MMA Fighters Are Not Paid For Their Appearance In EA Sports UFC 3

1) get punched in the face for a living - check
2) sign away endorsements - done
3) sign away likeness - check
4) give away firstborn child - coming soon

This is old news mate. The UFC has always stripped their fighters of 'likeness' rights.........it was a major sticking point in the Fedor/Dana saga......

MMA contracts are terrible, the UFC being the most restrictive. Writers have tried to talk about this issue for almost two decades but most fans don't care. Now Endeavor is even fucking them over more by removing PPV points for the few fighters that had them to aid their plan to launch an IPO. UFC fighters are just a bunch of dummies to let themselves be exploited in this manner.

They have little choice. The other organizations pay even less (because they make so much less). So it's either fight in the premier organization and get exploited or fight in another organization for even less.

Last edited:
Shit like this is why they need a union but it won't ever happen. It will have to come from the Feds.
Union wont happen,too many foreign fighters that dont care or know about it

4) give away firstborn child - coming soon

Sacrifices have to be made,do you really want this? Do you wanna be a fighter or not? I hate these guys that come in here,and wont give a way their first born son? Yknow we got savages like Darren Till,dont care about his family? Only care about fighting? THOSE are the guys i want in the UFC.

rs-dana-white-973a6ff4-9519-44c9-88a6-ad2e815cb540.jpg

No duh. They have cut or refused to sign fighters who won't sign away their likeness rights for nothing.

I remember Lorenzo trying to defend that when asked about it once, saying they had to have those rights for things like video games, but not explaining or I think even being asked why UFC fighters unlike other athletes shouldn't get any compensation for it. MMA media too scared.
MMA-Fighter-Randy-Couture.jpg

If you get picked to be on the cover you get a 20 percent discount Heebok certificate and a free copy of the game

Doesn't surprise me. Probably forced to sign away those rights when they sign fight contracts, kinda fucked up. UFC should also include the right of prima noctae.

I could answer this question when I go back to the office tomorrow or Monday if you’re really interested.

Probably the fighters give up their image rights when they sign for the UFC.
Dominance mma fighters give up their image rights to Dominance, who probably sells them to UFC.

They have little choice. The other organizations pay even less (because they make so much less) . So it's either fight in the premier organization and get exploited or fight in another organization for even less.
Or not fight at all and get a normal job instead of just making executives rich at the expense of your health. When the incentive for fighting is removed, that being the ability to make a lot of money, what's the point in going on?

I know a guy who was manger at EA and quit cuz he couldn’t take working there anymore. I got all the sports games for free every year. he said he was embarrassed to get the UFC game for me at work wahaha
I should ask him if he as any good EA dirt

Or not fight at all and get a normal job instead of just making executives rich at the expense of your health. When the incentive for fighting is removed, that being the ability to make a lot of money, what's the point in going on?

Yes, but I'm saying if you want to be an MMA fighter, it's not like there is a lot of options outside the UFC.

That's the reason why we have many UFC video games and not boxing games

UFC can use the fighters likeness for free because it is in the company contract

To make a boxing game today wwoul be too expensive

Back