Mma fans and the inferiority complex after every crossover fight

Not calling you a "jealous boxing fan". But by creating an entire thread to call people out for their inferiority complex, aren't you guilty of the same thing you are accusing others of?

Did you read my Comment? I follow both sports. Infact I follow ufc/mma more so in the last 5 years. I'm calling mma fans (who only watch mma) out about their inferiority complex. That's all.

Lol this aint 2005. The inferiority complex is the other way round now OP.

Looking on different forums as I follow BOTH SPORTS( I keep having to say this as ppl can't read in the other posts not yours) ufc forums bash boxing more then the other way around on boxing forums. It does happen on boxing forums but to a lesser extent. I always see mma fans and their stupid 'oh he would get smashed in a street fight by a mma fighter' posts or ', I barely see the same type of posts on boxing forums,

Its really not. I didn't even know this fight happened until I came on here. Boxing fans don't seem to care as much about these sideshows.

Exactly I didn't even know this was on. Similarly I didn't even watch Paul vs askren and I only watched floyd vs Paul cause I'm a massive floyd fan. If it was Paul vs chavez jnr I wouldn't have noticed either. The average boxing fan doesn't even know this event was on.

He was a champ when he took it serious. Now he would lose to journeyman fighters which he LITERALLY did 2 fights ago. He lost to a guy with a negative fighting record who is below. A journeyman level. He has no dedication to the sport.

Silva hasn't won a fight in forever either, though. But I see your point. But don't you think people are aware that AS didn't fight the best that boxing has to offer, but they gave him a much more manageable challenge. But it's still impressive to see and it does show to a lot of boxing fans that have a very absolutist view about the striking skills of MMA being bad in comparison to boxing, that it's not that absolute at all.

Silva hasn't won a fight in forever either, though. But I see your point. But don't you think people are aware that AS didn't fight the best that boxing has to offer, but they gave him a much more manageable challenge. But it's still impressive to see and it does show to a lot of boxing fans that have a very absolutist view about the striking skills of MMA being bad in comparison to boxing, that it's not that absolute at all.

Anderson was also a phenom and isn't the average mma fighter, his hands have always been amazing compared to normal mma fighters. However no I don't think Anderson would be that successful as mma is a diff sport and a fight against chavez doesn't prove anything for me. Sorry but beating a joke of a fighter doesn't mean he would be a success in his prime in boxing. Sorry but that's a massive reach.

What is wrong with mma fans bashing boxing at every opportunity? What do they always compare themselves to boxing when boxing fans don't care as much for ufc or mma? Most recent example us Anderson beating chavez which is impressive. But you have to look at in within context. Chavez jnr is considered a joke in boxing circles , who doesnt train anymore and is too busy smoking weed every training camp. I guarentee alot of mma fighters could beat chavez on points today.

Also why is this considered a redemption for mma? Its only mma fans talking about boxing vs mma. Mma doesn't need a redemption. Nobody took askren losing seriously as everyone know askren has poor striking skills. It's not a black mark on mma in the same way Anderson beating chavez isnt a black mark on boxing. I watch BOTH SPORTS before anyone starts that stupid argument of the jealous boxing fan. It's called having a balanced argument.
This sounds like revisionist history. Most on here thought Askren would wipe the floor with Paul. The talking on here was olympic level athlete versus youtuber. Athlete beats youtuber in boxing due to toughness, athletic ability and combat experience. If you are able you should pull up the threads on the fight.

Defo but to a lesser extent which is my whole point. Mma fans and pundits always bringing the boxing vs mma argument up more then the other way around.
Way of the world in general I think bro

everyone wants to pick a side and run with it lol

Very little middle ground

Last edited:
Anderson was also a phenom and isn't the average mma fighter, his hands have always been amazing compared to normal mma fighters. However no I don't think Anderson would be that successful as mma is a diff sport and a fight against chavez doesn't prove anything for me. Sorry but beating a joke of a fighter doesn't mean he would be a success in his prime in boxing. Sorry but that's a massive reach.

Where did I ever say he would be successful in boxing in his prime? That's a massive straw man.

Also his record doesn't look that bad. So a joke of a fighter seems very unfair.

Where did I ever say he would be successful in boxing in his prime? That's a massive straw man.

Also his record doesn't look that bad. So a joke of a fighter seems very unfair.

Record is different to how the fighter is right now. He has no dedication to the sport now, like I said a million times go to a boxing forum read the first page on the thread, everyone know chavez is an embarrassment to his dad's name and to boxing. He has no a joke for years. He's literally a punching bag who smokes weed every camp and doesn't train. Just cause someone was champ in 2012 it doesn't mean anything in 2021 if you don't give a crap anymore. I honestly think jake paul could do well against this bum nw.

This Irabbs guy is having a mental breakdown.

Your sport of boxing is facing humiliation after humiliation. And you got it coming because you were gloating so much over Paul-Askren.

Boxing was always the most limited combat sport with the least real-fighting application, but its fans always had the biggest mouths.

What is wrong with mma fans bashing boxing at every opportunity? What do they always compare themselves to boxing when boxing fans don't care as much for ufc or mma? Most recent example us Anderson beating chavez which is impressive. But you have to look at in within context. Chavez jnr is considered a joke in boxing circles , who doesnt train anymore and is too busy smoking weed every training camp. I guarentee alot of mma fighters could beat chavez on points today.

Also why is this considered a redemption for mma? Its only mma fans talking about boxing vs mma. Mma doesn't need a redemption. Nobody took askren losing seriously as everyone know askren has poor striking skills. It's not a black mark on mma in the same way Anderson beating chavez isnt a black mark on boxing. I watch BOTH SPORTS before anyone starts that stupid argument of the jealous boxing fan. It's called having a balanced argument.

boxers love to call MMA fighters to box, 99% of them don't have balls to fight in a cage.

so it's funny to see an mma fighter win even without his most dangerous weapons, even if he has 90% of his techniques restricted Anderson 46 years Win a former world champion.

I've explained that it needs to be looked at it within context. If you follow boxing the last 10 years you would see how much of a joke chavez is. The guy has zero dedication to the sport he's lived off his dad's name and grew up in mansions too busy smoking weed.
1*kVHlzvc41qRt4A3sHwND8g.gif

c82346018bc5ae294d5265d564af3882.gif

you look like a pussy, Boxing only works as a sport in a real fight a pure boxer doesn't know how to defend a low kick.

a Japanese from the fake fights was a tough fight for the boxing GOAT!!

and in that fight they not allowed Inoki from using offensive wrestling, otherwise it would be a massacre.

Mma fans and pundits always bringing the boxing vs mma argument up more then the other way around.

What pundits? Rogan is the most famous MMA mouth piece of all time, and he’s been complementary of boxing for as long as I can remember.

The fans, on the other hand, you got me there.

boxers love to call MMA fighters to box, 99% of them don't have balls to fight in a cage.

so it's funny to see an mma fighter win even without his most dangerous weapons, even if he has 90% of his techniques restricted Anderson 46 years Win a former world champion.

1*kVHlzvc41qRt4A3sHwND8g.gif

c82346018bc5ae294d5265d564af3882.gif

you look like a pussy, Boxing only works as a sport in a real fight a pure boxer doesn't know how to defend a low kick.

a Japanese from the fake fights was a tough fight for the boxing GOAT!!

and in that fight they not allowed Inoki from using offensive wrestling, otherwise it would be a massacre.

Here we go with the street fight /octagon argument again. It's like the mma community have one brain? Why would canelo come into the ufc for example and make 20x less fighting and lose to usman? Why would he do that? He would also need years and years of training first in the other disciplines of mma. Throwing a boxer in the octagon with no experience is clever isn't it? Atleast a ufc fighter has training in striking so it's less worse for them to come over to boxing with no experience and even that is UNFAIR. genuine question? Are you mentally retarded?

What pundits? Rogan is the most famous MMA mouth piece of all time, and he’s been complementary of boxing for as long as I can remember.

The fans, on the other hand, you got me there.

Even he throws in sly digs at boxing now. He used to be a boxing fan now he's knowledge is laughable having listened to him lately. The fans yes just look at the posts in this thread. The most brainless community is the mma fanbase. Fact.

you’re delusional. Its pretty often that some boxing nerd comes in here to bash mma. This thread is bad.

Once again I follow both sports and mma moreso these days. I'm not a boxing fan boy. I like having fair arguments. Brainless fool.

He was a champ when he took it serious. Now he would lose to journeyman fighters which he LITERALLY did 2 fights ago. He lost to a guy with a negative fighting record who is below. A journeyman level. He has no dedication to the sport.

You don’t go from champ to losing to journeymen no matter how degraded you are. What an absolute fat lot of utter shit you are spouting.

You don’t go from champ to losing to journeymen no matter how degraded you are. What an absolute fat lot of utter shit you are spouting.

If you followed this guys career u would have a better understanding. But you don't so zip it. Go on any boxing forum or use Google and chdck out chavez career. Go on kid.

Back