MMA is back in North Carolina April 26th

Mohawk79

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It was just recently legalized and sanctioned again here in NC. The first event will be held here in Raleigh NC, at Dorton Arena on April 26th

Here is the link:

www.carolinafightpromotions.com

If you live in or around NC come out and show some support and watch some great fights!

Are any of the fights/fighters confirmed yet?

um or u can go 2 the Crown Arena April 12th
cuz there will be mma fights there
instead of having 2 wait till the 26.

It was just recently legalized and sanctioned again here in NC. The first event will be held here in Raleigh NC, at Dorton Arena on April 26th

Here is the link:

www.carolinafightpromotions.com

If you live in or around NC come out and show some support and watch some great fights!

that can't be the first event
cuz there is one april 12
maybe that's the first big one

Yeah, I think the Asheville show is technically the first in NC.

the first mma fight in north carolina was yesterday with 3 pro fights and 2 amateur fight on camp lejuenne north carolina, so ya that is the first one

What do you mean first event in NC? There is one in Fayetteville, on the 12th, and they had some down at Camp Lejeune just recently.

the first mma fight in north carolina was yesterday with 3 pro fights and 2 amateur fight on camp lejuenne north carolina, so ya that is the first one

The first was actually 2 weeks ago in Cherokee, NC.

The first was actually 2 weeks ago in Cherokee, NC.

No that one is not technically in the state, its Cherokee land. They had an event before this back last fall too.

The first official one i know of in the state (meaning NOT on Federal land/property) is in Greenville tonight. There was one last night on the Marine base, so it was actually the first, but I dont know how much they had to comply with NC, it being on a military base.

The one in Raleigh isnt even close to the first, but it WILL be big. They are expecting 3-4 thousand to be in attendance, and possibly more.

There suppose to be an event May 31st in Winston Salem NC. An acquaintance of mine is suppose to be the main event.I don't know the org putting it on though. I will be there... Watching LOL... I'm amateur all the way.To old to be getting beat on by you young punks !!!!!! WarDawg

A couple guys that I train with (Ring Lords Vale Tudo) have fights @ that Raleigh event. I coulda swore they said the big guy, steve, was out due to a shoulder injury way before they put him up on the site..... something may have changed in the few days i've been out of training (dislocated shoulder). Apparently, our guy Valentine knocked out a Team ROC guy last time around, and it being a Team ROC run event, I can't see him getting an easy opponent :p This is gonna be a good one.

he doesnt have an easy opponent. He is fighting one of my guys, Reuben. Valentine is a tough kid. He and Reuben should have a good fight.

But dont think he got a tough draw because of what he did to that kid last time, Reuben is LESS experienced than he is, but he is damned tough all the same.

A couple guys that I train with (Ring Lords Vale Tudo) have fights @ that Raleigh event. I coulda swore they said the big guy, steve, was out due to a shoulder injury way before they put him up on the site..... something may have changed in the few days i've been out of training (dislocated shoulder). Apparently, our guy Valentine knocked out a Team ROC guy last time around, and it being a Team ROC run event, I can't see him getting an easy opponent :p This is gonna be a good one.

I was at that event, and Valentin's performance was great. He kept his cool under pressure., and trust me, Reuben provide plenty of pressure, especially in the first round. I wanted to congradulate him in person, but I was told by the staff that he had probably already left.

When you see him, please let him know that he's the man! I was impressed with his use of head movement, footwork and timing.

Don't get me wrong, ALL of the fighters did an awesome job, and it was money well spent.

Having MMA in NC is awesome. It gives me yet another reason to love this state.

Best wishes,

Back