MLB Season V2: Can't have Baseball if you don't have your Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at this. Brandon belt finally learned to push bunt vs the shift and I still don't think he does it enough. Probably 5/5 trying it, free single so far

I've been team bunt against the shift since Cano doubled off of Big Hoss.

I've been team bunt against the shift since Cano doubled off of Big Hoss.

I enjoy the small strategic aspect of it. Fuck banning the shift, I love what Houston does. A few analytic heavy teams (dodgers) have played their 3B in on the grass until Belt has 2 strikes, with the rest of the infield shifted to the 1st base side of second base.

The Brewers closer Josh “What’s up?” Hader is averaging 18.8 K/9!!!

My boy Andrew Heaney did work tonight. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season

Banning shifts would be an absurd idea. If there’s someone who has an obvious tendency to hit the ball in a certain place, why not try to prevent it? It’s up to the hitter to adjust. What’s next, being banned from throwing off speed because someone can’t hit anything outside of a fastball?

The Brewers closer Josh “What’s up?” Hader is averaging 18.8 K/9!!!

2 Ks in 2IP today what a scrub

He leads the team in saves but he’s not really the closer. They haven’t had a set guy since Knebel got injured (he actually just came back but they’re easing him back in). Their bullpen has been amazing they just use whoever available

The standouts in Hader and Jeffress (0.40 ERA :eek:) have pitched anywhere from the 5th-9th depending on the situation. Today for example Hader pitched the 7th and 8th, someone else would have went for the save but they scored a few more runs in the 9th

Cano popped for peds. 80 games

You can't take PEDs Cano. Don't ya know?

Cano popped for peds. 80 games
Best comment on reddit

Cano will also be ineligible for the postseason as a result of the suspension and also because he plays for the Mariners

He was already borderline for me, this for sure puts him out.

LOL @ Joey Votto

This guy on drugs, or what? Has an interview yesterday talking about the no-hitter Canadian guy, and went out of his to just trash Canada, and Canada baseball, and Toronto. Just all over the place.

Now he's on Sportsnet, practically in tears apologizing. Saying the comments were out of jealousy, and he's really being hard on himself for it. I'm waiting for him to start punching himself in the head.

He seems unstable. Like he's bi-polar or some shit. Really random behavior.

Neither were Bonds and others.

Bonds was the face of the BALCO scandal though. The anonymous 2003 test results were released 5+ years after the fact & the the actual drugs the players popped for was never made public.

Rob Manfred went out of his way to defend Ortiz and called out the lack of validity of that test.Did he use PED’s? Almost certainly, like most. But the details surrounding that test are sketchy at best.

We’ll see when his time comes, but it seems like we’re moving in the direction of letting in suspected guys.

If we're letting in suspected players than I'm all for him getting in since he was one of the best. But if the writers are still not voting for players who they "think" didn't roid then they should use that criteria on everyone.

I'm in the let them in regardless boat since it was baseball's fault for not policing it.

Larry Walker needs to be put in. Clean track record, but for some reason gets punished for playing at coors even when his stats ballpark adjusted are HOF worthy.

To me Walker should be a surefire HOFer. He was a legit 5 tool guy and one of the best outfielders of the last 30 years imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back