mma fighters and boxing....

crysis

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
it seems more and more mma fighters are taking opportunities to box....I don't blame them as one match can be a payday worth more than years of service in the ufc.

What sucks about this is dana being the jack ass he is not allowing gsp to do his thing....I realize he did not fulfill his contract and it's frozen which is why he needs approval to do any combat activity but for everything gsp has done for the company it's just plain insulting and ignorant to treat the fighters like shit who pretty much made the sport what it is today.

conor, askren, and now anderson, tyron, and even vitor is stepping it to fight oscar because gsp isn't allowed, and there will be more to follow because they want to get paid and that's where the money is. You don't make big money in the ufc unless you are a star or a champ.

It doesn't matter what dana thinks, it doesn't matter whether he likes boxing or not, it doesn't matter whether he likes gsp or not or oscar....all the fighers he had that he has no control over will go and do whatever they want as many have, saying it'll hurt the ufc image is a piss poor excuse as dana/ufc have already had fighters embarass them, askren to jake and hendricks in his bare knuckle fight....I've come to realization that dana is just a dick and enjoys having control or power to be an authority figure when really he just comes off to me as clown who talks a lot of shit for nothing.

This is a logical consequence of U Fight Cheap's low fighter pay and (lack of)incentives, and shitty contracts. IF Dana and Co. at some point want to put an end to it, they can....by paying fighters what they deserve.

Dana has a Grudge against GSP for walking away after the Hendricks fight then after beating Bisping.

Its time for fighters to start getting deadlines into their contracts, the whole "offer 3 fights a year" unless they retire is whats keeping them from fighting, Dana loves that guys sit their careers out, cause if he doesnt benefit from them no one else does, thats just plain wrong, i get it that he doesnt want to risk "an investment" but there isnt exactly an investment to protect in guys like GSP, he wont fight in the UFC and he shouldnt anyway.

i'm fine with GSP not being allowed to go get his ass kicked in another sport

better that he just be remembered as the GOAT in MMA and not the guy who came out of retirement, went to another sport and lost

The moral of the story is get a good lawyer/manager. Otherwise you will end up being an indentured servant to Dana White for most of your fighting career. I'm glad Anderson, Reem, Vitor and Woodley got out. They have the chance to make a fuck ton of money with exhibition fights essentially.

tenor.gif

The moral of the story is get a good lawyer/manager. Otherwise you will end up being an indentured servant to Dana White for most of your fighting career. I'm glad Anderson, Reem, Vitor and Woodley got out. They have the chance to make a fuck ton of money with exhibition fights essentially.

Personally I think GSP should have rematched Hendricks and defended against Whittaker but he had his reasons so w/e...shrug.

It's not very hard to get out, those you mentioned fought out their contracts. They have to be offered 3 fights a year or the contract is void. All anyone has to do that isn't a champion is fight out their contract. If you are a champion and want out, vacate and fight out your contract. People get stuck because they retire with fights left in their contract. So contract is frozen until a ridiculous amount of time passes in order to void the contract. Easiest way is to just fight out of it, and sign with a lower number of fights so you aren't stuck trying to fulfill your contract if you want out.

It's not very hard to get out, those you mentioned fought out their contract. They have to be offered 3 fights a year or the contract is void. All anyone has to do that isn't a champion is fight out their contract. If you are a champion and want out, vacate and fight out your contract.
Reem got cut, but yeah it was smart of them to fight out their contract win or lose. But who knows what fights others have been offered. The fine print of those contracts is still relatively unknown to the public.

Those guys didn't get out through legal wizardry, they got out by losing repeatedly

Reem got cut, but yeah it was smart of them to fight out their contract win or lose. But who knows what fights others have been offered. The fine print of those contracts is still relatively unknown to the public.
The fine print is only while the contract is active, it isn't active if you fulfill the number of fights in the contract. Reem got lucky because they couldn't afford to pay his contract rate during covid lockdowns and decided to let him go instead.

Its time for fighters to start getting deadlines into their contracts, the whole "offer 3 fights a year" unless they retire is whats keeping them from fighting, Dana loves that guys sit their careers out, cause if he doesnt benefit from them no one else does, thats just plain wrong, i get it that he doesnt want to risk "an investment" but there isnt exactly an investment to protect in guys like GSP, he wont fight in the UFC and he shouldnt anyway.

excactly....not letting gsp box does nothing for dana/ufc. GSP is never going to fight under the ufc banner again so they will never make anymore money off him, also gsp has been respectful, professional, and a company man never saying anything bad, almost like a kiss ass (no disrespect to the ww goat).

however I feel with this whole boxing oscar being denied that gsp is getting abit tired of dana and his bullshit. I find he's speaking out more about stuff, but still does it in a respectful way....telling everyone exactly what kind of money he was making recently in an interview, just to show the fans and other fighters that the money is there to pay fighters better but the company just chooses not to.

they could make some money by letting gsp box oscar if they collaborated with the event but nope dickhead dana wants to keep the contract frozen and not allow gsp to do any combat sport, so I guess gsp wins in the end anyways.....he became a 2 division champion and ended his career on top and the ufc got a contract that's frozen and can't do shit with.

dana might have the ability to screw gsp with any of his ambitions outside the ufc but in the end dana is the one who looks like a jack ass not gsp, as there isn't a single other fighter that agrees with dana's decision...this is why every employee is just a number, you think you are worth much to the managers or bosses but you are actually only as good as yesterday, replaceable, even anderson silva has issues with dana so it goes to show it doesn't matter if you are or were the goat dana will screw you either way to benefit himself and the company, remember dana was one of the original partners with the fertitta brothers so it's always going to be him first and fighters last.

Back