Miyao Brothers - Pursuit of a dream (Highlight)

Naja

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Whats up everyone. Just made this HL on the Myiao bros. Hope you guys enjoy it! Any critiscisms is welcome :)

nice video.

i always root for the miyao brothers.

There's a nice armbar from the guard at the end (so there you go, haterz)

The rest is just pure berimbolo domination...

Yeah they basically just do the berimbolo.. But it has proven to be extremely efficient.

Yeah they basically just do the berimbolo.. But it has proven to be extremely efficient.

They've switched it up at black belt man. I've seen Joao play the top in gi and nogi, they're pretty damn good at passing and finishing from the top. The 'bolo stuff is for sure their a-game, but they honestly are good at just about everything.

They've switched it up at black belt man. I've seen Joao play the top in gi and nogi, they're pretty damn good at passing and finishing from the top. The 'bolo stuff is for sure their a-game, but they honestly are good at just about everything.

It never ceases to amuse me when fans see the games top competitors use against each other and think that's all they can do. It's a specific answer to a specific problem in most cases, not a limit of the guy's game. I sometimes pull guard in tournaments, but I also teach takedown classes. If you watched my matches you might think I have bad TDs, when in fact I'm often just pulling for strategic reasons. You can't really judge the entirety of a person's game just by their competition game.

Those boys epitomise what's wrong with Bjj today. Buchecha and rodolfo show that it is possible to combine old school and new school and show what a balanced fighter looks like.

Those boys epitomise what's wrong with Bjj today. Buchecha and rodolfo show that it is possible to combine old school and new school and show what a balanced fighter looks like.

You realize no one at their weight fights like Rodolfo, right? You're dealing with a very different size/power ratio at lower weights which change the technique set that works significantly. The berimbolo became popular because it was almost impossible for small guys to pass the guards of other small guys so they started going directly to the back. The Miyaos are far from the only really small guys to rely almost completely on the guard and back attacks, it's not like Caio Terra or Bruno Malfacine are monster guard passers either. Gui Mendes is about the only guy that small who plays on top with success, and he's hardly allergic to berimbolos and double guard pulls.

You realize no one at their weight fights like Rodolfo, right? You're dealing with a very different size/power ratio at lower weights which change the technique set that works significantly. The berimbolo became popular because it was almost impossible for small guys to pass the guards of other small guys so they started going directly to the back. The Miyaos are far from the only really small guys to rely almost completely on the guard and back attacks, it's not like Caio Terra or Bruno Malfacine are monster guard passers either. Gui Mendes is about the only guy that small who plays on top with success, and he's hardly allergic to berimbolos and double guard pulls.

Quality post. At feather and below Cobrinha and Gui Mendesare my favorites to watch when they get that pressure style passing going. I know Rafa and Paulo have had a match, but I really would like to see Cobrinha vs Paulo or Joao sooner than later.

maybe because Buchecha and Rodolfo are large men?

Berimbolo is not exactly a large man's prefer technique

Do people really think that the miyao's have no ability to utilize other techniues and styles. I am sure they could school 90% of us without even throwing a bolo

I'm saying that in the tournaments they basically just do berimbolo, I'm not saying that they are limited to JUST do the berimbolo. You won't see Roger doing any DLR guard in competition. Why? Because it's not his A game. With the Miyaos it's the same thing.

I'm saying that in the tournaments they basically just do berimbolo, I'm not saying that they are limited to JUST do the berimbolo. You won't see Roger doing any DLR guard in competition. Why? Because it's not his A game. With the Miyaos it's the same thing.

Except the Miyao's have passed guard in competition(and it's not something new, they don't do it often but they've been doing it since at least purple belt).

Hard work, dedication and high-level technique are what's wrong with bjj today? Wow, that's insane; I don't agree.

Then they need to eat more meat, lift some weights, and quit ruining lightweight BJJ with this gay shit.

come up with a better solution to win the metagame? Or just keep calling proven techniques gay? one of these will help identify a useful solution

Except the Miyao's have passed guard in competition(and it's not something new, they don't do it often but they've been doing it since at least purple belt).
Yes, after sweeping from the berimbolo. I believe you understood what I'm saying. I would be retarded to think that they do ONLY berimbolo. I'm not saying that they literally JUST do berimbolo, I'm saying that they do it 90% of the time. Its OBVIOUS that they pass guard in competition.

Back