MM vs Cejudo FOTN... wtf?

DJ/Cejudo was FOTN. Just showing heart and getting your ass beat doesnt = a great fight. MM/Cejudo was competitive and had the drama of a 11 title defense streak on the line and told a story, It looked like Cejudo was injured early and done for just like the first fight, but he came back and started winning rounds and eventually took it. It was the technically high level fight and more entertaining than a guy eating leg kicks for 3 rounds.

I would be happy with either fight getting it for different reasons (not so much Santos/Holland), but I at least hoped Perez would get a bonus. His performance was pretty incredible.

Considered what Johns and Munhoz did earlier tonight
and
Santos vs Holland
(no bonus for Perez)
It was a great fight but not bonus worthy for either one

DNgaLfjWsAUG0m-.jpg

dana doesn't like to not give give the title fights kotn even if a fight on the undercard was 5times better.

The title weights more than those two minions combined.

DJ/Cejudo was FOTN. Just showing heart and getting your ass beat doesnt = a great fight. MM/Cejudo was competitive and had the drama of a 11 title defense streak on the line and told a story, It looked like Cejudo was injured early and done for just like the first fight, but he came back and started winning rounds and eventually took it. It was the technically high level fight and more entertaining than a guy eating leg kicks for 3 rounds.

Only problem was it wasn't actually a very good fight, both guys fought very conservatively taking relatively few risks and there was little threat of a finish as a result.

The reality is its FAR easier to look slick when you take few risks yet time and again people confuse this for a higher level of skill. To look slick AND fight aggressively, that's a mark of the highest level skill.

munhoz fight was way better. cejudo and MM were point fighting

Was pretty tense as the rounds went on and you start to imagine an upset. Probably was fotn just because it went the distance and there was obviously some very technical wrestling on display, and because of the big upset. Not even close to being a fight of the year candidate for me though.

Back