MMA idol Vitor Belfort talks about Silva, Weidman, bullying, his missing sister, +

iLikeBirds

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
On entering in jiu jitsu class in the age of 12:
It was a horrible period, very bad. I had stuttering and people were like: ga, ga, ga ... I was nervous and sometimes the words didn't come out. And sometimes the bullying came from the teacher himself. I remember I had to speak and read a quote in class and I was ashamed. All I had to put out, I put in there in training jiu-jitsu. And it was wonderful, it was a magical moment, it was my time there. All bullyings I suffered in school, that was where I would put out, all the frustrations of seeing my parents separated, fighting, I put out in jiu jitsu.

On fighting Jon Hess (6 ft 7 in, 245 lbs)
- A guy that no one wanted to fight. At that time, didn't had rules, it was crazy. He had blinded a guy in the UFC, because there was nor ules. Then I turned to Carlson, pointed to my balls like this and said, "Carlson, I want to be a father one day, how this can be a ''no rules fight''?" I was with bandage, gloves, I was all good sportsman. I remember very well before the fight when Carlson said: "Hey sir referee, translates here (To Hess), tell the guy he can use knife, shotgun, machine gun, that we will win the fight anyway." I remember he was very big men, i grabbed him, i looked like a tick on the horse. I used the ropes to take him down, knee on his belly and threw the punches. I can say that fight was like David versus Goliath.

On his sister's Missing:
I took my car and started going to the hills .. I said:... "Let's go after her, we'll find it," I was sure I'd be able to find I remember that night I went back and stayed awake for three days in a virtually turned Going from place to place, asking it. "Have you seen my sister? You see, someone saw?" Thing was crazy.

The disappearance is a daily burial. I think it's worse than death. For death you die, and buries, it's like solving, right? And have that hope. I remember that people were beginning to call 190 giving information (The brazilian 911). And a year passes, and two years pass and three years pass. And the worst thing in the world is that little frame hitting the stone, that drop hitting the stone in your heart all day. Hope ...

But i learned that suffering is the most powerful recipe for you to become stronger. It is in the suffering that we grow. It was a painful but liberating process. Because we only have condition to be forgiven when we forgive.

On having any anger on Anderson Silva:
No way, never had. Just the opposite. Anderson became well known in Brazil after the fight with me. After he fought me he turned this phenomenon. I think it was nice that too.

On The Chris:
I have only one thing in mind. His name is Chris Weidman. I just think of him. Just think about it. How will I handle my day with my power, with my pillow with my recovery, my training ... I do not want to save sacrifice because that's what will determine my victory. So I overcome him, i beat Weidman, every day.

On his former TRT threatment:
It is a deficiency. It's like the guy take issue pressure or asthma. Today hormone treatment is in the NFL, the NBA, several athletes use it. And in the MMA had too. I still have the deficiency. Its Not like i don't have it anymore, I just keep moving with and learned to deal with it. I did everything right, had exams. The treatment was banned and I had to leave. My doctor said: "Victor, you will always have that. Your body will have to adapt, readjust, it will take. "It was hard for me to drop the treatment was painful, I felt, but today i learned.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/progr...ra-gagueira-na-infancia-e-sumico-da-irma.html

Wow, i never knew about his missing sister, must've been hard to deal with.

Got a lot more respect for him now, when my cat ran away i could't focus on anything else heh.

Edit: so it turns out she was murdered? I tried to read up on it and they had found clothing belonging to her but no body?

Last edited:

You never knew? Omg, every mma fan knows about his sister :x

tumblr_mgd0m6Gx511s2clq5o1_500.jpg

''Come back Priscila''

This is sad.

I've always liked Vitor, but the TRT fiasco did dampen my enthusiasm for him.

Mma hero anderson.
Mma idol Vitor.
Tbh I hope Vitor uses TRT and knocks weidman out then retires

Small wonder why he went through shitty period in his professional career. Fights are on the back burner when you have a missing loved one.

Vitor he will lay the wrath of jesus on the chris.

I just think of him. Just think about it. How will I handle my day with my power, with my pillow with my recovery, my training ...

wat

::pillow joke about Vitor needing a pillow after The Chris viciously KOs him::

a lot of people don't realize the sister thing...he was out of mma and we didn't know if was coming back. in surprised he did

Nice to see Vitor getting some credit around here.

Dude has had one hell of a road and is still kicking. Ahem.

So, he thinks Anderson only became huge in Brazil because he beat him? Oh Vitor.

Those are some big struggles to have to go through.

Hope we get a new champ in February.

I've watched Vitor since ufc 12. The guy is awesome! He has NEVER done anything to warrant some of the shit he gets from fans around here...

Suddenly the Jesus thing makes sense. It's probably his way of coping.

Priscila Belfort was kidnapped in 2004 and never seen again. Batista is the latest in a string of arrests in the case, and is the second this year after the case went cold for several years. In 2007 one of the kidnappers, Elaine Paiva, confessed to murdering Belfort following her apprehension. Paiva also alleged that Priscila Belfort's body had been burned and buried following the murder. The body has never been found.

In February the police announced new suspects after new leads emerged regarding the kidnapping. A month later they arrested Leandro Ferreira Fernandes for participating in Belfort's kidnapping and killing.

Paiva previously noted that the kidnapping was done with the goal of raising ransom money to resolve a debt with a drug dealer.

Priscila Belfort was purportedly kidnapped and murdered in 2004. (Photo credit: Globo)
Belfort has previously credited the tragedy with motivating him to become a born-again Christian.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rest-suspect-in-vitor-belforts-sisters-murder

So, he thinks Anderson only became huge in Brazil because he beat him? Oh Vitor.

Among non MMA fans? He is 100% right.

Vitor was the only "Vale Tudo" household name until that front kick. And because of a reality show he took part.

Back