Mixed training question

jrock89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So at my school they don't have a wrestling team but they do have a wrestling club. The coach is supposed to be some D1 guy and is trying to get a wrestling program started here. Anyways they meet Mon Wed Fri Sat at 6:00p.m. However they meet at the same time when my BJJ classes start. I know wrestling will help my BJJ game up tremendously (take downs, balance, control etc ) but I don't know if I should cut my BJJ mat time for the sake of wrestling. What are your thoughts? What do you think I should do?

If you're going to compete, maybe do one wrestling class a week. TD/TD defense is massively important, and I wish I had some of either :icon_chee

If you plan on fighting mma, then yes definitely do some wrestling.

For me I plan on only doing bjj from here on out (and I'm still on the steep end of the learning curve), So I don't want to give up any of my bjj time. I Just make sure to practice takedowns and takedown defense with my bjj instructor or my classmates.

you aren't in high school forever

do the wrestling while you can not just once a week. you can always do BJJ later, that isn't the case with wrestling

you aren't in high school forever

do the wrestling while you can not just once a week. you can always do BJJ later, that isn't the case with wrestling

Thats a good point but if its just a club, I wonder if they get to compete. If there aren't competitions, I don't think I would do it. I know you cans till learn, but without comps, could you count on your club mates to be consistent.

^^They are highschool boys, there is bound to be some internal strife for alpha dog status:p

Haha Im in college bro! Unfortunately we don't have a wrestling team :(

Whoah weird. Are you Yeahbee that made this ?]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-TG3FJY0D0
I was watching that right now while I was posting this thread.
Crazyy

Those vids are awesome Yeahbee. You should put a link in your sig or something.

Back