MMA/Boxing crossovers complete list?

No love for Kazushi Sakuraba vs Rubbin "Mr Hollywood" Williams?

Williams was like 29-2 before facing Sakuraba, with his only losses being to IBF super MW champ Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy, and IBF MW contender Antwun "Kid Dynamite" Echols.
After getting Kimura'd by Saku, Rubin lost his next 31 boxing fights in a row, ending up with an impressive 29-33 record.

No, there's no typo, his decline was just that insane...

Why is this fight not mentioned in any of the threads? Is it because of it being an exhibition?

No love for Kazushi Sakuraba vs Rubbin "Mr Hollywood" Williams?

Williams was like 29-2 before facing Sakuraba, with his only losses being to IBF super MW champ Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy, and IBF MW contender Antwun "Kid Dynamite" Echols.
After getting Kimura'd by Saku, Rubin lost his next 31 boxing fights in a row, ending up with an impressive 29-33 record.

No, there's no typo, his decline was just that insane...

great mentions!! I will add them to OP.

Man, i had absolutely forgotten the saku vs williams fight.

Sup sherdoggers. Help me complete this list! I'm sure there's tons i'm forgetting.

Judo Gene LeBell vs Milo Savage (
1963)

levellvssavagel.jpg

The War of the Worlds (1976): Muhammad Ali vs Antonio Inoki
636836894.jpg

UWF international (1991): Nobuhiko Takada vs Trevor Berbick

x1080

UFC 1 (1993): Art Jimmerson vs Royce Gracie
screen_shot_2013-11-16_at_9.04.27_am.0.png

K-1 PREMIUM 2003 Dynamite!! (2003): Butterbean vs Genki Sudo
heel-hook.png

Pride 31 (2006): Mark Hunt vs Yosuke Nishijima

25768.jpg

CFFC 5 (2007): Kimbo Slice vs Ray Mercer

kimbo-slice-traps-ray-mercer-against-the-side-of-the-cage-and-hits-picture-id80599074

Adrenaline MMA III (2009): Tim Sylvia vs Ray Mercer
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F6c7360735eb1aee5ca6dd9e431b48305.png

Dream 11 (2009): Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Rubin Williams
20091007115445_200910061347.JPG

UFC 118 (2010): Randy Couture vs James Tony
Bs-h8J8xp4srkiq3XODZfgcg6wRPekZGQAC6HU-YCBqUkUJUhJW4eXa42gAGIjg3C7XwJDi-fysIxJVGe5jG0hKh-7OsdMK_y5NpK3EbeZ9mDQ6Y6mbsGqtKRuE

Omega MMA (2013): Ricardo Mayorga vs Wesley Tiffer
1966.0.jpg

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather (2017)
merlin-to-scoop-126438434-51061-superJumbo.jpg

BKFC 6 (2019) Paulie Malignaggi vs Artem Lobov
paulie-malignaggi-artem-lobov_11d5dhlanjgdi1ig06sfzhsrg9.jpg

Triller (2021): Ben Askren vs Jake Paul
jake-paul-ben-askren-getty-ftr_gfxfqcn92vrg1x8oyjjil9pd1.jpg

Tribute to the Kings (2021): Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Anderson Silva
E4TGxUcWEAADfNU.jpeg

Why not also add the results and keep score?

Nice list, but I don’t think Artem vs Paulie should be there.

Jeremy “half man half amazing” Williams

A boxing legend and undefeated MMA fighter, also my good friend and coach. He crossed over late in his career but was quite successful in MMA he also tooled a ton of guys in the gym back in the day I/e Rampage, Kimbo, Randy, etc etc anyone who trained in Los Angeles back when Legends MMA (owned by Bas and Randy pre Xtreme Couture) knows how badass Jeremy was. He wanted to fight the top of UFC 205lb div (at the time Chuck) instead they offered him a spot on Tuf and he felt disrespected and didn’t take it. He’s probably the greatest missed talent opportunity I know of from a signing perspective.

Deserves a spot on your list TS (should be at the top) he never lost an MMA fight and had 43 pro boxing wins with 38 KO’s and had fastest KO in Boxing history for a while. Also had 101 amateur boxing KO’s put some respect on the homeys name!

Jeremy “half man half amazing” Williams

A boxing legend and undefeated MMA fighter, also my good friend and coach. He crossed over late in his career but was quite successful in MMA he also tooled a ton of guys in the gym back in the day I/e Rampage, Kimbo, Randy, etc etc anyone who trained in Los Angeles back when Legends MMA (owned by Bas and Randy pre Xtreme Couture) knows how badass Jeremy was. He wanted to fight the top of UFC 205lb div (at the time Chuck) instead they offered him a spot on Tuf and he felt disrespected and didn’t take it. He’s probably the greatest missed talent opportunity I know of from a signing perspective.

Deserves a spot on your list TS (should be at the top) he never lost an MMA fight and had 43 pro boxing wins with 38 KO’s and had fastest KO in Boxing history for a while. Also had 101 amateur boxing KO’s put some respect on the homeys name!

Im a big williams fight, but calling him a legend is more than a stretch. Do you know why he stopped fighting mma (is it because of that tuf offer)

Im a big williams fight, but calling him a legend is more than a stretch. Do you know why he stopped fighting mma (is it because of that tuf offer)
He had some personal drama, divorce from his wife who he loved very much which was hard on him. As well as high expectations of what he wanted from the UFC (definitely higher than the 100k for multiple fight TUF contract to the winner). He was used to pretty big money fights in boxing at the time he crossed over and UFC pay especially in those days was abysmal. He felt disheartened by the amount of money he could make even though his skills were high level. I saw him destroy guys like Rampage, Randy, Kongo etc daily in the gym. He also was a paid sparring partner of Tito’s in big bear at the time for camps. The week Kimbo was in our gym he quit after the first round of sparring Kickboxing with Jeremy who used to use 20oz gloves when sparring with MMA guys because he just hit way to hard for everyone. Also his wrestling was surprisingly good (he was state in HS) although he was only a blue belt under Eddie Bravo (who was the Jits coach at legends which was 10th planets original home) he was a freak athlete and ate up any and all pros there during MMA sparring sessions which I was a part of 5 days a week at that time as it was my home gym for a couple years and I was a part of the fight team. The gym was home to Randy, Bas, Rob Kaman, Mayhem, Rampage, Karo, etc etc at the time it was the premiere MMA gym in Los Angeles.

shout out to Clay Collard, KJ Noons, Jens Pulver, Holly Holm, Marcus Davis who all had decent careers in both sports

I haven't done any research into the others' boxing careers but Jens' boxing "career" consisted of 4 fights against absolute jobbers over the course of like 8 months in 2004. He suffered multiple knockdowns on route to a split decision victory over THE Steve Vincent. He didn't have a good career.

I haven't done any research into the others' boxing careers but Jens' boxing "career" consisted of 4 fights against absolute jobbers over the course of like 8 months in 2004. He suffered multiple knockdowns on route to a split decision victory over THE Steve Vincent. He didn't have a good career.

dang you're right -- i just remember the UFC saying that over and over again through the years. Good catch!

Takada vs. Berbick and Saku vs Williams were likely fixes.

One I rarely ever hear mentioned is Funaki-Duran (a work as well but interesting nonetheless). Lefevre-Radach.

James Warring vs Erik Paulson and Renzo Gracie. Melton Bowen from the early UFC. Matt Skelton vs Tom Erikson?

Naturally on sherdog you get Toney-Couture and Sylvia-Mercer but there have actually been quite a few.

Note: boxer wrestler matches were common during bareknuckle Era. 90% were won by wrestlers.

USA 's first Greco-Roman heavyweight champion William Muldoon helped train John L Sullivan and they constantly fought exhibitions that would go either way. The Frenchmen whose name escapes me fought McVey (sp?)(bareknuckle champion) under rules that he could submit him 10 times without being knocked out. He was brutally knocked out I believe in the 4th or 7th round but was able to submit him several rounds in a row before being knocked out.

Back