MMA fighter won't compete in Bellator 195 due to his horrible $250 pay/$250 win fight contract.

Which companies did they fight for? How long have they been in business? The reason I ask is just because they were paid more doesn't mean that whoever is writing the checks/cheques is smarter than Bellator by paying more. It may seem like peanuts but those amateur/regional outfits could be out of business just as fast by overpaying.

Oh I wouldn’t doubt for a second that there a tons of regional orgs, including ones I know/go to, that only put on a couple shows before calling it quits because they actually pay all their fighters, haha.

61861197-93C6-4020-ADD4-CD6C9F0B2D21.png F1BB7DB8-00AD-412E-8B2E-CF5F9BBBA33C.png F77003F7-E5BA-4B7C-98F6-E33BDD555E97.png

Posted this before,but will post again for clarity.

Not defending that abysmal pay, but let’s look at things a little more objectively.

Last edited:
Some people would fight for free.

Front row Brian shutting down the bozo's haha

I made a long post in a thread about a wsof fighter making 150 or something that would be great here.

It’s bad, but I guess it’s like a paid internship. You get to work at the place for peanuts. Your true payment is the experience, exposure, and if we like you, a job offer.

that 1k/1k figure is arbitrarily chosen for sure, but i honestly thought that was floor pricing. i guess not. a company the size of bellator SHOULD ABSOLUTELY be paying more than a couple hundred dollars. these numbers are honestly laughable.

that said; lets look at the situation a little more objectively.

this kid is not doing himself any favors. idk if its true or not, but i guess he is making his debut. that is more or less what you would make in any regional event. also mentioned above, the difference between getting peanuts in bellator and getting peanuts in a truly regional event is that bellator will give you a bigger platform. there would probably 1 or 2 thousand people there live for this kids fight. bellator streaming the prelims on their website would also add more than a couple thousand eyeballs on him. if you perform, bellator could definitely offer you more.

what is his alternative? fighting in front of 25 people at the local ymca gym? or he could work at the dollar tree.

this kid more than likely burned a bridge.

On top of all that, if he gets an impressive K.O. or sub they are likely to show the highlight during the main card. And if he gets a quick finish, it’s not unheard of that they show the fight as filler if too many other fights are ending in the first round.

Misaki fought for free with no win bonus after hit and run incident.

Ok it's a monster event. I get it now

I'm sorry but if you are foolish enough to agree to it it is his own damn fault I have no pity whatsoever for him.

Dumb move. If he could rack up a few wins in Bellator it would be great for his career. He should have thought of this as an investment in his future. As it stands, he's a nobody that blew his chance at fighting for a major org. Plenty of fighters who ended up as champs starting out fighting for peanuts. Got to pay your dues.

Dumb move. If he could rack up a few wins in Bellator it would be great for his career. He should have thought of this as an investment in his future. As it stands, he's a nobody that blew his chance at fighting for a major org. Plenty of fighters who ended up as champs starting out fighting for peanuts. Got to pay your dues.
agreed. not mad at the kid for denying the contract, but you don't burn the second biggest mma org in the United States. a truly stupid move.

that said, it has already been established that this wasn't an actual bellator card. this was some event monster was throwing together for some nascar fans in conjunction with bellator.

I'm just pointing out there are plenty of fighters out there who would jump at 250/250 for a debut in bellator. So its not the worse injutice in the world.
I agree.
If you are starting off, you will be paying out of your pocket.. amateur or pro. I would simply request for financial assistance when I would have to go to the hospital.

$250 covers a hotel room, dinner, and alcohol to drown the pain away.

That is trash pay by Bellator. However, what do regional circuits pay fighters? Bellator prelims are mostly just regional circuit guys looking for a fight that don't have a current card to be part of.

Usually house shows have half the fights as amatuer, so its free. The main event is usually 1-4 grand. Usually 2 grand.

Back