MMA Referees React to Referee Choking Out Fighter

Looks like that man just got a +1 in his W column.

Man was attacking him. I didn't hear what the video said, but if you're being attacked I think defending yourself is wise. Better than punching him, right?

Appears ref was a dick...

Beat by the fighter and the ref.

Ultimate Humiliation

Man was attacking him. I didn't hear what the video said, but if you're being attacked I think defending yourself is wise. Better than punching him, right?

<Huh2>

If he knows enough to put the guy out with a standing guillotine, he could obviously just stuff the takedown and actually concern himself with the well-being of the fighter. But why do what he's paid for?

<Huh2>

If he knows enough to put the guy out with a standing guillotine, he could obviously just stuff the takedown and actually concern himself with the well-being of the fighter. But why do what he's paid for?
Idk, what if he gets taken down? Does the guy start raining GNP? No win situation for ref, I have a hard time blaming him

Sign him Dana

Sounds good. Except, he kinda machida/jones the guy and walks away with a smug look on his face
<{outtahere}>

Idk, what if he gets taken down? Does the guy start raining GNP? No win situation for ref, I have a hard time blaming him

Raining GNP? lol ....Dude was KO'd.

All he had to do was lift up on the right underhook and turn off the cage. Instead he used it to lock his hands and sink a choke.

<{cruzshake}>

Then he walks away proud of himself. Which is obviously the worst part.

Raining GNP? lol ....Dude was KO'd.

All he had to do was lift up on the right underhook and turn off the cage. Instead he used it to lock his hands and sink a choke.

<{cruzshake}>

Then he walks away proud of himself. Which is obviously the worst part.
Why take a chance..... it's instinct especially considering it was a pretty deep shot. Sometimes you go for the neck first cuz it presents itself

That walkout face tho, he walked away like he won a fight or something, lol, not really "caring" for the fighter safety after what he did imo.

Why take a chance..... it's instinct especially considering it was a pretty deep shot. Sometimes you go for the neck first cuz it presents itself
Can't agree with this at all. He doesn't need to choke out a concussed fighter. That didn't need to happen. He clearly had the ability to stuff the takedown. His smug walk off was awful too.

If that's his instinct as a ref he should be fired immediately and forced to fight Brock in a naked sumo match, no tapping out, it ends when Brock decides it's over.

Can't agree with this at all. He doesn't need to choke out a concussed fighter. That didn't need to happen. He clearly had the ability to stuff the takedown. His smug walk off was awful too.
I guess at a base level, if he told me he was afraid he was gonna get taken down, I couldn't blame him for stopping that from happening. Whether or not the fighter is concussed doesn't make any difference

If that's his instinct as a ref he should be fired immediately and forced to fight Brock in a naked sumo match, no tapping out, it ends when Brock decides it's over.
Instinct as a martial artist......

I guess at a base level, if he told me he was afraid he was gonna get taken down, I couldn't blame him for stopping that from happening. Whether or not the fighter is concussed doesn't make any difference
It does make a difference! If a fighter is trying to take down a referee, said fighter is clearly concussed pretty badly. That referee should know that taking away his consciousness isn't a good idea!

It does make a difference! If a fighter is trying to take down a referee, said fighter is clearly concussed pretty badly. That referee should know that taking away his consciousness isn't a good idea!
It truly doesn't make a difference, chokes don't cause any brain damage unless they're applied for at least sixty seconds. The brain has to be deprived of blood/oxygen for a long time before any lasting damage occurs.

I'm not saying choking the guy out was the best course of action, im just saying if the ref felt he was in danger I can't blame him for protecting himself in the moment.

It truly doesn't make a difference, chokes don't cause any brain damage unless they're applied for at least sixty seconds. The brain has to be deprived of blood/oxygen for a long time before any lasting damage occurs.

I'm not saying choking the guy out was the best course of action, im just saying if the ref felt he was in danger I can't blame him for protecting himself in the moment.

We obviously have a different take so I won't argue, but what about leaving the fighter unconscious with his team afterwards? He simply neglected his responsibility.

Back