Miyao Brothers - Pursuit of a dream (Highlight)

Then they need to eat more meat, lift some weights, and quit ruining lightweight BJJ with this gay shit.

We can't all be viking overlords bro.

images

You realize no one at their weight fights like Rodolfo, right? You're dealing with a very different size/power ratio at lower weights which change the technique set that works significantly. The berimbolo became popular because it was almost impossible for small guys to pass the guards of other small guys so they started going directly to the back. The Miyaos are far from the only really small guys to rely almost completely on the guard and back attacks, it's not like Caio Terra or Bruno Malfacine are monster guard passers either. Gui Mendes is about the only guy that small who plays on top with success, and he's hardly allergic to berimbolos and double guard pulls.

That's true to a large extent but try to think of a single time they have ever tried to take anyone down or even pass the guard unless there is a huge skull disparity.

They force a situation in which it is berimbolo or nothing. Look at the adcc. Did they do anything else but try and berimbolo. Bruno malfacini is an example of someone that does pass the guard. There are many that pass and go straight to the back which is totally fine strategy.

Yes, after sweeping from the berimbolo. I believe you understood what I'm saying. I would be retarded to think that they do ONLY berimbolo. I'm not saying that they literally JUST do berimbolo, I'm saying that they do it 90% of the time. Its OBVIOUS that they pass guard in competition.

No, I mean they come to the top(or let the opponent pull guard) and pass.

They've done this in tons of other matches that I'm too lazy to find and post, they also sweep from reverse de la riva and x-guard and have good omoplata's. At this point if you(and I don't mean you in particular, I mean people in general) think all they do is berimbolo than you're just not paying attention.

That's true to a large extent but try to think of a single time they have ever tried to take anyone down or even pass the guard unless there is a huge skull disparity.

They force a situation in which it is berimbolo or nothing. Look at the adcc. Did they do anything else but try and berimbolo. Bruno malfacini is an example of someone that does pass the guard. There are many that pass and go straight to the back which is totally fine strategy.

They pull guard. Their opponents have every opportunity in the world to try to pass.

Dokomoy posted a video of Paulo passing someone's guard. When those two fought and Paulo played guard, the match lasted 8 minutes. That guy also had a decent match with Cobrinha a couple years ago at Pan Ams, and won silver at European Open in 2012.

If you don't like their style that's cool, but maybe try it without the childish bigotry.

I'm not insulting butt-pirates when I call something "gay". Just like gay used to mean "happy" then turned into "ass-spelunker", now it just means something is lame. I find your linguistic prescriptivism offensive, language changes so get over it already. Seriously, no offence intended to rump-raiders. Live and let live, homie.

Last edited:
They pull guard. Their opponents have every opportunity in the world to try to pass.

Dokomoy posted a video of Paulo passing someone's guard. When those two fought and Paulo played guard, the match lasted 8 minutes. That guy also had a decent match with Cobrinha a couple years ago at Pan Ams, and won silver at European Open in 2012.

For the most part, people do try to pass their guard but they are very good at forcing people to go into the berimbolo dlr position or 50/50

I'm not insulting butt-pirates when I call something "gay". Just like gay used to mean "happy" then turned into "ass-spelunker", now it just means something is lame. I find your linguistic prescriptivism offensive, language changes so get over it already. Seriously, no offence intended to rump-raiders. Live and let live, homo.

ftfy

I dont think it is wrong to call boloing gay... but I bet you could get into some freaky butt stuff by utilizing the bolo... and now I am thinking of Bolo Yeung in homoerotic situations. Mostly the scene in bloodsport where he is stomping on ray jacksons head after their fight (spoiler). You know that shot they show of Bolo painfully growling and grimacing as he finishes the shot, its an up shot showing him from the pecs up (I wonder if it is in his contract that his pecs have to be in every shot?). Long story short that is totally what his O-face would look like

ftfy

I dont think it is wrong to call boloing gay... but I bet you could get into some freaky butt stuff by utilizing the bolo... and now I am thinking of Bolo Yeung in homoerotic situations. Mostly the scene in bloodsport where he is stomping on ray jacksons head after their fight (spoiler). You know that shot they show of Bolo painfully growling and grimacing as he finishes the shot, its an up shot showing him from the pecs up (I wonder if it is in his contract that his pecs have to be in every shot?). Long story short that is totally what his O-face would look like

Be careful, you're going to make Dokomoy and Paulos Tooth cream their pants.

You realize no one at their weight fights like Rodolfo, right? You're dealing with a very different size/power ratio at lower weights which change the technique set that works significantly. The berimbolo became popular because it was almost impossible for small guys to pass the guards of other small guys so they started going directly to the back. The Miyaos are far from the only really small guys to rely almost completely on the guard and back attacks, it's not like Caio Terra or Bruno Malfacine are monster guard passers either. Gui Mendes is about the only guy that small who plays on top with success, and he's hardly allergic to berimbolos and double guard pulls.

Finally. Common sense.

Wow, Einarr you must win over all the ladies with your mature, totally-not-gay, smooth humor!

Back