MMA media needs to ask Conor McGregor about sexual assault investigations

Even though I'm no Conor fan, I see no reason to go through his dirty underwear and grill him on the press conference ahead of sporting event.

Write your dirt articles and smear people with shit all you want. But if UFC tells you that these are the rules ahead of the press conference and you break them, don't whine about being banned from future events.

Let the professionals (police and prosecutor) handle the criminal investigations.

If that's the case, he should pay her a hell of a lot because the cops say he beat the shit out of her and strangled her while she was being raped on her period

Link please...... or the phone number of the Garda you were speaking to, so that he can tell me directly.

Dude, they said blood was everywhere and she had internal and external injuries including strangulation marks. Conor brutally assaulted this woman and I hope the Irish Criminal Justice system has the guts to prosecute him
Where’d you get these details?

This is, in my opinion, the reason we've had extremely limited media and press coming into this fight

The only stuff that came out were by outlets controlled by either conor or the UFC

They can ask, but I think it'd be in poor taste, and you are crazy if you think Conor will answer it anyways. Until charges are laid I think most reporters will stay away from it, it has nothing at all to do witht he fight.

If you are a journalist with any self respect then yes you have to ask the question.

On the PR side it will be handled either by the suggested route of a friendly interview where he can say he can’t talk about it but express sympathy for survivors in general etc or they’ll just make it known that no answer will be coming, anyone who asks will never work with them again and dare any journalist to nuke themselves to do it.

The idea that ‘MMA journalists should focus on MMA’ as if that means ignoring anything that isn’t what happens in training or the cage is just bollocks. Regardless of whether you love or hate Conor people should recognise that someone was brutally raped in this scenario and that trivialising it score points in either direction is low af.

This is, in my opinion, the reason we've had extremely limited media and press coming into this fight

The only stuff that came out were by outlets controlled by either conor or the UFC

On the right track there

If a journalist asked him about the sexual assault allegations, he would never do an interview with them or their organization again. They would also likely have their press passes revoked by the UFC for bringing bad press to them. No organization or person wants to be in that position, so that's why you don't hear these questions. I'm not saying it's good or honest, but that's the reason.

mrfloris-tldr.jpg

Audi Atar already strongly denied any allegations. That's the only comment you're going to get on the subject. If there is any substance to the rumors, it's a matter for the courts.

Funnily enough I heard you were a peado, and I'd love nothing more than to watch you accused infront of a live audience and millions across the world on TV and internet, it doesn't matter that legal advice and Irish law will prevent you from defending yourself against these allegations without opening the door to the world media who are correctly gagged either by law or threat of a civil lawsuit from naming the accused, your silence on the issue will lead to idiots online asking why you haven't denied it.

Now I have no idea if there's any truth to the allegations that you are a peado or that Conor is a rapist, if it is true I hope you both suffer everyday of the rest of your lives but I do know that there is more of an incentive to make up or exaggerate an interaction with Conor than there is with you, on that basis i'd say since allegations have been made against both of you and there's no financial incentives for the ones against you I'd have to summarise that you are much more likely to be a peado than Conor is rapist...

Has the New york times named me as being under investigation for being a peado?

I think it's more likely the guy being under investigation is guilty than someone that isn't

Audi Atar already strongly denied any allegations. That's the only comment you're going to get on the subject. If there is any substance to the rumors, it's a matter for the courts.

There are two investigations that have taken place and he has been questioned in both - the first one was on the front pages of the NYT (conveniently at a point where Mcg was threatening not to carry on doing business with WME) the allegations are far more than rumours.

"will you admit to being a rapist, nicknamed the rude elf" needs to be the first question put to conor.

If a journalist asked him about the sexual assault allegations, he would never do an interview with them or their organization again. They would also likely have their press passes revoked by the UFC for bringing bad press to them. No organization or person wants to be in that position, so that's why you don't hear these questions. I'm not saying it's good or honest, but that's the reason.

mrfloris-tldr.jpg
That's why journalists need to stick together. You ban one journalist, you ban them all. Let the UFC hold press conferences without press coverage.

If you are a journalist with any self respect then yes you have to ask the question.

On the PR side it will be handled either by the suggested route of a friendly interview where he can say he can’t talk about it but express sympathy for survivors in general etc or they’ll just make it known that no answer will be coming, anyone who asks will never work with them again and dare any journalist to nuke themselves to do it.

The idea that ‘MMA journalists should focus on MMA’ as if that means ignoring anything that isn’t what happens in training or the cage is just bollocks. Regardless of whether you love or hate Conor people should recognise that someone was brutally raped in this scenario and that trivialising it score points in either direction is low af.
See the problem is we don't know that someone has been brutally raped, and if someone was we also don't know that Conor had any involvement so it would be incredibly poor journalism to ask such a irresponsible and hugely damaging question, this shit is too serious to just flippantly throw out questions, there are laws in place to protect us all from false accusation...

The only "journalist" who would be willing to go there would be some sort of delusional blogger who had nothing to lose and is more interested in chasing clout that the truth.

Everyone should be patient and let it play out, if he's guilty the evidence will prove it, if not then he has actually been the victim, none of us know the truth and it's poor fucking form to act like we do.

If they do then I hope their landlord accepts "self respect" as rent payment.

See the problem is we don't know that someone has been brutally raped, and if someone was we also don't know that Conor had any involvement so it would be incredibly poor journalism to ask such a irresponsible and hugely damaging question, this shit is too serious to just flippantly throw out questions, there are laws in place to protect us all from false accusation...

The only "journalist" who would be willing to go there would be some sort of delusional blogger who had nothing to lose and is more interested in chasing clout that the truth.

Everyone should be patient and let it play out, if he's guilty the evidence will prove it, if not then he has actually been the victim, none of us know the truth and it's poor fucking form to act like we do.
We do know someone was raped. The question is by who and the media used to be about finding out the truth. Because Conor is seen as the face of mma it is well within reason to ask about these allegations. You see world leaders asked about allegations, other sports stars, even everyday people. What makes Conor so special?

Why would a shakedown be in Irish law?

False allegation blackmail usually comes via either threatening to make an accusation or making an accusation and offering to withdraw it for a fee or the payday can come via a civil suit after a criminal trial if they think it can be proven in court.

I do think it's likely that Conor has had sex with the woman, as this is where the leverage comes from, anything after that is pure speculation though, anyone arguing that the rumours she has injuries is some sort of proof has no idea the lengths some people are willing to go to for money.

If Conor is guilty I hope it gets proven and he rots in jail, but flip it and put yourself in his shoes, and then imagine it's a completely false accusation and having to live with that stigma everywhere you go, hell no matter what they say to your face even your family will be having doubts, your kids are gonna grow and read about this...

Innocent until proven guilty is there for a reason and naming the accused should be a serious crime in itself, it is in most civilised countries.
Withdraw rape accusations? There are two problems with that. Actually three.

1. It doesn't stop the investigation. The investigation only stops when the police conclude that they don't have enough to continue. The physical evidence, if such exists, doesn't magically go away because you withdraw your accusations.
2. Falsely accusing somebody is a crime.
3. Why would the accused buy off the accuser, acknowledging guilt, if innocent?

Has the New york times named me as being under investigation for being a peado?

I think it's more likely the guy being under investigation is guilty than someone that isn't
But you do understand that being investigated has zero correlation to being guilty, if someone walks into a police station and accuses you of being a peado today you better believe you'll be investigated, and if innocent you'll be hoping they do a fucking good job of it, in the mean time hopefully nobody tells everyone you know that you are a peado, coz mud sticks.

If there's 10 people in a house one turns up dead with a knife in the back they will all be investigated even if only one was responsible, you're out of order and you know it, if this same scenario was going on with a fighter you liked and not one you have openly admitted to being a hater of you'd be singing a very different tune, and I expect that when it comes to regular mma drama, but this is simply too serious an accusation to treated that way.

Lol, I'm all for people being held to account for their actions but clearly that's not what this is about. MMA "journalist" gets upset at not being comped in favour of actual journalists & so writes a salty piece about it.

Plus its an ongoing investigation/ allegation so it's unlikely that Conor could talk about it even if he wanted to.

Back