Mma fighters you met...and how were they?

I was VERY close to meeting Overeem in 2011, I have fond memories of it cause we were each in different cities together that summer

Met Chuck a few years back at a club in San Luis obispo he was really chill and he bought me a drink.

Seen rampage at a subway in L.A told him what's up took out my hand and he said he was a germaphobe and didn't shake my hand so fuck that guy

I know Gary Goodridge. Nice guy but he has sort of lost it. It is pretty sad.

Dominick Cruz - Really nice.

Joey Beltran - Cool dude.

Don Frye - Awesome.

Keith Jardine - Seemed kinda shy and uncomfortable.

Babalu - Grumbly, but still took a photo.

Josh Barnet - Really animated and fun.

I've only met Cruz and Henderson.

Both assholes.

not an MMA fighter but I've met Eddie Bravo a bunch of times. his main gym is closed to an art space I used to frequent. he's a pretty far out guy

i met Josh Barnett at a black metal concert a month or two before he was going to fight Daniel Cormier. he was cool as fuck, drives a nice car, was accompanied by a good looking woman

i met Lyoto Machida outside of my local Chipotle some time after the Gegard fight. I was very surprised to see him in the neighborhood and so I didn't say much to him that was coherent. He was cool considering the situation

i've also ran into Brendan Schaub and Brian Callen at my local Whole Foods. they're busy guys, hit or miss experiences with them.

i met Anderson Silva the weekend after UFC 200. he came into my work and was shopping with his kids. I was totally dumbfounded and starstruck and nobody else knew who he has. the GOAT of our sport, the muhammad ali of MMA and everyone else just thought he was some black guy in gym clothes. crazy. he was super nice though.

i doubt anyone knows who he is, but I've also met/hung out with Eugene S Robinson a bunch of times. he's probably one of the craziest/coolest guys I've met

oh, and not an MMA fighter but I ran into Marc Raimondi a couple of months ago at my neighborhood coffee shop. he was a very awkward dick, which really surprised me.

I met Josh after his fight with Hector and he had no problem signing my program for me. I noticed he'd was walking pretty slow so I aked him how he was feeling. He said he was good. After we walked away a guy that was in his group came up to me and wanted to shake my hand and and thank me for asking how he was feeling. He said I was the only fan that had asked that.

Met Fedor at a seminar. I was wearing this shirt.

ssabsolutevictoryhi.png

He started laughing and showed his buddies it. Dunno what he was saying, but he thought it was sweet!
Nice shirt! Funny that Fedor got to see it. I think I'm going to find Fedor's sweater online and order it now.

I used to run into Tito and Chuck all the time in Huntington Beach and Newport Beach, but more of Tito than Chuck at bars on Main Street. I used to get really hammered back then and troll Tito a little bit. He was always a good sport about it, and actually a super nice guy. One night we were sitting next to each other at the bar, and this was after he whooped Shamrock, and I was asking him about Ken, and Tito didn't have anything mean spirited to say about him. He's a lot bigger in person, and he was always with hot sluts, too.

GSP, Randy, Hendo, Wand, Cain, Cormier, Cote, Rashad, Overeem, Tito, Nate, Royce, Severn, Frank Shamrock, Alves, Mitrione, Maynard, Cowboy, Pat Barry, Louaseau, Newton, Munoz, Fitch, Koschek, Brookins, Bader, Shields, Schaub, Pearson, Stout, Theodoreau. Pretty much all I can recall of the top of my head. I do the nightlife thing for work so we get a lot of fighters out when their in town. Cool thing is I got a snap with pretty much everyone. Never a bad experience, everyone likes to chat.

Rolled with Colton Smith. Dude was pretty powerful. Beat the breaks off me but I had fun. Chill dude.

I met Carter Williams the kickboxer, he was a decent guy.

Joe Doerksen, Royce Gracie, Ben Rothwell, Kurt Pellegrino, Donald Cerrone, Pat Barry, Krzysztof Soszynski, Eddie Wineland, Cung Le, Carlos Condit, Cain Velasquez, Matt Mitrione, Clay Guida, Shane Carwin, Ryan Bader, Dominic Cruz, Brendan Schuab, Sam Stout, Jonathan Brookins, Dan Hardy, Frank Mir, GSP

Non Fighters:
Joe Silva, Brittney Palmer, Herb Dean

All of them were pretty nice. Everyone but Doerksen and GSP I met during UFC 129 week in Toronto. Pat Barry was probably the most outgoing and Clay Guida was actually approaching fans himself rather than the other way around. I met GSP a few weeks ago and unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture with him as the security at London Drugs were rushing us through as quick as they could so that everyone in line could meet him on time so I only got to talk maybe 10-15 seconds with him. He was pretty cool though and you could tell he kind of felt bad about us being rushed through.

Mark Hunt was extremely friendly. I met him at a fitness expo where he had his own booth; he seemed like he was having a great time with fans, taking photos and doing autographs.

He asked for my address for what he said was a competition to win a copy of his book. (This was just before it was due to be released.) By the end of our conversation, the story had changed and he unambiguously said he will send me a copy.

I'm not sure if there actually was a competition, but, to my surprise, the book arrived about a month later from Hunto himself.

Hopefully I don't meet him online and end up like Womb Raider (RIP).

Last edited:
Back