Mma can exist without wrestling.

People often say wrestling is extremely important to mma and the most important base art to have. This is 100% false. The original mma sport, Kudo, is a mix of Karate and Judo and zero wrestling. It's all takedowns, submissions and strikes. No cage humping allowed. Also, MMA needs to get rid of cages AND rings. Promotions should start using rope less platforms like Olympic Judo, Karate, Kudo, that one kickboxing promotion Chuck Norris ran, etc...

Get rid of wrestling. It's worthless, boring and NOT fighting.

It'll never happen Mr. Dux, no matter how hard you try.
You had your time, now it's over.

bloodsport6.jpg

Conor fan just realized Conor doesn't know how to wrestle.

When I was younger and insecure about my manhood, my wrestling chops helped me end a number of fights real quick because lifting a guy up and throwing him onto the ground generally hurts really badly.

This is not an excuse to brag. I openly admit that I punch like a child and my overall striking is pathetic. But wrestling is a legitimate martial art that can be devastating, offensively, in real life situation.

right because no wrestler has ever learned how to defend a choke

if you don't have every tool at your disposal you'll get wrecked by someone who does
If you have good Judo no wrestler will be able to stop you from having their way with them.

People often say wrestling is extremely important to mma and the most important base art to have. This is 100% false. The original mma sport, Kudo, is a mix of Karate and Judo and zero wrestling. It's all takedowns, submissions and strikes. No cage humping allowed. Also, MMA needs to get rid of cages AND rings. Promotions should start using rope less platforms like Olympic Judo, Karate, Kudo, that one kickboxing promotion Chuck Norris ran, etc...

Get rid of wrestling. It's worthless, boring and NOT fighting.

Then MMA now basically turns into Smackgirl.

Back