MMA full power recommendations ?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by sir-elric, Mar 25, 2008.

1. sir-elric

sir-elric Guest

some classmates and me, we are up to after our bjj sesion to throw to each other some punches and kicks! so

gloves : either Combat Sports Training MMA Gloves or TRUTH MMA Training Glove or Cageside MMA Safety Training Gloves ! we are looking for the one with the more pudding

headgear: we want the maximum protection we can get cause occasionally some can get overexcited and im thinking something like this [​IMG] even though searching around is popping up alot Air Max training Headgear. we looking for full head protection

shin guard : i hvnt seen any other than Combat sports Amateur Grappling Shin-Instep Guards (here we dnt care so much)

2. UKBBC

UKBBC Orange Belt

I have that headgear, and I throw headbutts and elbows too, so that cage is really effective for that. What you cannot do with that headgear though is apply a choke...just too bulky...or my arms are too big :rolleyes:

3. mjfgf

mjfgf Yellow Belt

I would go with the Combat Sports training gloves(they have several different kind)

On the headgear, I would use a face-saver style of headgear rather than the cage. I'm not sure if the cage will be good on your gloves...it may tear up your gloves.

as far as shinguards, I would use the Combat Sports grappling shinguards. They will be the best if you ever decide to grapple with them on.