Mixing some aspects of ninjutsu into boxing (footwork, way of strikes, etc)

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by ironkhan57, Apr 27, 2019.

1. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Ok so i just wanted to let everybody know that i have chosen to take up ninjutsu (that is totally free at the mosque that my dad goes to), so every sat and since my days off from my main job when i'm not doing uber eats is mon, thurs, sat, sun (obviously the uber eats helps me pay for shit more).

So heres the thing, i'm doing it because i think it would help with my footowork which i'm already working on, and will help with my punching power too. I went to the mosque today for the first time in a while, and i seen the mats after people were sparring, them shits looked like someone got murdered, lol not really but it looks like blood sat on the ground from left hooks, and right hands (right cross). Now i am going to mix in some of the ninjutsu footwork and ways of striking in with my boxing, they are also going to do some conditoning too so yeah.

And i got the idea of doing this from my friend in ny who i have said before comes from a karate background, and has hands like bricks in kickboxing, he could fuck anybody up on the streets. Also i'm doing this so i can be a little more well rounded too, because i know ninjutsu has a little bit of grappling.

2. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Forgot to mention i'm still going to be training boxing and working out. Just training the ninjutsu every sat.

3. thehighking

thehighking Black Belt

The mosque? I'm confused, is that a nickname for your gym or something?
    Sounds interesting but boxing is a specific sport, the footwork that works has already been established and you would probably be better getting lessons from a trainer who knows boxing footwork. But who knows, maybe you will learn something you can work into your boxing

4. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

You don't know what a mosque is? It's the muslim version of the church.

I mean boxing footwork is good i feel my footwork would get better with the ninjutsu.

shincheckin likes this.
  5. thehighking

thehighking Black Belt

Your mosque does martial arts lessons? Wow did not expect that to be a thing

6. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Well, it is surprising, but don't churches also do that? They been doing this shit for years some of them do shotokan karate too. And judo. I'm not a religious person but if at least i'm getting something out of going to the mosque every sat.

Minowafanatic and thehighking like this.
  7. Sensei Student

Sensei Student Green Belt

It's called MMA for a reason. Keep mixing it up. The more you know the better.

8. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Ik what mma is lol. I'm not looking to go into it yet though. I kind of don't want to train bjj no more. I might though in the further future

9. JohnPJones

JohnPJones Green Belt

um all ninjistu is a scam. imho.

10. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

^Yeah, unfortunately theres very little evidence that Ninja, as you envision them in your mind...ever existed.

11. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Well i'm not doing it to become a ninja in fact if i was trying to become a ninja, i would take parkour classing and gymnastics, and train myself to use swords, bo staffs, and shurikens.

I'm also doing it to better my kicks too because i haven"t had instruction on kicking since july of 2017 right before i was on my lay off. I'm training it for the footwork, and the new ways to attack because that MIGHT help with my boxing and if it doesn't at least i can have some practice with kicking and throws.

12. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

It's just that if Ninja didnt exist, what exactly is a Ninjutsu teacher teaching?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  13. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Honestly i'm going to find out. Ninjutsu is like taekwondo, karate, and aikido combined. I saw the matts last sat and they were bloody from sparring. So that could mean that they dont play but i could be wrong.

14. JohnPJones

JohnPJones Green Belt

That’s assuming a scam artist actually knows how to kick lol

15. JohnPJones

JohnPJones Green Belt

Lol or could be old second hand mats that were stained by someone else lol.

The occasional bloody lip or nose etc, is almost inevitable in hard training, but if the mats have enough blood on them that it’s noticeable from a distance (ie you weren’t specifically looking to inspect the mats) it might be an indication the instructor(s) doesn’t know how to run a safe class.

16. Blue_Lou

Blue_Lou Orange Belt

I thought ninjutsu was supposed to incorporate weapons

This sounds like McDojo shit tbh

17. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

I mean it's a mosque and aparently they're not looking to profit off it since its free so idk what they're trying to sell with those mats. And it's in the hood which could mean they're just trying to keep people off the streets.

shincheckin likes this.
  18. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Idk i'll find out if it's some mcdojo shit.

19. RightToBareKnuckles

RightToBareKnuckles Green Belt

that just shows how elusive the ninja really were! the greatest trick the devil ever pulled is convincing people he didn't exist. ok, i'm just being a smartass/joking. i don't really know anything about ninjutus, but there is a dojo in my area, and i seem to see their bumper stickers on minivans a lot, so maybe that location is popular for kids/families

20. tekkenfan

tekkenfan Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

so much lol in your post XD