MMA or BJJ

b0b said:
I don't like being punched or kicked, so I do BJJ and Judo. It really just comes down to preference.

i am quite the opposite.. i dont mind being punched or kicked at all
i have verry little judo game (mabey like 3 throws)
but i have a good jiu jitsu game

Depends. Personally I dont think that Miletich Fighting System will be that great for you, seeing how you dont have much of a backround( or just didnt mention it) in martial arts. BJJ is a great starting point. I do jiu-jistu mostly but I work with alot of different people in my spare time for other styles such as wrestling, judo, muay thai, boxing etc. Dont jump the gun and start doing MMA if you arent prepared for how hard it is and how much time it will take away. Im not trying to say MMA isnt great, but too me, MMA is for people who really enjoy fighting and want to fight. But good luck with your decision.

Another thing is, MFS is like the military service but instead of building you back up again they just keep doing it until you quit and will constantly be a dick to you.

mma...so few and far between to find a good mma school while bjj schools seem to be in every major city now.
its kinda like when a young guy asks wrestling or BJJ..i steer them to wrestling during HS 1st cuz its free and 2nd they dont really get the chance to learn it after they graduate.

Gsoares2 said:
training mma youll never really excell in any ONE thing... you be OK at a bunch of different martial arts.. but not great at any one.

I want to pick one thing to excel in.
You'll be great at MMA, actually.

lol, that is an argument for another thread titled "Has MMA become it's OWN style"

Gsoares2 said:
training mma youll never really excell in any ONE thing... you be OK at a bunch of different martial arts.. but not great at any one.

I want to pick one thing to excel in.

How about being great at mma?

Edit: Naturaly someone have already posted this.. Note to my self.. Read the whole thread next time before posting... :redface:

Personally, I love them both, but I'm more into MMA because everything is covered, and it can make you a well-rounded fighter if you put a lot into it.

If given a chance to train with the Miletich crew, I would jump all over it. As far as Hughes "breaking" me, go right ahead. While he's doing that, I would be learning everything I could from him. Opportunities to train with fighters of that calibre don't come along every day.

If given the chance to train at any camp in the world, I'd have to say Chute Boxe, I love those guys agressive, ass-kicking style.

Back