Mma fans and the inferiority complex after every crossover fight

I mean I don't care for boxing or any other "Limited Combat" sport but I respect and appreciate their aspects in mma and in their specialized field.

I think it's a mix bag of haters, trolls, and dickriders on both sides.

I took none of the bouts seriously but supported Mir and Silva...Askren too I guess but I knew he was gonna get slept.

Shit MMA fans hate MMA too apparently if you go by these boards.

It's just one more topic to whine and grind to death.

But I guess that's what we are here for?

What is wrong with mma fans bashing boxing at every opportunity? What do they always compare themselves to boxing when boxing fans don't care as much for ufc or mma? Most recent example us Anderson beating chavez which is impressive. But you have to look at in within context. Chavez jnr is considered a joke in boxing circles , who doesnt train anymore and is too busy smoking weed every training camp. I guarentee alot of mma fighters could beat chavez on points today.

Also why is this considered a redemption for mma? Its only mma fans talking about boxing vs mma. Mma doesn't need a redemption. Nobody took askren losing seriously as everyone know askren has poor striking skills. It's not a black mark on mma in the same way Anderson beating chavez isnt a black mark on boxing. I watch BOTH SPORTS before anyone starts that stupid argument of the jealous boxing fan. It's called having a balanced argument.
It was an exhibition between two over the hill fighters. It just goes to show the state of combat sports that these freak shows make more money and get more publicity than legit fights.

It was an exhibition between two over the hill fighters. It just goes to show the state of combat sports that these freak shows make more money and get more publicity than legit fights.

It wasn't an exhibition bout. It was a fully sanctioned boxing match.

What is wrong with mma fans bashing boxing at every opportunity? What do they always compare themselves to boxing when boxing fans don't care as much for ufc or mma? Most recent example us Anderson beating chavez which is impressive. But you have to look at in within context. Chavez jnr is considered a joke in boxing circles , who doesnt train anymore and is too busy smoking weed every training camp. I guarentee alot of mma fighters could beat chavez on points today.

Also why is this considered a redemption for mma? Its only mma fans talking about boxing vs mma. Mma doesn't need a redemption. Nobody took askren losing seriously as everyone know askren has poor striking skills. It's not a black mark on mma in the same way Anderson beating chavez isnt a black mark on boxing. I watch BOTH SPORTS before anyone starts that stupid argument of the jealous boxing fan. It's called having a balanced argument.

It's completely opposite to what you just said. Embarrassing post.

As a guy that supposedly is a part of both communities, I find it odd that you say boxing fans don't bash MMA when they clearly do.

Not that it absolves the MMA fanbase of stupidity or insecurity in general, but yeah.

Boxing fans do aswel the difference is to a much lesser extent while mma fans who are the new kids on the block always shit on boxing. Fact.

ironic that you call me brainless when you missed the point. Weak insult. Your thread is trash.

You have no argument here as its fact that mma fans are more insecure then boxing fans. I'm qualified moreso then you as I follow both sports and am part of forums for both. Boxing fans are also idiotic at times no ones denying that.

Lol, I thought it was pretty brave. Complete and utter bullshit, but brave none the less. I mean, this forum is one of the more unforgiving, relentless, heartless, and tenacious forums on the intewebs. As a collective, there was little doubt that this narrative would get decimated. Stupid, but ballsy.
<Fedor23>

MMA fans being insecure is 100% fact. They have to shout out about beating boxers on the street or in the octagon because they are so insecure.

by "boxing fans" are you referring to the boomers who can barely stomach watching their own sport or are you talking about the new tik tok/youtube breed?

Boxing should really be compared to Jiu Jitsu, Kickboxing, and Amateur Wrestling.

MMA consists of all these disciplines. It makes little sense to compare boxing and mma.

people are passionate.
And they root for "their choice of sport" as much as they root for fighters within that sport.

Both (Boxing and MMA) are close sports, and Boxing comes with many years of tradition while MMA is still young and carving his own space in the world.

So yes, there is a little competition there.

But I always found it stupid to compare both sports.
You don't see boxers testing themselves in MMA...especially past their primes (well, we had Toney, and that was pretty much how I envision any MMA fighter beating any Boxer, but that's besides the point).

MMA fans want validation from boxing, because they don't want to admit that Boxing is a different set of skills. They like to dream that a Peak Silva could have been Boxing champion if he so chose, and this adds to the narrative. Forgive them for that, but again, MMA fans like the sport and are competitive in nature).

But then again, there's no need to bash Chavez. He was 52-5 before Silva, and while all his losses cam within his last 12 fights, that means he was 6-5 before SIlva... someone who was 1-7-1 in his own sport, so it's not like Silva was in his prime.
And while mentioning prime, let us not even compare age. But it should be fair to say that Someone CHavez's age should be in far better shape than 46 years old Silva.

So yeah, while I agree with you in principle that it is silly to celebrate Silva's win as if it proves anything about MMA or Boxing, I do think it should be celebrated on how Silva did amazing at his age in another sport, against a very good opponent.

Last edited:
You have no argument here as its fact that mma fans are more insecure then boxing fans. I'm qualified moreso then you as I follow both sports and am part of forums for both. Boxing fans are also idiotic at times no ones denying that.

I dont think you're the only person here who follows both sports, or even posts on boxing forums, I do for one, and I see all the anti-MMA shit.

I'm not sure what you think MMA fans have to be insecure over towards boxing these days anyway? like I said its not 2005. MMA is not some niche upstart sport thats barely a blip on boxings radar anymore.

There is a sector of Boxing that feels a rivalry with MMA (im talking journalism, promoters, boxers etc) especially dumb boxing fanboys in sherdog. But most of the Boxing world are cool with us

With Askren people say, oh Paul has just beat a NBA player an a MMA guy, they don't say a washed up fat smaller retired wrestler with hips surgery

Last edited:
Because boxing fans thought their guys were the baddest dudes on the planet. And when mma was still a bit underground we knew that a good mma fighter would wreck them in a true fight. But boxing fans would talk shit about mma being unskilled caveman cock fighting. Now that mma has become mainstream, we are just getting a little revenge. Is normal.

Back