Mizuno Yawara or Toraki Personal Gold?

yhst-60305493288637_1994_23344313

Mizuno yawara is probably one of the 2 top GI in the world of judo, along with Kusakura Taisho

It's the GI of the Japanese team, and it's amazing and all

It's only pricey, but if you can spend that amount of money for a GI take it.

Mizuno yawara is probably one of the 2 top GI in the world of judo, along with Kusakura Taisho

It's the GI of the Japanese team, and it's amazing and all

It's only pricey, but if you can spend that amount of money for a GI take it.
I found some sites selling it for 290. Might aswell spend a little more for a gi that will last for years and that will compliment me in shiai than buying a bunch of mid-class ones and end up paying the same.

From experience, which do you find better? The Mizuno is much more popular and apperantly more confortable but is much more costly, while the Toraki is taylor made to your body and is stiff like armor.

Anything would be appreciated.

Toraki. If you wanna look cool like you're on the Japanese team go for the mizuno, but the Toraki is a bastard to grip and thats what you want, especially in comps. If you starch the lapels and collars after you get it and cold wash it two nights before a comp, it will become borderline illegal it'll be so hard to get a hold of. Go for that one.

Why?

...and as I said, I tried the Toraki once and it was really heavy and uncomfortable. Maybe if I just got used to it I suppose.

Maybe the Japanese effect has rubbed off on me but I just find them really pretentious. If you ever plan on training in Japan, you will get murdered by them if you wear one of them onto the mat, under instruction from the coach who will make every high end player there beat the crap out of you for disrespect. It deemed very arrogant and disrespectful.

Heavy and cumbersome is good, improves your heat resistance and cardio, and as I said, much harder to grab and control.

Maybe the Japanese effect has rubbed off on me but I just find them really pretentious. If you ever plan on training in Japan, you will get murdered by them if you wear one of them onto the mat, under instruction from the coach who will make every high end player there beat the crap out of you for disrespect. It deemed very arrogant and disrespectful.

Heavy and cumbersome is good, improves your heat resistance and cardio, and as I said, much harder to grab and control.
The Japanese find wearing a blue gi disrespectful? It's fully allowed in shiai.

...and albeit it's true it improves cardio and heat resistance, in the end I'd feel better without it.

BTW Happy Boy, where did you train in Japan?

How much does it cost to live/train at the Kodokan for a period of time?

The Japanese find wearing a blue gi disrespectful? It's fully allowed in shiai.

They begrudgingly do that, they NEVER wear them to training, its really frowned upon. Westerners that come here and rock out onto the mat in a blue gi get pounded, badly. Its harsh cos at times we dont know any better, but the only person in Japan who can wear one to training without that happening is the head coach, Saito-san, and even then he never would. The white has real traditional meaning in terms of the origins of the judogi, wearing a blue one not something they like doing. If you notice, all tournaments within Japan are still in all-white, they never changed it.

BTW Happy Boy, where did you train in Japan?

How much does it cost to live/train at the Kodokan for a period of time?

I live in Hiroshima-ken, really good judo area, so I train at a local university. Got my black belt through their system here, which means my throwing is about 5 times as good as when I was at home by my ne-waza blows now.

Kodokan do special training seminars, Ive never done one on advise of my dojo here, they have a website all about it. You could probably wear a blue one to that as it has such an international appeal, but if you train locally its a no no. Tsukuba University is probably Japan's best judo place, loads of olympic and world champs train there and they do dorm stays for training, tough to get in though.

My first coach won't touch anything but. When I tried it it seemed heavy but it's almost impossible to grip.

Gotta get used to it I guess...

Where did you find it cheaper than a Kano?

Toraki: 200
Kano: 140

Sure :

I'm assuming ur prices are in USD ?

Damn I'll do a little arbitrage :
Buy Kanos @ USD 140
Sell them @ € 140

Hmm....seems the Kanos are pretty expensive here in Europe...

Happy Boy, do you speak Japanese? How good do you have to be to train at some of the top places? What are japanese sessions like as well, is it mostly Randori or do you do alot of technique?

Txs for all the info, but problem solved (at least short term) :

I got myself a brand new, state of the art, pimp, top notch Power Point.

I'm sure ya all don't know it, huh, huh ?

It's because it costs € 35 and is total garbage. At least I have 2 gis now, until I make the best informed decision on what I'll sped € 100-200.

Hey, Thalion, is it true that Moskitos don't shrink ???

Just got an e-mail back from Mizuno. They said they would be more than happy to take all my measurements and provide me with the perfect size like the Toraki, and will also allow me to return it if the fit isn't to my liking.

Noice.

Txs for all the info, but problem solved (at least short term) :

I got myself a brand new, state of the art, pimp, top notch Power Point.

I'm sure ya all don't know it, huh, huh ?

It's because it costs

Just got an e-mail back from Mizuno. They said they would be more than happy to take all my measurements and provide me with the perfect size like the Toraki, and will also allow me to return it if the fit isn't to my liking.

Noice.

Let us know how much it will cost at the end.

Let us know how much it will cost at the end.

They said no charge for the sizing. Like you said earlier they basically just choose the correct sized from my measurements. I've seen the gi varie from 290-330.

Back