MMA Lifestyle Brands

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Adino, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Adino

Adino Purple Belt

I think making wardrobe choices around your favorite athletes and sports is awesome. But I have had a hard time finding some cool lifestyle MMA brands that won't break the bank. And although I think affliction has some awesome stuff it's just getting played out right now. So what else is there? And no just a regular t-shirt with "XYZ" fight gear company does not count. I'm talking about some cool lifestyle brands that are heavy into our sport.

So I have decided to put a review thread together of some of the standout lifestyle brands I have come across and good places to find them. Any most of these will not break your bank account (so don't expect to see any affliction) just for some cool MMA fashion.

Any brands people really want to see? Right now I'm reviewing Eternal Unlimited (http://www.eternalunlimited.com/) and some of Throwdown's (https://www.throwdown.com/) new gear. Those should be up this week.

2. Metsudragon**

Metsudragon** Blue Belt

Though I may highly disagree with their type of marketing, Tapout screams casual clothing, and it's cheap too, in more ways than one.

3. mmafanw

mmafanw Blue Belt

Since he but the veto on Affliction because it is getting played out the same has to go for tapout.

4. BJJ in Chicago

BJJ in Chicago Livin' la vida bomba

Trying desperately to learn the berimbolo
    eternal is a great choice.

for fashion-esque clothes, maybe also check out contract killer and stagr.

not to hijack the thread, but some shirts i've considered grabbing just based on the fashion are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Westie**

Westie** Purple Belt

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really like Throwdown. I like what they represent and I like their designs. I have a few of the new t-shirts including the Monster in both black and white. The eagle, skullsnake and Throwdown Army in olive. Quality is great. They're made in the US. I also have the new hoodie.

The Fight Planet is good for new Throwdown stock in Canada. I am back in BC and Stu's MMA also carries the new stuff in Victoria.

Never heard of Eternal before. Not bad, but limited selection. I like the 'King' design.

6. Adino

Adino Purple Belt

Yea, that's part of the problem. I'll be reviewing only the good stuff, design and quality and price.

7. Adino

Adino Purple Belt

Throwndown is awesome, and I agree there designs are great. Good quality too, I'll be posting a few shirts on my review.

And Eternal is really really nice, a step above the rest. Bang for the buck it's a sweetest lifestyle brand out right now. Just wait till you see some of the pics of the shirts, the website doesn't do them justice.

8. Fozzy1

Fozzy1 Guest

mmm I liked one of those shirts on Eternal Unlimited.

not really a big fan of the grunge now, like my RVDDW stuff, and Inspirit some of their basic stuff. I'm more of a less is more guy.

good to see u alive Adino.

~Foz

9. glocked1

glocked1 White Belt

I really like the Triumph United shirts. Manto and Knoxx are very nice also.

10. Solid38

Solid38 Purple Belt

I'm a fan of Manto, Truimph United, Knoxx and Fokai for their lifestyle clothing. I refuse to wear any shirt that says Fight Gear, Fight Wear or Combat Gear on it though. i rather buy the brands that support the sport of mma without the shirts SCREAMING that I'm a mma fan or mma practictioner.

I'm also not very keen on the styles that look like Afflictition because its not really my style. I'm like more of that athletic and urban streetwear type of guy. I know the trend right now is the vintage slim fitting type clothing but I think its just a fashion trend that will come and go...I still prefer the classic designs and simple american classic look.

I need shirts and clothing that will compliament my Nikes cuz i tend to usually match my shoes with my shirts. If i wore those Affliction type clothing...I think I would look quite retarded with my Nikes SB or my Nike Dunks.

11. yella91

yella91 Green Belt

Fokai and Shoyo are good choices. They seem to represent the lifestyle of the islands.

I also like Forty Thieves and their gear as it doesn't scream, "MMA!"

12. fil

fil Orange Belt

RVCA and MMA Authentics are my preferences, as well as actual tournament shirts.

I have a couple of Watufaka shirts and they also seem to raise eyebrows.

13. Loco_Loc

Loco_Loc Purple Belt

Fokai Ftw!!!

14. Adino

Adino Purple Belt

Thanks Foz; new job, a big move and starting a business has me burning the candle at both ends. I'm hoping to get back on the forum on the regular.

15. Bigguy_77

Bigguy_77 Blue Belt

I'm really a big big fan of Warrior Wear... Pretty cheap prices and their shirts are really comfortable and made really well...

16. SoulWound666

SoulWound666 KWJR

Big fan of Inspirit. Their designs are wearable in just about any social situation and they are fight gear first and foremost.

I also like the RVDDW stuff, but it's just too expensive to get in the US (so far).

Most of the american made stuff has been done in a style that is similar to the Affliction line of clothing, which has never been too impressive to me.

17. Bigguy_77

Bigguy_77 Blue Belt

Also the No fear MMa stuff on like mmawarehouse.com those are some pretty sweet shirts

18. Heavyweight

Heavyweight Purple Belt

It's not Adino. It's a bot.

19. Fozzy1

Fozzy1 Guest

good to hear things are going well.

~Foz

20. binsu

binsu White Belt

[​IMG]

these aren't cheap at $40 but they feel like silk when you wear them and are durable enough to train in.

www.madcor.com