MMA Hour After Report: Hector Lombard says Michael Bisping was KO'd by 155 partner

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The MMA Hour had a good line up yesterday, Michael Bisping, recurring guest, returning to entertain us with his usual fight hype with plenty of quotables and Hector Lombard who appeared on the show for the first time after going on record and calling host, Ariel Helwani a "sh*t starter" and a "trouble maker". Ariel also revealed on one of his shows that Hector tried to get Ariel Helwani kicked out of the building by security during the open workouts leading up to UFC 149.

Michael Bisping started off the show wasting no time with you know, being himself. As the interview swayed into Bisping being fed straight lines to make some headlines, he started off with the GIF of Vitor Belfort sucking his wife's toes (according to Ariel Helwani).

mbu0i1.gif

Listen, I just saw... Vitor sucking toes. I'm not interested in who's foot it was, Ariel, all I know is that I'm going to stick my foot up his ass. He can suck my toes on Saturday night!

Tyson Fury made headlines after UFC 155, calling out UFC heavyweight champion, Cain Velasquez. He pulled a similar stunt last year calling out - at the time - UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar to fight him in a boxing match.

"Obviously we all saw Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos and then Tyson Fury - I've only discovered this recently - he's a boxer in the UK, apparently doing quite well and he's calling out the UFC Champion now.

One of the newspapers in England called me up and asked me what I thought about it and I said: Listen, I always support British sportsmen, I always support British athletes, I wish them all the best but a boxer calling out the heavyweight champion of the world, he's not even the best boxer in Britain, he's far from it.

There's a video on YouTube of him throwing an uppercut, missing his opponent and punches himself in the head, it's classic you gotta check it out. Based upon him punching himself in the face, I then decided to no longer give him any of my attention."

Vitor Belfort holds two victories in the UFC that involves landing strikes on the back of the head of the opponent in the UFC, Rich Franklin (KO via strikes, RD 1) and Yoshihiro Akiyama (KO via strikes, RD 1).

10_Belfort_Akiyama05_crop_650x440.jpg

"We all know that he punches people in the back of the head. He dropped Akiyama and he dropped Franklin fair and square but followed it up with punches to the back of the head.

He's not going to get me in that position, Rich Franklin is a fantastic fighter but let's be honest, he just got knocked out by Cung Le so we can all forget about that one, and Akiyama, he's quite easy to hit."

Moving onto Hector Lombard, Helwani immediately moved into the subject of Hector going on record discussing Helwani's "trouble making" ways.

"I speak the truth, nothing more than the truth, you've been causing a lot of trouble with me. Michael Bisping and Mark Munoz, all that drama, you caused it."

"I've got no hard feelings towards you, otherwise I wouldn't do this interview."

"If I do an interview, and they ask, what do you think of Ariel Helwani? Do you think he puts the fighters in confrontations and stuff? I gotta say "YES, he does!"

"I don't know about that..." responded Helwani.

Lombard then talked about an encounter he allegedly had with Bisping in an elevator.

"I saw this douchebag at the elevator, he's got the smallest hands I've ever seen in my life and I squeezed it and I'm sure he was in a little bit of pain. He's got the smallest hands ever, like a little girl. I squeezed it and I think that's why he is upset at me."

Another interesting piece from the interview was Hector responding to Bisping's comments about him being a "midget".

"Matt Pigling(?) (Was hard to make out due to the quality of the line.) One of my 155 partners, he's actually smaller than me, he actually KO'd him in training in Australia. I have a friend of mine who has a video."

Last week, Rousimar Palhares failed his post-fight drug test after his knockout loss in the first round to Hector Lombard.

"I feel bad for him because he needs to use some of that stuff to try to win... I don't. It's a disgrace for the UFC to have a guy like that."

The ongoing battle between the UFC and Bellator for Eddie Alvarez, Lombard talked about Alvarez being "worried" about all the partners.

"Eddie Alvarez asked me on the phone how much money I make from the UFC. Obviously I can't be so stupid and tell him, he's to worried about all the people, this guy, to be honest. I left Bellator being the champion, he didn't."

Listen to the full episode of The MMA Hour on mmafighting.com here, I reccommend the Hector Lombard interview as it was nice to see Ariel and Hector squash it - sorry, I mean settle their differences.

Last edited:
i know people love this stuff but

who gives a fck, just fight

this sht is retarded - bisping is a talented fighter, he should just leave it at that - i guess his whole thing is to get people to watch by wanting to see him get ko'd

funny that helwani got called out - hard to respond to lombard bc he just seems irrational and might just beat the sht out of you even though its not in his best interest

Probably an overexaggeration
You hear about training "KOs" all the time from opponents.

So and so got KO'd by x no name, this guy got owned sparring with this person who I used to train with.

Its just hype

i know people love this stuff but

who gives a fck, just fight

this sht is retarded - bisping is a talented fighter, he should just leave it at that - i guess his whole thing is to get people to watch by wanting to see him get ko'd

funny that helwani got called out - hard to respond to lombard bc he just seems irrational and might just beat the sht out of you even though its not in his best interest

The funny thing is how Helwani just tells the truth and the fighters get mad

you dont think he instigates and takes a very 'national enquirer' gossip / WWE type slant on MMA? i think thats all he does and it isnt my thing - i see his appeal, given what is popular on sherdog, but hes just not for me

i guess he 'tells the truth' but i just dont like the aspects he focuses on - im more into the actual fighting than the gossip and instigation - if you feel the way i do, he can be annoying and come off as smug - the only part i like about his interviews is when someone calls him out hahah but thats just me - i know hes popular

you dont think he instigates and takes a very 'national enquirer' gossip / WWE type slant on MMA? i think thats all he does and it isnt my thing - i see his appeal, given what is popular on sherdog, but hes just not for me

i guess he 'tells the truth' but i just dont like the aspects he focuses on - im more into the actual fighting than the gossip and instigation

Not only that but when the fighters actually talk to him about it he pulls this "But you really hurt my feelings Lombard..." whinefest on his show. He's baiting for soundbytes he can take to the next fighter to get some more.

The only time he has the balls to ask 'tough questions' is when the fighter in question is a nobody or on his way out. See Bob Sapp. If he's talking to a somebody he'll babble about their facial hair and shoes.

Not only that but when the fighters actually talk to him about it he pulls this "But you really hurt my feelings Lombard..." whinefest on his show. He's baiting for soundbytes he can take to the next fighter to get some more.

The only time he has the balls to ask 'tough questions' is when the fighter in question is a nobody or on his way out. See Bob Sapp. If he's talking to a somebody he'll babble about their facial hair and shoes.

this guy knows what is up - method115 is a smart guy, so i was surprised

Get Lucky Patrick to do another interview with Ariel :)

That's everyone's favorite line after they piss people off with the sh*t they say: "I was just being honest." "I was only being truthful." Well, it doesn't take a genius to understand that "telling the truth" can easily cause disputes. The question is whether or not Ariel is knowingly causing disputes to draw attention to his show & interviews. Not saying Ariel is or isn't. I'm just saying that "the truth" doesn't eliminate you from controversy.

i guess he 'tells the truth' but i just dont like the aspects he focuses on - im more into the actual fighting than the gossip and instigation - if you feel the way i do, he can be annoying and come off as smug - the only part i like about his interviews is when someone calls him out hahah but thats just me - i know hes popular

amen

He had no problem asking Carwin about the steroids no one asked Carwin about that. I want to hear him ask interesting questions. Like "XX said this about your top game" how do you respond? Thats a good question I want to know that as well. Not to cause drama but to hear an intelligent response that counters what the first fighter said.

It's not ariels fault that these fighters throw a tantrum anytime someone critizes there skills.

I feel like you do, but we're in the minority. People love it when fighters take a WWE approach and Helwani loves to feed that fire.

Weidman and Hector are 2 of the hypetrains that will be exposed in 2013

Back