MMA is a D-Level Sport

tenor.gif

so they can suck at the olympics and dominate MMA. also a guy with less than 5 years training MMA can beat the best fighter in the world (MM). still a long way to go until this sport is remotely respectable

If you don't find MMA to be respectable.....
WTF are you doing on sherdog?!! With 30K+ posts at that?!

Are there diminishing returns to having high level athletes beat each other up? For hardcore fans maybe not.

Fedor vs. Cro Cop is not a fight I watch a lot of. Fedor didn't do a ton of damage and neither did Cro Cop, I think at the time their mutual skills and levels of PEDs canceled the other's out.

Isn't it more fun to watch some Ivan Drago on PEDs beat the hell out of aging legends? Might be better for the UFC if there are only a few high paid guys on the roster.

so they can suck at the olympics and dominate MMA. also a guy with less than 5 years training MMA can beat the best fighter in the world (MM). still a long way to go until this sport is remotely respectable

Just stop watching MMA then.

Who the fuck cares about levels, Tyron Woodley is a beast and is defending his title. I doubt any Gold medalist would have a chance against him.

Fuck off

All that could mean is that wrestling is probably the most dominant style of fighting there is. Something that's been mostly obvious since the first UFC event in 1993.

We've also seen former Olympians take losses in MMA, so that hardly suggests that the sport is low class and low rent as far as talent is concerned.

You are a D-level poster.

The Olympics are so boring. When I can see this kind of stuff at the Olympics, I'll tune in:

giphy.gif

<{JustBleed}>{<buffer}<codychoke>

Don't worry TS, wise men are often derided as madmen and fools for preaching the truth to the ignorant masses.

It's only D level for those guys who start after 30 and fight guys with losing records, it's equivalent to playing in basketball tourney at the local gym. They might be cans but at least they're having fun.

Levels to the sport, levels to every sport...

Last edited:
That's a shitty comparison.

7-9 record at the peak of wrestling, competing against the best athletes of the human race.

54-5 record in MMA, including wins over fat amateurs, rookies, and journeymen.

Yeah, great comparison. Come back with the combined record of top 20-ranked MMA wins.

Thinking of the HW and LHW division in a couple years

srts.gif

OP did a number on you guys. Stay rustled

It is already respectable

It's only D level for those guys who start after 30 and fight guys but losing records, it's equivalent to playing in basketball tourney at the local gym. They might be cans but at least they're having fun.
I didn't follow your post at all? "Start after 30 and fight guys (with) but losing records" is my assumption?

If so, Damn ever heard of Randy Couture, Mark Hunt? They DID NOT make careers fighting opponents with losing records my friend!

And wrestling is in constant danger of being axed from the Olympics because of bad ratings. Imagine.

Not sure I see the logic of that, what does the rest of the US team doing badly in 2008 say about Cejudo? nothing negative I can see given he won gold.

I didn't follow your post at all? "Start after 30 and fight guys (with) but losing records" is my assumption?

If so, Damn ever heard of Randy Couture, Mark Hunt? They DID NOT make careers fighting opponents with losing records my friend!

No man, I'm saying there are regular dudes who get into MMA and fight nobody but guys with losing records. Those would be your D-level Athletes, but at the end of the day they're still having fun. Guys like DC, Randy, Hunt etc...are A-level, they didn't fight a bunch of cans.

no, I wouldn't say D level. maybe B- right now and on the rise

also a guy with less than 5 years training MMA can beat the best fighter in the world (MM).

Mighty Mouse was NEVER the best fighter in the world.

125 is insanely weak compared to every division above it.

Why wouldn't Olympic level wrestlers dominate a sport where wrestling is the best base?

Back