Mixed martial arts step closer to becoming Olympic sport after IMMAF sign WADA Code

This is huge!!!

I thought the legal actions they took would last years. Very surprised to see everything resolved so quickly.

Joining the Olympics would massive for amateur MMA. Billions of people who otherwise wouldn’t be exposed to MMA would watch it every 4 years. This also mean that governments around the world would begin directly funding the development of MMA Athletes. Overtime this would lead to not only massive jump in participation but massive leaps in the overall skill level of the sport.

Last edited:
This is huge!!!

I thought the legal actions they took would last years. Very surprised to see everything resolved so quickly.

Joining the Olympics would massive for amateur MMA. Billions of people who otherwise wouldn’t be exposed to MMA would watch it every 4 years. This also mean that governments around the world would begin directly funding the development of MMA Athletes. Overtime this would lead to not only massive jump in participation but massive leaps in the overall skill level of the sport.

Also moving from other Olympic sports to MMA will be easier. Fail to make it to the Olympic team for one sport like boxing so if you have some skill in MMA try for the MMA team .. and maybe medal in this sport.

Yay, now it can join such prestige sports as Rhythmic Gymnastics, Solo Synchronized Swimming and Race Walking.

If it does actually become part of the Olympic dog and (my little) pony show, it better be in a ring and use Pride rules. We dont need cages and bloody elbows making it looking like bar fight.

Yay, now it can join such prestige sports as Rhythmic Gymnastics, Solo Synchronized Swimming and Race Walking.

If it does actually become part of the Olympic dog and (my little) pony show, it better be in a ring and use Pride rules. We dont need cages and bloody elbows making it looking like bar fight.

It’s in a cage. It will be amateur MMA. With shin pads and extra cushion on the gloves. Like the pic below

0A3F3F24-5BBB-4AEA-A1C3-31FEB7DBF64E.jpeg

Wanna know how I know you've never dedicated your LIFE to any sport besides watching it on T.V.?

<LikeReally5>

Wanna know how I know you've never dedicated your LIFE to any sport besides watching it on T.V.?

<LikeReally5>
LOL ok buddy. I thought we were well past the keyboard warrior phase here.... guess I was wrong. But hey your life, live it up!

There's still a ways to go and it will be quite a different presentation of the sport than people are used to. Regardless, it's nice to see.

My only concern is that in an effort to get accepted into the olympics and become mainstream, this version of MMA will be a pussyfied version of MMA. Kind of like what happened to judo. There is the olympic judo and the OG judo.

My only concern is that in an effort to get accepted into the olympics and become mainstream, this version of MMA will be a pussyfied version of MMA. Kind of like what happened to judo. There is the olympic judo and the OG judo.

It is. You instincts are right.

This is amateur MMA with shin pads and extra glove padding and some other modifications.

I mean, isn't that the norm for combat sports in the Olympics? Makes sense since the people participating are still, you know, amateurs.

Back