MMA Culture is sided with Companies, and against MMA fighters wanting better Pay

That's not being a corporate fanboy. Yelling out "CORPORATE" doesn't mean you win an argument.

You're posting on a fucking computer or phone made by little kids who get a fraction of a penny for your purchase FOR A CORPORATION.

You care about fighter pay instead of illegal worker pay.
If you live in the states, your food was probably picked by illegal immigrants who get paid like shit. For a corporation.
Your clothes.
Your car.
Your fucking shower head.

So please spare the dramatics and go look in the mirror.

I only have enough time in a day to be vocal about my disdain for a few injustices and I chose mma.

Please cry about it some more though, your corporate fanboy tears are delicious (posted from my sweet galaxy s4 btw. You probably can't afford one)

I can explain the Market for you:
Zuffa is a company that owns a fight organization that is supported by investors. They pay their contractors, fighters, based off production and pre-agreed contracts involving base pay and flexible room for bonuses.

That's the model. People don't like it, but it works. I wish fighters got paid more. I wish I got paid more. I wish my parents got paid more. I wish I got paid for sitting here talking to you scoundrels. That's not what's happening though.

It's up to the contractors.

I agree with your pragmatic analysis there, but I was speaking to those who continually say "They are paid market value".... which goes into the circular logic of "The market dictates their value, which is how you know it's market value, because it's what they are being paid and they're in the market." Which, is where your argument ends up going to if you and I sat here and parsed out the analytics of the statement.

But my point was more to those who just blurt it out without thinking.

yup every fan sides with the ufc and not with fighter.

fighter is deemed as a whiny bitch when asking for more money.
sorry to say but majority of mma fans are stupid.

I agree with your pragmatic analysis there, but I was speaking to those who continually say "They are paid market value".... which goes into the circular logic of "The market dictates their value, which is how you know it's market value, because it's what they are being paid and they're in the market." Which, is where your argument ends up going to if you and I sat here and parsed out the analytics of the statement.

ah gotcha

They are paid what they agreed to, same as any employed person.

Could the lower level guys get paid more? Of course they could.

But it's kind of like a musician bitching about being broke - you make the choices.

I'm sure it will change in time, noone is starving till then though.

Change doesn't happen unless people make it happen.

They sign the contract because it's the best they could get at that time. Doesn't mean it's what they should be getting.

The UFC sold 6000 tickets for a 17,000 seat arena and made a little over $400k at the gate. They gave Brown $80k and Silva $22k out of that. Thats $100k right there. Then they had to pay the rest of the fighters, all the expenses in putting on the event, and then give something to their shareholders.

These guys simply don't generate much revenue and therefore don't get paid much.

LMFAO.

Whats the excuse for the PPV's that sold 300k-1 million and did millions at the gate?......UFC events are pretty succesful and generally always sell out.

So one time, the stadium not selling is not a huge deal like you try to make it seem.

At some point, the whole mma is still new argument has to end as it isn't that new anymore. Over time, poor pay will hurt mma as top athletes go into sports that pay better and mma gets the leftovers

Lost me at "the Diaz brothers are what Ultimate Fighting really is." Come on son.

I give not even a quarter of a fuck what fighters are paid or what profits the UFC makes. I am interested in seeing good fights and MMA surviving and thriving for a long time to come.

As a general rule, that probably means I am more interesting in the UFC continuing to be profitable because as long as they are, they will continue to expand and improve their product.

Fighters chose this line of work. If they didn't want to work hard or get beaten up for a living, they could've gotten a desk job or learned a trade. What does more fighter pay get me?

That's not being a corporate fanboy. Yelling out "CORPORATE" doesn't mean you win an argument.

You're posting on a fucking computer or phone made by little kids who get a fraction of a penny for your purchase FOR A CORPORATION.

You care about fighter pay instead of illegal worker pay.
If you live in the states, your food was probably picked by illegal immigrants who get paid like shit. For a corporation.
Your clothes.
Your car.
Your fucking shower head.

So please spare the dramatics and go look in the mirror.

Most Illegal immigrants get paid minimum wage if they work in the actual agricultural fields, but there overtime I think starts after 10 hours or something stupid like that(thats how the law is).

Your right however, it is wrong what other corporations are doing.....So does that mean I can't criticize the UFC because other corporations do it as well? I don't understand your logic.

Or are you saying I can't criticize anything in the world because I buy those products like UFC/Mcdonalds/etc which rip people off?

Sorry but just because I purchase to products doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

Also Im willing to bet the UFC does has a way bigger profit margin than Samsung/Nike/etc.....Those companies are actually competing thus they have to keep sell prices competitive.

Lost me at "the Diaz brothers are what Ultimate Fighting really is." Come on son.

Have you seen how the Ultimate Fighting brand is sold as ?

Shit talkers who fight entertaining fights, who stand and bang....Yeah bro, that Diaz Bros represent that lol.

I only have enough time in a day to be vocal about my disdain for a few injustices and I chose mma.

Please cry about it some more though, your corporate fanboy tears are delicious (posted from my sweet galaxy s4 btw. You probably can't afford one)

No, that's not how this works. You don't call me a "corporate fanboy" when you're a corporate fanboy just like I am, I'm just have enough self-awareness to not cry about it from my white tower like you do.

I have an iphone because I'm not a simpleton. Let me know what that shitty instagram app is like, I'm really really curious as to how your inferior OS feels

i disagree with your characterization of the term "market value".
Your market value is how much someone is willing to pay you to do your job.

The market dictates their value at the time that they are signing a contract. If they end their contract on a high note, they have the potential to get a more lucrative deal because they are attractive to other organizations in the market place. This is how Melendez got a deal so good that nate diaz even liked it.
It's why Askren is (some day) fighting in OneFC.

Change doesn't happen unless people make it happen.

They sign the contract because it's the best they could get at that time. Doesn't mean it's what they should be getting.

I believe when Mahatma Ghandi famously said "Become the change you want to see in the world" he wasn't referring to contractually agreeing to things contrary.

Came back to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the beatdowns that are being handed out in this thread. Please continue.

I believe when Mahatma Ghandi famously said "Become the change you want to see in the world" he wasn't referring to contractually agreeing to things contrary.

Good for Ghandi. I wasn't referring to him. I was thinking more along the lines of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", but a little more professional.

Fighter pay isn't going to get better by fighters being quiet and fighting. Dana/Lorenzo/Frank aren't just going to open up their pocketbooks out of the goodness of their hearts. Fighter pay will get better when enough fighters of all levels start doing something about it.

(the no names got paid pretty damn good)

Two of those were world title fights and the last one wasn't originally planned to be on the main card. Weird that you refer to them as no names. Another person who uses boxing as an example but probably doesn't actually follow it.

Back