moment.
The ref didn’t feel like he was in danger. He was chilling with underhooks and thought fuck it and sank a choke. He then walked away proud as fuck like he had it the whole time. He was never worried about his safety

Idk, what if he gets taken down? Does the guy start raining GNP? No win situation for ref, I have a hard time blaming him
He’s less likely to be taken down by defending the takedown rather than OFFENDING a guillotine. Holy crap

Looked like the ref got carried away with his ability to choke a guy who didn't know what was going on.

The ref was just letting the fighter be a warrior before he shut him down like big brown.

Back