MMA Myths "Dan Hooker was Destroyed by Barboza!"

He got a dent on his face and thought we were in 2019 already

I like how Dan stay competitive even after being hit harshly time and again, that's the definition of ballsyness.
Guys like Overeem --tigers at beating yet kitties when things don't work-- might be fun, yet awful.
Hooker deserved a prize for his resilience (as so Lawler or that korean guy last UFC), McGregor would've gone pwrestling for far less than that.

But still Hooker was beaten up, back to back.

I don’t think it’s mutually exclusive. A competitive fight can still end in a destruction.

Whether this is true or if this fight applies would be up for debate though.

I don’t think it’s mutually exclusive. A competitive fight can still end in a destruction.

The first round was competitive but Barboza still won it, followed by two rounds of brutal destruction with a finish. The fight as a whole wasn't competitive.

I don’t think it’s mutually exclusive. A competitive fight can still end in
a destruction.

It wasn’t even close — he never had barboza in any real dangerous

If ts is arguing that hooker tried to fight back — ya I guess he did — he didn’t just roll over and showed himself to be unbelievably tough

Significant strikes in volume or significant strikes in difference don't automatically correlate to the significance of damage received.

Askren only got outstruck by one strike last fight.

Uhh Gaethje put Alvarez and Poirier through hell before getting finished, he rocked both of them at points and both of them had trouble walking from the leg kicks. Hooker was just taking an absolute beating, and did no real damage to Barboza, regardless of what your numbers prove to you.

I love the Hangman but you don't need to outright lie to make the point that he's awesome. That speaks for itself.

Damn, OP threw a lil pitch out there and you hit that mu’fucka to the next time zone.

Good job and way to set it straight, Barboza was beating his ass like a heavy bag at the end.

I've been seeing this myth brought up a lot and I'm not accusing anyone in particular of bringing up such myth but it has to stop.

This fight had competitive moments, the significant strikes were 126 to 81, and head strikes 71 to 59 both in Barboza's favour but these aren't lopsided statistics. Yes, Dan lost to the better man but he gave Barboza a few licks at the same time.

I saw this fight similar to how Gaethje did against Alvarez and Poirier, he lost by finish but showed enough to prove he could get to that elite level one day.

Much like Gaethje Dan Hooker came back by finishing Vick in the 1st round and will go on to get much more victories.

Dan Hooker will become world champion mark my words!

WAR THE HANGMAN!
20151003080714_5D3_2411.JPG
lol Just because the fight was competitive at times doesn’t mean Hooker didn’t get destroyed by Barboza. Those body shots and the finish were brutal.

P.S.- Just about every elite LW is beating Barboza these days.

that's one of the best troll jobs i've seen in a while.

either that or you should be committed. they should have thrown in the towel in that fight (and you can't say that very often).

I've been seeing this myth brought up a lot and I'm not accusing anyone in particular of bringing up such myth but it has to stop.

This fight had competitive moments, the significant strikes were 126 to 81, and head strikes 71 to 59 both in Barboza's favour but these aren't lopsided statistics. Yes, Dan lost to the better man but he gave Barboza a few licks at the same time.

I saw this fight similar to how Gaethje did against Alvarez and Poirier, he lost by finish but showed enough to prove he could get to that elite level one day.

Much like Gaethje Dan Hooker came back by finishing Vick in the 1st round and will go on to get much more victories.

Dan Hooker will become world champion mark my words!

WAR THE HANGMAN!
20151003080714_5D3_2411.JPG

OMG what revisionist, absolute, nonsense. Did you even watch the freakin' fight? I like Hooker just fine, but Hooker getting destroyed by Barboza is no myth. Just stop.

I do. He is awkward, slow, flat-footed and unbalanced.
Fair criticism but I think he’s has some clever looks, is always game, is a tough sob that doesn’t make excuses or claim he’s something he’s not and always looks for the finish.
Lots of positives imo
Your loss

Hookers interview after when he talks about it was all the proof you needed. He was on autopilot from late in the 1st until the 3rd

Part of the reason stats can tell a misguided story, hooker took an absolute shit kicking in that fight. His corner did him a disservice by not throwing in the towel.

It's a troll post for attention but a fun reminder of that fight.

IMO that was bad officiating and that fight should have been called multiple times. Hooker would stop fighting or defending himself several times and the referee just stood there. Kind of dumbfounded at a few of those moments.

Eventually Hooker just laid down because his body physically couldn't take the beating.

Hooker said himself "I know that fight was over long before the finish".

Back