Opinion Mitch McConnell does not make any effort to hide his true agenda

I’d really like to see clean bills. Like 3B for bridges in the Midwest. Yay or nay
4B for roads in the mid Atlantic
1B for small vibrator manufacturers that were impacted by Covid
2B for solar panels on roofs in the sunbelt
I really dislike how everything is bundled and they hide so much pork in it
And yeah Mitch is losing a step now.guy is making a lot of mistakes as of late
Vibrator manufacturing thrown in the middle got my like,

This is because the GOP of the last decade has been lying to you. The agenda they sell to the public has no relationship to the things that they actually want to do. And so long as they have their constituents ranting and raving about the ills of the Democrats, those constituents won't stop and take a closer look at what the GOP is actually doing or, more appropriately, not doing.

It's true. This slogan literally encapsulates the entire modern GOP.

Republicans: We stop democrats.

Imagine signing on to that "vision" for America. But tens of millions of voters will.

"Just say No" isn't any way to approach governing a nation. Obstruction to anything to help the American people is just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It just doesn't make any sense.

This is because the GOP of the last decade has been lying to you. The agenda they sell to the public has no relationship to the things that they actually want to do. And so long as they have their constituents ranting and raving about the ills of the Democrats, those constituents won't stop and take a closer look at what the GOP is actually doing or, more appropriately, not doing.

The ACA should be front and center in this conversation. They spent years convincing the constituents that the ACA was bad law forced on the nation by the Dems and that they would provide us with a superior alternative. Not only did they never provide us with a superior alternative, they never supplied us with an alternative at all. Instead they're hoping that the Supreme Court will step in and invalidate the law for them. Which would be the very type of action that they've been saying they don't want the courts to do - make/unmake laws.

It's been a shell game for over a decade at this point and the only redeeming feature is that if you support a lower tax burden on the well-to-do, it has been rewarded. But the majority of the constituency will not share in that benefit because the majority of the constituency isn't wealthy enough.
Democrats are in a bad position as well with inflation and people that deliver goods saying it’s going to get a lot worse in six to eight months. If people can’t afford basic necessities the riots we seen the past year are going to look like child’s play and both parties will have huge targets on their backs.

Democrats are in a bad position as well with inflation and people that deliver goods saying it’s going to get a lot worse in six to eight months. If people can’t afford basic necessities the riots we seen the past year are going to look like child’s play and both parties will have huge targets on their backs.
See what bunker boy started.

I don't worry about the Democrats. I think the path to defeating bad policy is to present good policy. And not all Dem policy is bad policy, so if we reject good policy because the Dems present it and we never present good policy ourselves then what are we adding to the betterment of the nation?

The general problem with the GOP is that we've stopped presenting policy, good or bad. Instead all we do, as a party, is whine about the Dems. "Can you believe the Dems did this?" "Can you believe the Dems do that?" But we're not actually doing anything proactive ourselves.

We will lose in the long run because the Democrats are framing the conversation. They present policy and then we argue over the pros and cons of their policy. We're never discussing our policy and that's a problem. We need to switch lanes but the rank and file can't seem to get past "Can you believe the Dems....?"

I don't worry about the Democrats. I think the path to defeating bad policy is to present good policy. And not all Dem policy is bad policy, so if we reject good policy because the Dems present it and we never present good policy ourselves then what are we adding to the betterment of the nation?

The general problem with the GOP is that we've stopped presenting policy, good or bad. Instead all we do, as a party, is whine about the Dems. "Can you believe the Dems did this?" "Can you believe the Dems do that?" But we're not actually doing anything proactive ourselves.

We will lose in the long run because the Democrats are framing the conversation. They present policy and then we argue over the pros and cons of their policy. We're never discussing our policy and that's a problem. We need to switch lanes but the rank and file can't seem to get past "Can you believe the Dems....?"
I think Ron DeSantis has good policies the Republicans should take up such as no vaccine passports or mask mandates and going after big tech companies that censor people. Republicans need to use those policies and nationalist policies that Trump partly pushed.

I think Ron DeSantis has good policies the Republicans should take up such as no vaccine passports or mask mandates and going after big tech companies that censor people. Republicans need to use those policies and nationalist policies that Trump partly pushed.
No offense but that's not particularly useful. Covid policies are temporary and what's happening on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram are so irrelevant to the nation at large.

I mean policy that addresses real structural issues. Stagnating wages? Housing? Education? Infrastructure? The things that affect our standard of living and our global positioning.

I guess masks and tweets are important to some people but, speaking for myself, that's kid stuff. That's the "Don't look behind the curtain" stuff. While people are arguing over whether or not someone should be insta-tweet-booking, generation affecting issues go undiscussed.

Mitch in the past made statements such as when Obama took office: "He would fight any effort to put forth bills in front of senate".

It was unclear how he was approaching a situation now he's saying he will not work at all with the Biden administration.

There is no question he is not doing his duty to act on the best interests of his voters. I believe he is buying time figuring the Democrats will blunder their chance to sell their bill will benefit voters.

Instead he believes Trump Republicans will help get more Republicans elected. But making these statements an opportunity to help get jobs to areas suffering during the pandemic.

Biden after these statements he can move forward with the 1.8 trillion dollar plan. Democrats can run an state in these areas that Republicans did not help you get these new jobs.

Make no mistake 320 billion a year to help the poor with child care, jobs in wind mill manufacturing, battery manufacturing, rebuilding the electrical grid, massive update on charging infrastructure an numbers of other opportunities.

I worry that Democrats will fumble this opportunity by failing to push back at the efforts to scare people over spending. A lot of the 320 billion will actually go to people not to Wall Street.

Democrats needs to remind people these new jobs were achieved by the stimulus but it's looking like they will fumble this opportunity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.y...ell-says-zero-republicans-back-183602299.html

There are already jobs to be had, but too many people are sitting back collecting the extra unemployment money instead of working.

Btw, I thought this was an infrastructure bill?

No offense but that's not particularly useful. Covid policies are temporary and what's happening on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram are so irrelevant to the nation at large.

I mean policy that addresses real structural issues. Stagnating wages? Housing? Education? Infrastructure? The things that affect our standard of living and our global positioning.

I guess masks and tweets are important to some people but, speaking for myself, that's kid stuff. That's the "Don't look behind the curtain" stuff. While people are arguing over whether or not someone should be insta-tweet-booking, generation affecting issues go undiscussed.
That’s why I said nationalistic policies that Trump kinda of pushed. If a company is going build a factory in another country Republicans need to say they will be put tariffs on them and encourage them build it in America. They need to give incentives for workers and companies to stay in America.

I’d really like to see clean bills. Like 3B for bridges in the Midwest. Yay or nay
4B for roads in the mid Atlantic
1B for small vibrator manufacturers that were impacted by Covid
2B for solar panels on roofs in the sunbelt
I really dislike how everything is bundled and they hide so much pork in it
And yeah Mitch is losing a step now.guy is making a lot of mistakes as of late

<Lmaoo>

good one.

unless this wasnt a joke

That’s why I said nationalistic policies that Trump kinda of pushed. If a company is going build a factory in another country Republicans need to say they will be put tariffs on them and encourage them build it in America. They need to give incentives for workers and companies to stay in America.
I don't necessarily agree but that is the type of thing I'm talking about.

It's true. This slogan literally encapsulates the entire modern GOP.

Republicans: We stop democrats.

Imagine signing on to that "vision" for America. But tens of millions of voters will.

As if Democrats didn't just run an entire election with a guy hiding in the basement based upon "he's not Trump".

Not to mention, Biden is older and whiter than Trump, has been in power the entire time our middle class has been sold to Beijing, and is actually on tape making racist comments.

As if Democrats didn't just run an entire election with a guy hiding in the basement based upon "he's not Trump".

It is a simple fact that a party that believes in the good government can do for people, when they are in power, will have a primarily "let's do things" agenda.

While the party that believes government is the devil, when in power, will have a primarily "let's not do things" agenda.

He's in for a rude awakening.

I think a good portion of Republicans like me (the sane ones without 3 million in the bank) are like "OK you guys are absolutely fucking useless"

And I would venture to say that the crazy ones feel that the Republican establishment "abandoned Trump".

It's not going to take many people abandoning him to seal their fate. Even just 10% would be devastating.
Wait

You're actually admitting Republicans are useless??

<TheWire1>

<Prem973>

that doesn't sound like a very free market. I thought the GOP hated picking economic winners and losers?

Back