MMA fight wear, too flashy?

OniKage said:
Na nothin dodgy it was my Full contact fighter shirt. I mean I'm only 17, 5'10" and 11 stone. The guy was bout 25 and 6'4". I was actin completely normal just went to check everythin was OK, I didn't even raise my voice or act aggresively in any way shape or form. What I meant was if say I was waiting in an ally to mug someone (I'd never dream about ever doing anything like that lol), if I saw 2 ppl and one of em was wearing even just a Ju-jutsu shirt I'd pick the other guy lol.

I know what you mean by that but as it was said in another post, the thief/mugger will either leave you alone or , feel threatened by you and stab you to save his own ass...

Oh yeah by the way, just one question for you guys, Is this too flashy?
I have 4 kimonos. out of those 4 , i have only 2 undamaged kimono pants. Since i couldn't find a store that would sell kimono pants alone, I had the Idea to use real camouflage army pants. I went to the sewing shop and showed them a pair of kimono pants and told to make it exactly the same as a regular kim. pants, without pockets, with the string belt etc...
Well anyway these pants are extremely strong and rigid like my Koral pants and they actually look like proper kim. pants but camouflage. Would you wear somthing like this with a white kim. jacket to training or is it too show off?

mogway-HCK sells just the pants. I have a few instock.
As far as your camo pants, wear the hell out of them. Post some pics, I'd like to see them

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
mogway-HCK sells just the pants. I have a few instock.
As far as your camo pants, wear the hell out of them. Post some pics, I'd like to see them

www.SSFgear.com

I'll put some picks up later. They are great by the way. And are regular US army woodlands camo pants. The sewing store, sowed up the pockets and removed the side pockets, I added the string from one of my older kimono pants and also put a patch so it would look more professional lol. The pants are very solid and even are double coted around the knees like real kimono pants. Nothing like some shitty camo Kimono pants i bought in Brazil made by WAR KIMONOS, where the colour faded out completly after the second wash.

Well anyway these pants are extremely strong and rigid like my Koral pants and they actually look like proper kim. pants but camouflage. Would you wear somthing like this with a white kim. jacket to training or is it too show off?

if everyone knows your regular pants are damaged I think that'd be ok

Did you remove the buttoms and replace the zipper with velcro? Just wondering because some schools won't let you on the mat with buttons and zippers.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
Did you remove the buttoms and replace the zipper with velcro? Just wondering because some schools won't let you on the mat with buttons and zippers.

www.SSFgear.com

There isn't a zipper, there are buttons only. I had them removed and they sawed the gap together. They look just like regular gi pants now. It's only if you look real close that you can see that they were once army camo pants.
How come the HCK camo pants aren't up on your site?

I'll add them to night. I don't get many request for just the pants. They are about $30 I belive.

www.SSFgear.com

Camo gi pants...ummmm...sound intresting. I vote for pics to see :D

I think those camo gi pants sound badass. Anything to be different and add your own personality, ya know?

|Here they are. Notice that all the pockets are sawn up and the string belt goes around like proper gi pants and they are great quality and the colour doesn't run. I put a BGG kimono patch so they would look more professional too.

RoccCity said:
megenerandyrico.jpg

How about Gene LeBell in a red Gameness gi. Now this is a cool gi if you want to be noticed.
GeneLebell1.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

LeBell makes that gi look so much cooler than I do! I just got mine from SSF and it looks AWESOME. Soaked it in vinegar/water then washed and it looks great. I am actually looking at taking lessons over there from Gokor and Gene LeBell 1-2x a week.

I figure that flashy red gi will make some people want to beat me more...but that'll only make me better, right?

On the topic of flashy and since I don't want to waste a new thread, would there be any reason I shouldn't just cut the thread and pull the gameness patches off? I love the embroidery and I could live without the patches, it seems like taking them off wouldn't harm the rest of it, but I figured someone else might know better than me. I may like bright but I also like clean and smooth looking.

MunchE,
There is no problem if you want to take the patch off. A lot of people put their school patch either over it or take it off all together. Just use a razor blade to get it going but be careful not to cut the material.
Don't feel bad about taking the patch off. It's your gi -- do whatever you want with it. Just enjoy it.

GamenessPitbull said:
MunchE,
There is no problem if you want to take the patch off. A lot of people put their school patch either over it or take it off all together. Just use a razor blade to get it going but be careful not to cut the material.
Don't feel bad about taking the patch off. It's your gi -- do whatever you want with it. Just enjoy it.

Thanks for the advice and the quick reply. I love the gi, a couple guys in my class have red Koral gis and for as much as they cost I thought they'd be nicer, but the Gameness looks so much better. I know I made the right choice in gis with this one. Thanks for a great product and SSF thanks for being an awesome retailer.

I'll post some pics of the gi after I fiddle with the patches if ppl want to see.

Munche-Glad you like the gi. Go to WalMart or to a sewing shop and they have this little hook that is made for taking patches off. I got on for $2.19 and I can depatch a gi in under 30mins. With this little tool you don't have to worry about hurting the gi.

www.SSFgear.com

It's called a seam ripper. I've been using one to take patches and other junk off stuff for years, they're great.

MunchE said:
LeBell makes that gi look so much cooler than I do! I just got mine from SSF and it looks AWESOME. Soaked it in vinegar/water then washed and it looks great. I am actually looking at taking lessons over there from Gokor and Gene LeBell 1-2x a week.

I figure that flashy red gi will make some people want to beat me more...but that'll only make me better, right?

On the topic of flashy and since I don't want to waste a new thread, would there be any reason I shouldn't just cut the thread and pull the gameness patches off? I love the embroidery and I could live without the patches, it seems like taking them off wouldn't harm the rest of it, but I figured someone else might know better than me. I may like bright but I also like clean and smooth looking.
I did that with my gameness, and it looks great...still t he best gi I won, better than my atama double weave even, and I am a fan of heavy gi's.

Oe of the pairs of SPRAWL shorts I bought was a little big in the waist to train with, but I wear them out on the street when it's hot, and we've had some HOT weather in England recently... I saw a kid in Hereford a while ago wearing a Chute Boxe T-shirt. I'd wear a Lion's Den T-shirt if I could find a decent one, and I'm looking at buying a UFC hoodie.

Sinister are crap, IMO. A friend bought a chuck liddell one and there's more publicity for sinister than chuck on it, which sucks.

Back