Mma points: couture/noons etc.

Beat up?
Lol

The only round I could actually give noons is round 2

Lol

Seriously tho, Noons tagged him the whole fight. Ryan was just jumping around throwing kicks like a amateur and landing hardly anything.

The folks I've seen score the fight for Couture seem to base it on his 'coming forward', which is another misunderstanding in MMA judging. Couture did press forward more, but walking into counter shots and getting punched moving forwardis not 'effective aggression' or 'octagon control' which are valid criteria.

Noons should have won a fight which was competitive, but not close enough to make the decision excusable.

How is it that someone can have 1500 posts and not understand the scoring system.

Fighter A wins round = 10-9
Fighters draw round = 10-10
Fighter A dominates round = 10-8

I also had Noons winning all three rounds.

Lol

Seriously tho, Noons tagged him the whole fight. Ryan was just jumping around throwing kicks like a amateur and landing hardly anything.
Couture was clearly the more aggressive fighter

The landed strikes were virtually identical from what I saw

With regards to the comment I'm quoting, you're incorrect. While a number of organizations in Japan judge the fight as a whole, the unified rules that The UFC employ score fights round by round.

You've misunderstood the post. He/she means when Buffer announces "judge X scores the fight..." It is that judges cumulative round score. Which is correct.

Lol

He landed leg kicks and walked forward. To many posters walking forward = winning the round. It's ludicrous, but then again, this thread is about poor understanding of MMA judging, no?

You've misunderstood the post. He/she means when Buffer announces "judge X scores the fight..." It is that judges cumulative round score. Which is correct.

That's not what I took the post to mean at all.

Couture won via Leonard Garcia sloppy striking. From certain angles it probably looks like he was doing more and landing, but really he was missing almost everything he threw, while Noons was tagging him with good shots the whole fight. I scored it 30-27 Noons, but the 1st was close.

EDIT: also to stay on topic, each judge adds up their own individual score for the fight to score the fight, but all the judges scores aren't added up at the end.

Theres sherdoggers who actually think Couture won?

Lol

my brother thought he did, just by activity alone. he's no mma fan, but he had Showtime, heh.

and the decision didn't surprise me. at all. that's just the way of it. the fighter that "looks" more active often steals rounds. i stopped being surprised when i found out that one judge gave edgar round 1 and 2 judges gave him round 2 in BJ I (regardless of the fact Edgar clearly won rounds 4-10).

due to historical analysis, i've had to readjust my expectations.

I thought KJ edged it but he didn't do enough to really win that fight.

Are you kidding me?!? did you see Couture;s face after the fight?!? Noons face was only messed because of the headbutt lol. On another note though I was very pleased to see Couture's post fight interview, he seems like a very respectful guy and def has some potential!

my brother thought he did, just by activity alone. he's no mma fan, but he had Showtime, heh.

and the decision didn't surprise me. at all. that's just the way of it. the fighter that "looks" more active often steals rounds. i stopped being surprised when i found out that one judge gave edgar round 1 and 2 judges gave him round 2 in BJ I (regardless of the fact Edgar clearly won rounds 4-10).

due to historical analysis, i've had to readjust my expectations.

Victory alla Clay Guida

Couture won via Leonard Garcia sloppy striking. From certain angles it probably looks like he was doing more and landing, but really he was missing almost everything he threw, while Noons was tagging him with good shots the whole fight. I scored it 30-27 Noons, but the 1st was close.

EDIT: also to stay on topic, each judge adds up their own individual score for the fight to score the fight, but all the judges scores aren't added up at the end.

The difference is Garcia gets badly out struck by his opponents

Fight metric shows couture landed more round 1 And noons 2 and 3.....but round 3 couture's aggression and throwing more won out over the 1 exra punch noons landed

Back