Mma can exist without wrestling.

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People often say wrestling is extremely important to mma and the most important base art to have. This is 100% false. The original mma sport, Kudo, is a mix of Karate and Judo and zero wrestling. It's all takedowns, submissions and strikes. No cage humping allowed. Also, MMA needs to get rid of cages AND rings. Promotions should start using rope less platforms like Olympic Judo, Karate, Kudo, that one kickboxing promotion Chuck Norris ran, etc...

Get rid of wrestling. It's worthless, boring and NOT fighting.

First, how are you defining wrestling? Second, how do you set up submissions without wrestling in your example? All standing submissions? Third, if Kudo already exists why change mma?

Your username is pretty ironic imo.

You need to go join your high school wrestling team

You just need to be able to throw overhands and be able to hold on for a stand up when youre taken down. That is MMA.

I guess you were not around five or six years ago when lay and pray was a lot more prevalent. Has not happened much lately besides Cormier on Silva.

First, how are you defining wrestling? Second, how do you set up submissions without wrestling in your example? All standing submissions? Third, if Kudo already exists why change mma?

Your username is pretty ironic imo.
How? It's called Judo, motherfucker! You throw a bitch around and send them flying! Not boring wrestling.

Get rid of walking and head movement. Worthless, boring and NOT fighting

I guess you were not around five or six years ago when lay and pray was a lot more prevalent. Has not happened much lately besides Cormier on Silva.

Even then, Silva just has excellent GnP defense.

People often say wrestling is extremely important to mma and the most important base art to have. This is 100% false. The original mma sport, Kudo, is a mix of Karate and Judo and zero wrestling. It's all takedowns, submissions and strikes. No cage humping allowed. Also, MMA needs to get rid of cages AND rings. Promotions should start using rope less platforms like Olympic Judo, Karate, Kudo, that one kickboxing promotion Chuck Norris ran, etc...

Get rid of wrestling. It's worthless, boring and NOT fighting.

Can't tell if srs or trolling

Get rid of walking and head movement. Worthless, boring and NOT fighting
giphy.gif

Silva was doing the laying-and-praying, but holding the lockdown and praying for a stand up.

meh lets just give them swords. There in not much clinching or grappling involved in sword fights.

and then when someone who doesn't know wrestling gets double legged they're fucked because they never learned how to wrestle

How? It's called Judo, motherfucker! You throw a bitch around and send them flying! Not boring wrestling.
As a former judo practicioner and a turd with a couple amateur mma fights... You have no idea what you're talking about.
A striking equivalent:
"man to hell with all these boring straight punches and thai style kicks, i only want to see flying superman punches and spinning $hi* from tawkwondo, mma can exist without boxing and muay thai"

The best approach to mma is evolving and changing constantly. If you'd like to find out what works best, look at a few fights.
Good to have you onboard i wish you much fun getting to know this wonderful sport called MMA.

Kudo, the best martial art. Most of the UFC champs started with Kudo and no one has ever trained wrestling...

Back