***MMA Conditioning Article***

The part about people getting hung up on the "L" part of "LSD."

2.5 miles is far...:redface:

wrong

the correct answer is everything :icon_chee

Your telling me

*jiggles belly*

Dont push it, Ian...I'm still upset that you started posting in your log again. I had just gotten comfortable in there...

I did wonder what that mess in the corner was

edit where is your log misses?

I like how you guys turned this from the often repeated LSD vs. HITT to a side room of St.C's Pub.

I like how you guys turned this from the often repeated LSD vs. HITT to a side room of St.C's Pub.

It was either that or talk about LSD vs. HIIT. The novelty kinda wore off after the first dozen or so threads about it...

Tell me about it. it seems the guys who actually fight are "wrong" according to the white belt posters. Every thread, every time.

I think the next LSD v. HITT threadstarter should feel the hammer.

hint hint

*walks in with flowers and candles*

*sees centaur, throws them out of the window*

'hey guys'

Tell me about it. it seems the guys who actually fight are "wrong" according to the white belt posters. Every thread, every time.

I think the next LSD v. HITT threadstarter should feel the hammer.

hint hint

now now, its not just them

other people have said it as well.

Agreed about the novalty wearing off though

*goes off to post in misses log*

I has no hammer :icon_cry2

a spork?

spork-700806.jpg

*walks in with flowers and candles*

*sees centaur, throws them out of the window*

'hey guys'

now now, its not just them

other people have said it as well.

Agreed about the novalty wearing off though

*goes off to post in misses log*

True, true.

The Fitness Blueprint - General Health - Designing a home gym... on a budget

I didnt read the article, but this article alone makes me think twice about the credibility of this website.

"Without a doubt, equipping your home gym with dumbbells should be your first priority"

"Companies such as Nautilus & Bowflex have developed adjustable-weight dumbbells that allow you to simply adjust the poundage from 5-50lbs. "

"#3 Choice - Exercise Ball" Exercise ball as the 3rd most important piece of home gym equipment?

"power rack makes the highly effective barbell squat and dead-lift exercises possible"
Since when do you need a power rack to do deadlifts?

"#4 Choice - Power Rack"
Behind 50lb dumbbells and a exercise ball?

Holy shit, i must have too much time on my hands to be typing this crap.

Did you read the same article I read? I didn't see any of this mentioned.

Did you read the same article I read? I didn't see any of this mentioned.

I think he's referring to a different article. One on putting together a home gym. I read this article as well after he pointed it out but I think that article is in the "general health" section so I don't think the equipment selection really applies to those training for MMA.

Interesting though..

If you had to put together an MMA home gym.. what equipment selections would you choose?..

I'd say ..

Kettlebells

Freemotion Cable Machine
(have one at the gym I train at and it's sick for core work, throwing resisted punches, knees etc.) I also position the cables really high and put one of those bosu balls on the ground and do some ground and pound work.

Thai heavy bag obv.

What else?

Tire and sledgehammer and Concept2 Rower, and obviously all the 'obvious' stuff (weights, bags, mats, gloves etc)

I hate to do this ..

But I was just reading an article in training myths by Joe Defranco and guess what myth #7 was?..

Myth #7: It’s important to build an aerobic base of conditioning before getting into more intense anaerobic work.

"There's no physiological basis for this statement. Having an aerobic base doesn’t help you perform or recover from anaerobic work. Think about this, do you think a marathon runner would be able to withstand the demands of an intense football game? On the other hand, do you think that one of the NFL’s superstars would be able to complete a marathon?

Of course not! This is because the physiological demands of both sports have about as much in common as Howard Stern and Kathie Lee Gifford. Yet athletes who participate in anaerobic sports still tend to associate getting in shape with long, slow, distance training. Nothing can be further from the truth.

A more productive alternative to jogging or cycling a couple of miles would be to perform multiple anaerobic activities with short rest intervals over a prolonged period of time. For example, performing a GPP (general physical preparedness) workout that consists of bodyweight calisthenics (jumping jacks, bodyweight squats, squat thrusts, etc.), movement skills (power skipping, side shuffling, backpedaling, etc.) and mobility drills, is far superior to linear, slow, long-distance running.

By performing exercises that challenge an athlete’s relative strength, balance and coordination in a continuous fashion, we’re able to improve their endurance without the loss in muscle mass, strength and speed that’s associated with the slow distance method."

I think he's referring to a different article. One on putting together a home gym. I read this article as well after he pointed it out but I think that article is in the "general health" section so I don't think the equipment selection really applies to those training for MMA.

Interesting though..

If you had to put together an MMA home gym.. what equipment selections would you choose?..

I'd say ..

Kettlebells

Freemotion Cable Machine
(have one at the gym I train at and it's sick for core work, throwing resisted punches, knees etc.) I also position the cables really high and put one of those bosu balls on the ground and do some ground and pound work.

Thai heavy bag obv.

What else?

why would you want resisted punches and knees?

Back