MM is not a draw!!

Do you order his PPVs?

If your question is to insinuate that i wouldnt pay for a MM card but happily throw my money to see any of other champs fight, then your wrong.

Then we got MM whose just simply hard to market. He's extremely small. He has no beef with other fighters. Soft spoken. Very nice guy. Refuses to act tough, to be an asshole, to be loud as possible to sell himself. It sucks. Same with opponents.

But most importantly of all, the smaller mens divisions have never done well outside of Conor Mcgregor.
I know the UFC are an overrated promotional company by the very fact that they didn't promote Johnson strictly in the pacific northwest; the last thing they should be doing with low drawing champions is booking their fights hundreds and hundreds of miles away from their hometown crowds. Boxing knows this, they book their champions in their respective hometown markets and once they've been built up enough they widen the geographical net.

Case and point, none of these fighters are from Texas:
UFC-211.jpg

You can find countless examples of the UFC doing this to both recent and long reigning, low-drawing champions. The fact that they do it so often tells me that they're more interested in promoting the UFC brand than they are the champions, which matches up perfectly with how they introduced the Flyweight Division and its respective champion.

But he has a big Mcgregor in his pants ok

Are u serious?? You dont think the ufc has tried to promote the heck out of mm over the years?? You can only promote somebody so much. At some point they need to have some sort of appeal. i cringe whenever i hear mm talk. Hes NEVER dared to be great. He cleaned out his bs division. After a fighter cleans out a division they are supposed to move up in weight. The huge stars are fighters who both people love and people hate. The problem with mm is no one at all cares whether he wins or loses. Let me know when he dares to be great.

I think you missed my point, when you say they have tried like hell to promote him, 1.No they didnt. 2. UFC cannot promote fighters, they suck at it, since they took away fighters sponsorship there isn't anyone new who can sell over 400k PPV's.

It's impossible for the UFC to create stars. Stars create themselves.

I know the UFC are an overrated promotional company by the very fact that they didn't promote Johnson strictly in the pacific northwest; the last thing they should be doing with low drawing champions is booking their fights hundreds and hundreds of miles away from their hometown crowds. Boxing knows this, they book their champions in their respective hometown markets and once they've been built up enough they widen the geographical net.

Case and point, none of these fighters are from Texas:
UFC-211.jpg

You can find countless examples of the UFC doing this to both recent and long reigning, low-drawing champions. The fact that they do it so often tells me that they're more interested in promoting the UFC brand than they are the champions, which matches up perfectly with how they introduced the Flyweight Division and its respective champion.

I don't disagree. But who really knows what their business strategy priorities are like at the moment? Maybe management sees MM as a lost cause, so why waste valuable resources on a guy who draws 100k PPV buys?

I know it sounds stupid, but hey, it's the UFC. I think it makes a whole lotta" sense to why they tried real hard to pressure MM to fight TJ with no increase in pay. They want the little guy to lose so he has less leverage in the future.

Been saying this for years...DJ is so fun to watch and is always bringing top notch techniques..just random manlet hate from sherdog and dana...i bet if dj got to headline more cards alone the casuals would flock to him more..not to mention his twitch following

They never gave him that big push by putting him on any high selling PPV's, instead they reserved those spots to push WMMA to keep Dana's side chicks happy.

I don't disagree. But who really knows what their business strategy priorities are like at the moment? Maybe management sees MM as a lost cause, so why waste valuable resources on a guy who draws 100k PPV buys?

I know it sounds stupid, but hey, it's the UFC. I think it makes a whole lotta" sense to why they tried real hard to pressure MM to fight TJ with no increase in pay. They want the little guy to lose so he has less leverage in the future.

But it's not as if they are putting there resources behind any fighter and its paying off, there 2 biggest cards that they stacked barely made 400k.

Im not saying MM could be a star, but there's no reason why he should get the blame for the UFC's transparent inability to promote fighters.

Without sponsors promoting fighters they cant produce any fighter that make it mainstream.

But it's not as if they are putting there resources behind any fighter and its paying off, there 2 biggest cards that they stacked barely made 400k.

Im not saying MM could be a star, but there's no reason why he should get the blame for the UFC's transparent inability to promote fighters.

Without sponsors promoting fighters they cant produce any fighter that make it mainstream.

He shouldn't be blamed. I don't think it's fully his fault either. Nor should Dana White run a smear campaign on him to pressure MM into taking a bad fight deal with TJ.

If MM wants to sit in his division and defend vs contenders who worked their way up, that's fine by me. If the UFC wants the fight with TJ to happen so badly they should pay him more money like he's asking for.

If MM wants more money in the future then he should do everything in his power to sell himself.

It doesn't help that his misshapen head is disturbing to look at.

There is no way you can really promote MM if he is not willing to fight TJ.

He is way too normal and nice, that is not a knock on him but entertainment wise he is not going to be a reality TV star..

Then add in the fact that hes a super small dude, way smaller than your average person.. that just naturally makes people buy into the division less, there is millenia of biology behind that unfortunately.

We are hard wired to see threats, and we often size people up to do that..People don't see guys in that division as a huge force or major threat, unfortunately. No offense just reality.

Thats not true, that entire notion is fabricated, and the myth was broken when the biggest mma star was a 145lb fighter who fought in a division whose PPV's barely broke 200k.

Your entire argument proves my point, FlyW is a deeper division today than HW, than LHW, and its right up there with BW, FW, and even WW in terms of quality fighters and opposition, its the UFC's lack of promotion for the FLyW division that gives you the impression that he's facing a weaker class of fighters, its just not the case, with Cejudo' record and Olympic success he would be highly touted in any other division. Yet we are still told, by the promoter of all people, that FlyW's suck and TJ is better than all of them...

Is FlyW got half the push WMMA has we wouldnt be having this discussion.

He shouldn't be blamed. I don't think it's fully his fault either. Nor should Dana White run a smear campaign on him to pressure MM into taking a bad fight deal with TJ.

If MM wants to sit in his division and defend vs contenders who worked their way up, that's fine by me. If the UFC wants the fight with TJ to happen so badly they should pay him more money like he's asking for.

If MM wants more money in the future then he should do everything in his power to sell himself.

But where's the platform for any fighter to sell themselves?? The entire success of a fighters popularity is there appeal to casuals, yet the UFC has proven itself to be a bad platform to reach that demographic, the only platform that fighters had was through sponsors and they lost that platform.

You dont think if MM had a sponsorship with Nike he'd be more popular?? Yet he's lost as well as the rest of the roster, that avenue to reach casuals.

FlyW is a deeper division today than HW, than LHW, and its right up there with BW, FW, and even WW in terms of quality fighters and opposition

{<jordan}

All respect josh because i have seen you do some quality posts, but come on bro there is no way on this planet Earth that Mighty Mouses division is anything close to some of the other divisions in competition and depth.

One thing that sets Conor apart from all other fighters promotionally is that he understands the value of EVERY SINGLE SECOND that potential consumers have their eyes on you.

1) He creates drama backstage knowing someone will snap a pic.

2) He has his face up against the camera as soon as they cut to him for his walkout.

3) He engages the fans and takes in the moment as he enters, which you can see.

4) He acknowledges the crowd before he steps into the cage.

5) He does the billionaire strut around the cage.

6) He does ridiculous spinning kicks and plays to the crowd the entire time he's waiting to be announced, which you can't even see on tv.

7) He steps to the center with his arms out as he's being announced.

8) He has a promo planned for when he wins.

And that's all just in the time between his walk to the cage and his walk back. Meanwhile the only time people will see Mighty Mouse(and everyone else) outside the cage, he's walking solemnly towards it with a women's track suit on.
this and when you actually meet him hes a nice guy... same as chael. They both know that the fans are who really pay them, and treat them well. They may both be trash talkers but they understand the market ... People give conor a lot of shit but when he says hes going to fight he does, because he knows a lot of fans pay a lot to go see him fight. was same with ronda.

{<jordan}

All respect josh because i have seen you do some quality posts, but come on bro there is no way on this planet Earth that Mighty Mouses division is anything close to some of the other divisions in competition and depth.

Thanks for the compliment.

Ill point to the Strike force buy out as an example. There was a notion that the UFC had the better talent based on name value alone correct?? DC was a Strikeforce HW grand prix champion and is now LHW and HW champion.

The entire basis for the argument about UFC fighters being of a higher caliber was off name value alone and not substance.

My position is that saying FlyW's are of lesser depth is due to a lack of name value and not of substance.

I will watch WMMA and see subpar practicioners, i do not watch FlyW and feel like im watching subpar mma practioners.

How can u say that the ufc didnt promote him? They had him the main event how many times? I dont even know if he ever once broke 150k ppv buys. The real question should be is how many millions of dollars did ufc lose in trying to promote him?? he does commercials, talk shows, given main events.. The point your missing is that a superstar is born not made. I just watched a video on mm where they showed him in his backyard swimming in literally a $49.00 above ground built it yourself pool from walmart in his backyard.

Do you think conor mcgregor would ever allow himself to be filmed swimming around in a $49.00 pool in his backyard even when he was broke? Like really? Whats intriguing about that? U are a champion in the ufc for yearssss now and ur swimming in a $49 pool?

Now, i am not saying there is anything wrong with that at all. To each their own. im just saying that there is nothing interesting at all in seeing that. Its mm himself, its no one elses fault that he isnt a star.

You can also become a star by daring to be great! People love that! People love fighters who dare to be great! Another reason cm is the biggest ufc star ever. He has ALWAYS dared to be great and took on big challenges. Please name me just one time mm dared to be great.

MM has a boring personality that no one cares about which is why he will never be a star. He cleaned out a horrible division and now is trying to clear it out for a second time.

One thing that sets Conor apart from all other fighters promotionally is that he understands the value of EVERY SINGLE SECOND that potential consumers have their eyes on you.

1) He creates drama backstage knowing someone will snap a pic.

2) He has his face up against the camera as soon as they cut to him for his walkout.

3) He engages the fans and takes in the moment as he enters, which you can see.

4) He acknowledges the crowd before he steps into the cage.

5) He does the billionaire strut around the cage.

6) He does ridiculous spinning kicks and plays to the crowd the entire time he's waiting to be announced, which you can't even see on tv.

7) He steps to the center with his arms out as he's being announced.

8) He has a promo planned for when he wins.

And that's all just in the time between his walk to the cage and his walk back. Meanwhile the only time people will see Mighty Mouse(and everyone else) outside the cage, he's walking solemnly towards it with a women's track suit on.

He also has media friendly soundbites ready for every occasion and does more interviews than anyone else. He has his own professional camera crew following him and puts out his own content which he sells to media companies, and provide content for his social media platforms. He constantly does attention getting things like wearing high end suits and striking poses that make him stand out even in group shots.

We could both go on and on. The point is that he is the hardest working man in MMA and he invests in himself. No other fighter does as much or makes themselves as promotable as possible. When you make the medias job easy they trip all over themselves to lend you their platform. Be interesting.

I think MM is great, but he just doesn't have the charisma or the effort for self-promotion. And it's not like the UFC hasn't gone out of their way to say how awesome he is. Dana has put him over repeatedly.

If your question is to insinuate that i wouldnt pay for a MM card but happily throw my money to see any of other champs fight, then your wrong.
My question was, do you buy his PPVs?

Back