Media MMA Junkie's P4P rankings are hilarious

So you're saying, for example, that Stipe should still be ranked over Ngannou right now. Or Adesanya should be ranked above Blachowicz. For the latter, that's the case on Junkie.

No, I'm saying exactly what I said. You are just extrapolating random bullshit from it. Cool.

No, I'm saying exactly what I said. You are just extrapolating random bullshit from it. Cool.
What are you talking about? Adesanya is ranked above Blachowicz in the above ranking system from Junkie, even though Blachowicz clearly defeated him. How is Blachowicz not even in the top 15 while Adesanya is 3 after that fight?

When it comes to rankings, especially in the theoretical pound-for-pound consideration, head-to-head matchups should be the primary way to determine who should be ranked higher. How would those matchups not play a factor? If a fighter beats the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, they should earn that mantle. It doesn't make sense to approach it any other way. Think of when Conor beat Aldo, Aldo's achievements overall were more impressive but Conor scorched him, and therefore earned the spot above Aldo.

Who remembers how toxic the P4P wars were between Anderson/Fedor/GSP fans? Shit was crazy back when Anderson took over Fedor on Sherdogs list
The debates were hot because all three of those had a case. I don't know how anyone has Demetrius Johnson in the top 5 in 2021. Did whoever made this list just stop watching MMA?

Jones should't be top 10 let alone FIRST.

Did he look like an unbeatable monster in his last 3 fights, 2 of which he arguably lost and according to 1 judge did lose. Someone make sense of this please.

I expected at least ONE person to bring this up but as per usual the MMA community has hardwired it in to their brains that Jones is the best ever, even when he looks like shit, even when he PEDS, he has the best fight IQ yada yada when all of this is false.

It will be refreshing when new blood comes in to MMA and they aren't latched on to Jones nuts, exactly why I like Max and SAS.

Jones should't be top 10 let alone FIRST.

Did he look like an unbeatable monster in his last 3 fights, 2 of which he arguably lost and according to 1 judge did lose. Someone make sense of this please.

I expected at least ONE person to bring this up but as per usual the MMA community has hardwired it in to their brains that Jones is the best ever, even when he looks like shit, even when he PEDS, he has the best fight IQ yada yada when all of this is false.

It will be refreshing when new blood comes in to MMA and they aren't latched on to Jones nuts, exactly why I like Max and SAS.
Yeah Jones is a sketchy call too. Has been extremely inactive and hasn't looked dominant since 2018

He won the heavyweight GP whilst holding the LHW belt. It's still a good run outside the UFC.

But nowhere near p4p top 10 level. Hed need to have beaten more top fighters than Davis for that spot.

Objective scoring by points - usually will not yield the most accurate result. Exemplified by how off this ranking is.

You need human subjectivity to weight in on level of competition, maybe they just churned this ranking out via computer.

In measuring who is the best and who is not, like in trying to make a list of let say the best of films of all time, you need to ignore the numbers/average audience rating and instead just trust your heart.

But nowhere near p4p top 10 level. Hed need to have beaten more top fighters than Davis for that spot.

He beat the people he could in his org until he lost the belt. He still held two titles in the second major org. He has a respectable record of 28-6 and has beaten competition on par with plenty of other mentions on that list. Pound for pound is stupid anyway, but fighters in bellator are top 10 min in the UFC. If you don't think Bader could have potentially had success against LHW in the UFC or even HW you need to watch more MMA orgs.

He beat the people he could in his org until he lost the belt. He still held two titles in the second major org. He has a respectable record of 28-6 and has beaten competition on par with plenty of other mentions on that list. Pound for pound is stupid anyway, but fighters in bellator are top 10 min in the UFC. If you don't think Bader could have potentially had success against LHW in the UFC or even HW you need to watch more MMA orgs.

P4p is supposed to be determined by the people you win/perform against. Ryan Bader is quality top 10 if not even a top 5 lhw. He has done everything he has been supposed to. There is nothing extraordinary about his bellator achievements. If you gave me the list of his Ballator fights before his debut I could tell you how they all are going to go minus the Davis and Nemkov fights. Those fights were close to 50/50 on paper. Bellator hw division sucks. It really does. You could say Minakov or Volkov fought there but neither during Baders current reign. Good for him getting those wins and that money but unless he beats top talent at either lhw or hw he does not deserve a top 10 p4p ranking. Split dec over Davis is not enough.

I feel like you could have made an argument for a top 10-15 P4P spot before the loss to Nemkov. Bader was a top 3-5 LHW and a top 5 HW.

P4p is supposed to be determined by the people you win/perform against. Ryan Bader is quality top 10 if not even a top 5 lhw. He has done everything he has been supposed to. There is nothing extraordinary about his bellator achievements. If you gave me the list of his Ballator fights before his debut I could tell you how they all are going to go minus the Davis and Nemkov fights. Those fights were close to 50/50 on paper. Bellator hw division sucks. It really does. You could say Minakov or Volkov fought there but neither during Baders current reign. Good for him getting those wins and that money but unless he beats top talent at either lhw or hw he does not deserve a top 10 p4p ranking. Split dec over Davis is not enough.

We disagree and that's all good. My argument would be based off the combination of LHW and HW wins being undersized he does.
The possible GOAT of LHW* has still failed to move to HW. It's not a division you just rock up to and have some fun in. Every fight there is dangerous and given how sparse it is with ranked fighters, Baders wins are still top 10-20 wins so deserve some credit. Name me another successful top 5 LHW who moved to HW in any division? It's less than 10 and none of them won a major title.

Recent loss does hurt, but it's only one.

P4P is just opinion, man.
This one looks to be mostly influenced by sheer numbers. Like someone browsed Wiki and thought:
20+ wins and just one loss? Must be GOAT. Undefeated? Must be in top 10. etc

Yeah...

"Olivera looking to put together a run..."

upload_2021-8-6_7-6-58.png

It must be the fat guy that ask questions first that make the ranking

Back