MKimonos/Lutador Americano

Touche! Being a pimp ain't easay.

Its in, it fits, im happy.

The thing fits great, the jacket is actualy a little larger than i anticipated but im fixing to wash it and that should fix it right up.
The pants are snugg in the crotch like Ultima said.

I dont wear a cup so i dont think it will be a problem.. Once they a broken in the should feel a little looser.
The pants are not to short and the gi top goes all the way to my wrists

This is a nice light gi! i like it alot.. i dont really like the the embroidery on the ass of the jacket but i suppose i will warm up to it... not to concerned because i dont get a chance to look back their anyways.

and there you go... 6'2 210-215 in an A2... fits fine!
a28tp.jpg

I'm glad it fits you. It looks like its a good fit for you by your picture. I'm sure the pants will flex up a bit once you start rolling in them. Thanks for the picture, thou. I'm sure it will help others in making a decision.

UltimaMMA said:
I'm glad it fits you. It looks like its a good fit for you by your picture. I'm sure the pants will flex up a bit once you start rolling in them. Thanks for the picture, thou. I'm sure it will help others in making a decision.

I hope so man... these pants are so tight in the crotch... when i go to knee on the belly or sit up and with only a hand in the collar i think it will be uncomfortable...
The pants would be perfect if the crotch just hung like 2 inches lower.... length and tightness everywhere else is good except the nut sac area.

Yo man what's up with these gi's always being a little bigger then they should. That gi looks fucking great bro. Is it the same quality as the original Machado?

Yeah, just as nice.. if not even better.. The draw string is nice and the high v's on the hips of the jacket too. I like it alot.

But like i said... the only place i think i lacks is its to tight in the crotch... but i could have fixed that with a set of a3 pants.....

But after they break in the will probably be fine... ill keep you posted.

If not i always have other sets of a/3 pants... to put in there.. the jacket fits perfect.

Did you let Luciana know that the crotch is too tight? I am wondering if the factory messed up on the pants. I let her know and she said she would tweak the pants for blue batch. I'm going to return mine and wait for the blue ones to come in and hope they fit better. Other than that, the gi's are great.

Yep i just sent her an e-mail.. sucks because everythign else about the pants is perfect.. The material and everything.

Gsoares2 said:
Yep i just sent her an e-mail.. sucks because everythign else about the pants is perfect.. The material and everything.
Yeah but you gotta realize you went down a size. Just tell her if you can switch pants.

I washed em so im screwed.. but its no big deal ill try to break them in... if they rip or inhibit me i have other pair of pants laying around.

Did they shrink when you washed em?

I went ahead and returned my gi. :( I thought it was a bit too tight overall (either that or I need to lose weight). I tried it on again and noticed the armpit area was all bunched up and constricted. It seeme the sleeves were way too form fitting for my muscular arms. I sent an email to Luciana letting her know of my issues. Hopefully, I aint the only one and they can revise it for the next batch.

I love the gi top more than anything.. To me this is the best gi top i have ever tried on. I will never suggest another gi, unless i find something better.

The pants i need an a3.. I rolled in it tonight and i wanted to walk off the matt to change into the second pair of pants i brought. I made my self roll through the night and they turned out to not be so bad once i broke them in a little, but still not the comfort level i want... i dont think they can be altered in the crotch so i will have to change my body to make this work.

I will continue to wear them and maybe drop a good 15-20 lbs and the pants should be good. My thighs are just a little to thick causing the crotch to bunch up.

To answer your question, no they did not shrink at all when i washed them.. I took them out of the drier thinking "DAMN! that looks small IM PISSED!" then i put them on and they fit to the same spots as before... lol it was just my eyes.
I checked before to make sure i could tell if anything shrunk... nothing did..

I washed on warm/cold and dried on HOT

Yea bro, I feel your pain concerning the tight pants issue. I powerlift and train heavy, so I'm not exactly a skinny fella. I feel like the Incredible Hulk about to bust out my pants.

Well i talked to Lu and she is nothing but nice. She has VERY good customer service and I have not a bad word to say about her. Here is the e-mail she sent me back.. She asked me to share.

Greg, thank you SO MUCH for the picture!!!!!!!!!! You look really GREAT in the gi!!! I can't imagine that those pants don't fit you perfectly, but I saw on the board that you sent me the link, that some people are complaining about the fit of the pants. Well, PLEASE, let them know that I said that my new gi's are like MKimonos in the past, when I sponsored Murilo Bustamante, Royler Gracie, Shaolin, Saulo Ribeiro, etc, etc, etc. However, since I see that the pants are tight for some people, I've already fixed them. So, whoever has problems with the fitting of the pants, just return them and wait for the next ones to come or exchange it to a larger size. My blue hybrid gi's that are coming now at the end of October, already have the roomier pants. Would you let them know I said that, please? I am not a member at Sherdog... All I do is try to make my customers happy. Some people are LOVING the new fit of the pants; others prefer the old fit. It's soooo hard to make everybody happy, Greg! Just because people have different bodies. Anyway, a roomier cut of pants is coming; this way it'll fit all types of bodies. Would you mind writing that on the board for me? I would REALLY APPRECIATE THAT! Thank you so much! The gi looks outstanding on you! A PERFECT fit for a jiu-jitsu gi! (judo gi's are supposed to be larger). Take care and thanks again! Keep in touch!

Aw, thats really nice of her. I received a similar email. According to her, she is thinking of making the MKimonos line a little more roomier like her last line for us thicker folks. Hopefully, she goes through with this, cuz I *really* want an MKimonos gi.

Wow.. she is a great women. I will order a gi from her when I get the cash.

Back