Opinion Mitch McConnell does not make any effort to hide his true agenda

The democrats shouldn’t work with the republicans anyway. Over the last decade the republicans have humiliated the democrats by acting like they’re willing to work with them.

In fact democrats water their own bills down to reach across the aisle and add in GOP provisions for the republicans to vote against the bills anyway. And they still get their provisions added.

we don’t want to work with republicans anymore.

It is a simple fact that a party that believes in the good government can do for people, when they are in power, will have a primarily "let's do things" agenda.

While the party that believes government is the devil, when in power, will have a primarily "let's not do things" agenda.

So why haven't they done anything?

I don't see healthcare reform.
I don't see measures to reduce income inquality.
I don't see an infrastructure bill.
I don't see student loan reform.

Why? Because you voted for a guy who ran on "nothing will fundamentally change".

Great job.

Wait

You're actually admitting Republicans are useless??

<TheWire1>

Were you under the impression that either party is interested in helping the average American?

Make no mistake, I only vote Republican because they are a slightly less nauseating party than the Democrats.

Mitch in the past made statements such as when Obama took office: "He would fight any effort to put forth bills in front of senate".

It was unclear how he was approaching a situation now he's saying he will not work at all with the Biden administration.

There is no question he is not doing his duty to act on the best interests of his voters. I believe he is buying time figuring the Democrats will blunder their chance to sell their bill will benefit voters.

Instead he believes Trump Republicans will help get more Republicans elected. But making these statements an opportunity to help get jobs to areas suffering during the pandemic.

Biden after these statements he can move forward with the 1.8 trillion dollar plan. Democrats can run an state in these areas that Republicans did not help you get these new jobs.

Make no mistake 320 billion a year to help the poor with child care, jobs in wind mill manufacturing, battery manufacturing, rebuilding the electrical grid, massive update on charging infrastructure an numbers of other opportunities.

I worry that Democrats will fumble this opportunity by failing to push back at the efforts to scare people over spending. A lot of the 320 billion will actually go to people not to Wall Street.

Democrats needs to remind people these new jobs were achieved by the stimulus but it's looking like they will fumble this opportunity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.y...ell-says-zero-republicans-back-183602299.html

Yeah I agree. How can you work with a party so dishonest? I mean, if you admit Biden won the election you get shit canned. There is fundamental dishonesty at the core with the republicans.

Were you under the impression that either party is interested in helping the average American?

Make no mistake, I only vote Republican because they are a slightly less nauseating party than the Democrats.
Look at the bills proposed by Dems vs Repubs. At least Dems focus more on shit that helps lower Americans

Look at the bills proposed by Dems vs Repubs. At least Dems focus more on shit that helps lower Americans

<Dany07>

The last time Democrats "helped" people, delivered us the shitty health care system you motherfuckers complain about every day.

So why haven't they done anything?

I don't see healthcare reform.
I don't see measures to reduce income inquality.
I don't see an infrastructure bill.
I don't see student loan reform.

Why? Because you voted for a guy who ran on "nothing will fundamentally change".

Great job.
It's been 4 months. You can ask why none of those things happened in the las 4 years.

<Dany07>

The last time Democrats "helped" people, delivered us the shitty health care system you motherfuckers complain about every day.
How many people did that "shitty" healthcare system bring coverage to and how many are now without coverage since it was gutted?

How many people did that "shitty" healthcare system bring coverage to

Not enough, and it was paid for by the people with the least money to do it (folks like me who were forced to buy expensive, shitty insurance).

it's true of the entire party really. you have the dems who are trying to improve the country. then you have the republicans who only care about sabotaging the dems

Now were they also trying to improve the country when they took over part of Seattle, killed a few people, and caused millions in damages?

Now were they also trying to improve the country when they took over part of Seattle, killed a few people, and caused millions in damages?
excusing the absurdity of your post, i was talking about politicians, not citizens who were protesting

Biden is the great unifier. He should be able to work something out.
Lol it's joe . Hell literally just lie about it and carry on. Either cause he A) doesn't remember the truth or b) gives 0 fucks

Honestly, I think Mitch may have lost his "juju". His decision making has begun to include missteps, which was extremely rare in years past.

And if he thinks that people are just going to flock to the polls for Republicans in the midterms, after they essentially abandoned the people they forced to close their doors, and absolute uselessness in tackling corruption, he's got another thing coming.
On the contrary, the fact they're still pandering to "just the flu" bros, still, even after Trump was neutered, is why the Republican party is dying.

On the contrary, the fact they're still pandering to "just the flu" bros, still, even after Trump was neutered, is why the Republican party is dying.
Perhaps you misread my post?

People who run businesses, are not the "just the flu bros". They were essentially abandoned after having their doors closed. That's the first group who will not show up to vote Republican.

Pandering or not, I don't see flu bros flocking to the polls to support establishment Republicans either.

Perhaps you misread my post?

People who run businesses, are not the "just the flu bros". They were essentially abandoned after having their doors closed. That's the first group who will not show up to vote Republican.

Pandering or not, I don't see flu bros flocking to the polls to support establishment Republicans either.
I did. I misread your post as sympathetic (by implication) to the viewpoint that the lockdowns weren't necessary at all-- because they did result in many businesses closing down. There's no denying that destructive side effect.

As if Democrats didn't just run an entire election with a guy hiding in the basement based upon "he's not Trump".

So what does that say about trump and the people who worship him?

That he had the misfortune of being president during a global pandemic.
It wasn't the global pandemic. It was that he favored protecting the economy more than the health of his citizens.

Back