Opinion Mitch McConnell does not make any effort to hide his true agenda

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Mitch in the past made statements such as when Obama took office: "He would fight any effort to put forth bills in front of senate".

It was unclear how he was approaching a situation now he's saying he will not work at all with the Biden administration.

There is no question he is not doing his duty to act on the best interests of his voters. I believe he is buying time figuring the Democrats will blunder their chance to sell their bill will benefit voters.

Instead he believes Trump Republicans will help get more Republicans elected. But making these statements an opportunity to help get jobs to areas suffering during the pandemic.

Biden after these statements he can move forward with the 1.8 trillion dollar plan. Democrats can run an state in these areas that Republicans did not help you get these new jobs.

Make no mistake 320 billion a year to help the poor with child care, jobs in wind mill manufacturing, battery manufacturing, rebuilding the electrical grid, massive update on charging infrastructure an numbers of other opportunities.

I worry that Democrats will fumble this opportunity by failing to push back at the efforts to scare people over spending. A lot of the 320 billion will actually go to people not to Wall Street.

Democrats needs to remind people these new jobs were achieved by the stimulus but it's looking like they will fumble this opportunity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.y...ell-says-zero-republicans-back-183602299.html

Honestly, I think Mitch may have lost his "juju". His decision making has begun to include missteps, which was extremely rare in years past.

And if he thinks that people are just going to flock to the polls for Republicans in the midterms, after they essentially abandoned the people they forced to close their doors, and absolute uselessness in tackling corruption, he's got another thing coming.

Honestly, I think Mitch may have lost his "juju". His decision making has begun to include missteps, which was extremely rare in years past.

And if he thinks that people are just going to flock to the polls for Republicans in the midterms, after they essentially abandoned the people they forced to close their doors, and absolute uselessness in tackling corruption, he's got another thing coming.

I don't think so he's playing for the long game figuring overtime Trump Republicans will fade into traditional Republicans. I think he does not want to follow in the footsteps of other Republicans who have spoken against the Trump agenda. He's not looking to fight with Trump but to gain access to Trump voters.

I don't think so he's playing for the long game figuring overtime Trump Republicans will fade into traditional Republicans. I think he does not want to follow in the footsteps of other Republicans who have spoken against the Trump agenda. He's not looking to fight with Trump but to gain access to Trump voters.

He's in for a rude awakening.

I think a good portion of Republicans like me (the sane ones without 3 million in the bank) are like "OK you guys are absolutely fucking useless"

And I would venture to say that the crazy ones feel that the Republican establishment "abandoned Trump".

It's not going to take many people abandoning him to seal their fate. Even just 10% would be devastating.

The man is a problem for the dems for sure... The whole "problem" saying is greatly overused but it fits very well here IMO. Mitch is pretty damn clever too.

I’d really like to see clean bills. Like 3B for bridges in the Midwest. Yay or nay
4B for roads in the mid Atlantic
1B for small vibrator manufacturers that were impacted by Covid
2B for solar panels on roofs in the sunbelt
I really dislike how everything is bundled and they hide so much pork in it
And yeah Mitch is losing a step now.guy is making a lot of mistakes as of late

I’d really like to see clean bills. Like 3B for bridges in the Midwest. Yay or nay
4B for roads in the mid Atlantic
1B for small vibrator manufacturers that were impacted by Covid
2B for solar panels on roofs in the sunbelt
I really dislike how everything is bundled and they hide so much pork in it
And yeah Mitch is losing a step now.guy is making a lot of mistakes as of late
Lol g spot cuck confirmed

<Dany07>

Mitch is the only one turtly enough for the turtle club.

Most of the people I know are sick of Republican weakness and not doing anything to stop online censorship or control spending.

Most of the people I know are sick of Republican weakness and not doing anything to stop online censorship or control spending.
This is because the GOP of the last decade has been lying to you. The agenda they sell to the public has no relationship to the things that they actually want to do. And so long as they have their constituents ranting and raving about the ills of the Democrats, those constituents won't stop and take a closer look at what the GOP is actually doing or, more appropriately, not doing.

The ACA should be front and center in this conversation. They spent years convincing the constituents that the ACA was bad law forced on the nation by the Dems and that they would provide us with a superior alternative. Not only did they never provide us with a superior alternative, they never supplied us with an alternative at all. Instead they're hoping that the Supreme Court will step in and invalidate the law for them. Which would be the very type of action that they've been saying they don't want the courts to do - make/unmake laws.

It's been a shell game for over a decade at this point and the only redeeming feature is that if you support a lower tax burden on the well-to-do, it has been rewarded. But the majority of the constituency will not share in that benefit because the majority of the constituency isn't wealthy enough.

LrjS.gif

Mitch's problem is that Trump republicans and Tucker devotees represent a curiously populist line of thinking within their party. Not that I think either of those guys is a populist, but they play one on TV and that's enough for some.

Mitch (and more than half the GOP) represents an ideology that is anything but populist.

It's left a bit of a fracture in the base of the party. I do think over time, as Trumpism fades the base can be brought to heel by the party leadership.

Fuck Trump controlling anything.

However good on Mitch. I hope he goes after everything he can and makes it a campaign thing to call out creepy Joe and the democrats woke spending and policies.

Get out the flame thrower Mitch.

Mitch is a bum and his brain probably in worse shape then his hands.

Get this outdated fuck outta there.

Back