MMA "pay" tracker

facePuncher7

Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army
@Brown
Reaction score
Does such a thing exist?

We have Fight Finder, which is a great resource that records all of the competition result data.

Given that most orgs make their pay to the fighters publicly available, I think it would be cool to also include those stats in fight finder, as I'm sure some interesting conclusions could be drawn from it.

Its up to the athletic comissions whether fighter pay is disclosed or not. Some states do it and other states don't. Some posters got their panties in a bunch in another thread over an article with Woodley's estimated pay. Texas is a state that doesn't disclose pay.

I agree it would be nice to have a pay database.

Tapology shows career disclosed earnings for each fighter (well, mostly just UFC ones TBH since they're the easiest to discover)

Why on earth would you want to know that? Seriously who give's a sh#t? I see people discuss this all the time but I don't get it. Am I missing something? Sincere question btw.

Why would anyone actually need this information?

Why on earth would you want to know that? Seriously who give's a sh#t? I see people discuss this all the time but I don't get it. Am I missing something? Sincere question btw.

Why do you watch other people fight? Because you're a fan of fighting.

Same reason applies here. Why are we intrigued by how much money others make? Because everyone is a fan of money. Yes I know, it's not my money, but neither are you fighting in the octagon, yet you're still intrigued. Same deal.

Too much work involved, can’t even get accurate measurements for how tall the fighters are lol.

It's called wikipedia. Look up an event and if the pay was disclosed it will be on there.

Why do you watch other people fight? Because you're a fan of fighting.

Same reason applies here. Why are we intrigued by how much money others make? Because everyone is a fan of money. Yes I know, it's not my money, but neither are you fighting in the octagon, yet you're still intrigued. Same deal.

Sounds like apples and oranges to me. But to each his own I guess

Sounds like apples and oranges to me. But to each his own I guess

Yeah, some people like apples, others like oranges. What's even the point of questioning why someone else would be interested in something you're not into yourself? The answer is because they're not you and they have their own interests, DUH

Yeah, some people like apples, others like oranges. What's even the point of questioning why someone else would be interested in something you're not into yourself? The answer is because they're not you and they have their own interests, DUH

Well that's an answer. The presentation is a little shitty but you're forgiven.

Back to the point. What's wrong with asking people things on a forum? I was curious.

Well that's an answer. The presentation is a little shitty but you're forgiven.

Back to the point. What's wrong with asking people things on a forum? I was curious.

There's nothing wrong with asking people things on a forum, but what you're asking is essentially why someone else could be interested in things you're not interested in, which is like asking why isn't everyone's favorite color/food/director/band the same as yours, which is just stupid.

Because regardless of the side they have chosen people need something to bitch about.

I can't figure out why anyone cares either.
Movie stars with huge salaries, big sports stars, maybe.

UFC fighters are generally paid much more modestly, I really don't care what they make. It has nothing to do with me.

I think the reason is because they are in the spotlight and that makes them celebrities and many people are celebrity worshippers.

The other thing is, we are so shallow that we value a person based on what's in their pocket, not what's in their heart.

There's nothing wrong with asking people things on a forum, but what you're asking is essentially why someone else could be interested in things you're not interested in, which is like asking why isn't everyone's favorite color/food/director/band the same as yours, which is just stupid.

Hence the *am i overlooking something?*
Thanks anyway.

Back