• Total voters

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
MMA Pros Pick - Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jennifer Maia I UFC 255
•Nov 10, 2020
James Lynch

"Fighters pick Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jennifer Maia at UFC 255 on Nov. 21. Timestamps below."

00:00 - Mackenzie Dern - UFC strawweight
00:25 - Stephen Thompson - UFC welterweight
00:40 - Andrea Lee - UFC flyweight
00:59 - Brian Kelleher - UFC bantamweight
01:18 - Cortney Casey - UFC flyweight
01:21 - Curtis Blaydes - UFC heavyweight
01:24 - Cynthia Calvillo - UFC flyweight
02:00 - Eryk Anders - UFC middleweight
02:33 - Emily Whitmire - UFC strawweight
03:14 - Frank Camacho - UFC lightweight
03:23 - Felicia Spencer - UFC featherweight
03:59 - James Krause - UFC welterweight
04:12 - Gillian Robertson - UFC flyweight
04:25 - Katlyn Chookagian - UFC flyweight
05:00 - Lauren Murphy - UFC flyweight
05:52 - Liz Carmouche - Former UFC flyweight
06:26 - Mallory Martin - UFC strawweight
07:04 - Maycee Barber - UFC flyweight
08:05 - Miranda Maverick - UFC flyweight
08:20 - Montana De La Rosa - UFC flyweight
08:28 - Neil Magny - UFC welterweight
08:39 - Randa Markos - UFC strawweight
08:45 - Sabina Mazo - UFC flyweight
09:38 - Vinc Pichel - UFC lightweight

I feel like Maia has a shot. She has the right style to turn it into a dogfight, and Jennifer is tough to put away. Further, Maia always gets better as the fight goes on. With five rounds, I think she's a live dog to win a SD or even 3-2 UD. I know, it sounds crazy, but I don't think this is yet another case of another 125-pound challenger being sent to her execution (via Val). I think Val destroys Murphy, Lee, Calderwood, Roxy, Violence Queen, and Chook (not matter how much she improves)...but I just feel like Maia is the one woman in that division that has a decent chance (in the near future).

Jarl

All I saw in the video was Mackenzie Dern using a fake Brazilian accent.

I feel like Maia has a shot. She has the right style to turn it into a dogfight, and Jennifer is tough to put away. Further, Maia always gets better as the fight goes on. With five rounds, I think she's a live dog to win a SD or even 3-2 UD. I know, it sounds crazy, but I don't think this is yet another case of another 125-pound challenger being sent to her execution (via Val). I think Val destroys Murphy, Lee, Calderwood, Roxy, Violence Queen, and Chook (not matter how much she improves)...but I just feel like Maia is the one woman in that division that has a decent chance (in the near future).

Jarl

i dont see shevchenko getting tested. i hope im wrong, i wanna see a great fight.

Cool seeing the fighters' responses.

I look for Valentina obtaining clear victory via her speed and counter striking. If it gets to the ground Maia may have a chance. What we've seen of Val's grappling she looks great, like her submission of Pena. I like Maia's tenaciousness and will root for her as the underdog. Gotta go with Valentina.

Back