Mizuno Yawara or Toraki Personal Gold?

P

PSJJJJ

From experience, which do you find better? The Mizuno is much more popular and apperantly more confortable but is much more costly, while the Toraki is taylor made to your body and is stiff like armor.

Anything would be appreciated.

For the price, the Toraki personal GOLD.

Mizuno Deluxe is baggier and softer, japanese cut.
You can buy a poor man version of deluxe in the KANO GI and save a lot of money for a GI almost identical.

Toraki is comfortable as well, but stiffer with iron like collar and is almost taylor made . Great gi for the competition but i like also for training.

For the price, the Toraki personal GOLD.

Mizuno Deluxe is baggier and softer, japanese cut.
You can buy a poor man version of deluxe in the KANO GI and save a lot of money for a GI almost identical.

Toraki is comfortable as well, but stiffer with iron like collar and is almost taylor made . Great gi for the competition but i like also for training.

price aside, which would you say is better between the two? Would you suggest one above both? Can you link me to the kano gi?

It's a personal choice.
It's like "it's better a Ferrari or a Mercedes"? different car with different concept.

Same with the GI.

Now that i compete I like a lot the toraki GOLD, maybe when I'll be a seasoned judoka I'll like to wear a soft japanese made GI.

If you look for a Gi that fit you well, is hard for competition but still comfortable buy a Toraki personal GOLD

If you look for a traditional japanese GI (baggier and very soft with an incredible quality cotton) buy a Supreme or a Yawara.

Similar to the mizuno there are Kusakura (JOAS) and Mitsuboshi (Fujitakamis 520 i think), still made in japan and with similar caracteristic.

Mizuno Kano gi is the poor man version of the supreme, same cut and with soft cotton, but cheaper and made in china and not in japan.

you can find it at kodokangear.com or hatashitasports.com

The kano gi goes for 139 while torakis best goes for 200... easy choice i suppose.

if you want a soft traditional cut GI get the kano for sure.

if you want a tight and best fitting GI get the toraki.

In USA the Kano is quite cheap so it's a good buy.

there is just something about the mizzuno gi (top end ones) that just make me salivate...

...or is it the yawara that is their top of the line outfit?

Mizuno - if your serious..

Gi will last you till the end of time.

Huh........I found the Toraki personal gold for a cheaper price than the Mizuno Kano.

And I am also shopping for a Gi...Hmm......Was inclining towards the Kano, but to have a tailored Gi for a better price has to be taken into consideration....

Huh........I found the Toraki personal gold for a cheaper price than the Mizuno Kano.

And I am also shopping for a Gi...Hmm......Was inclining towards the Kano, but to have a tailored Gi for a better price has to be taken into consideration....

My first coach won't touch anything but. When I tried it it seemed heavy but it's almost impossible to grip.

Gotta get used to it I guess...

Where did you find it cheaper than a Kano?

Toraki: 200
Kano: 140

tailored gi is going to cost to much - just try on your friends gi's and see which one is going to fit the best..

CANT tailor one after the fact either. I made the mistake of trying to do this with a Mizuno kimono, and the place destroyed it.
Im still a bit pissed about that one.

tailored gi is going to cost to much - just try on your friends gi's and see which one is going to fit the best..

CANT tailor one after the fact either. I made the mistake of trying to do this with a Mizuno kimono, and the place destroyed it.
Im still a bit pissed about that one.

The Toraki Personal Gold has a sheet you have to fill out prior to them making it so it is taylor made. Goes for 200-220. Heavy DW with an amazing collar.

The Toraki Gold is what I have and I like it. Never had anything else real good to compare tho.

Ever heard of another judogi company personaly tayloring gis?

I thought that Mizuno and Addidas did but I'm not sure really. I havent really looked into them much for a while now, but a few years ago it was Toraki, Mizuno and Addidas iirc. Others here should know...or you can check at http://judoforum.com

Can I ask for it to be taylor made like the Toraki. I have some weird dimensions. Short legs, think upper body...

Japanese brand (Mizuno , Kusakura) do taylored GI , but cost a lot ( for a kusakura taisho costumed is about 1000$ i think) .

They have extra size for their high end GI (yawara for mizuno and Taisho or Joas for Kusakura) , but it's still not tailored.

Toraki also do a totaly tailored GI for 300$ ( top level guy like Rhadi Ferguson buy that one)

The personal GOLD is not tailored, but ALMOST , since you give them your measurement and they choose the best fitting GI out a lot of different Sizes (way more than a normal GI).

They combine pants with different Jacket, mine is a 3L jacket with 3,5 M pants. A friend of mine has 1,5x jacket with 2,5x pants.

By the way, short leg and thick upper body is like a Japanese cut, so the Kano could fit well you.

I have weird measure for a Judoka (tall and thin) so i had to buy a taylored GI.

Japanese brand (Mizuno , Kusakura) do taylored GI , but cost a lot ( for a kusakura taisho costumed is about 1000$ i think) .

They have extra size for their high end GI (yawara for mizuno and Taisho or Joas for Kusakura) , but it's still not tailored.

Toraki also do a totaly tailored GI for 300$ ( top level guy like Rhadi Ferguson buy that one)

The personal GOLD is not tailored, but ALMOST , since you give them your measurement and they choose the best fitting GI out a lot of different Sizes (way more than a normal GI).

They combine pants with different Jacket, mine is a 3L jacket with 3,5 M pants. A friend of mine has 1,5x jacket with 2,5x pants.

By the way, short leg and thick upper body is like a Japanese cut, so the Kano could fit well you.

I have weird measure for a Judoka (tall and thin) so i had to buy a taylored GI.
THANK YOU

I was under the impression that the Toraki WAS taylored.

In that case, so long as the yawara will allow me size 3 pants and size 4 tops I know my choice.

Back