Crime Mississippi church that defied closures gets arsoned

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...mississippi-church-arson-coronavirus.amp.html

The burning of a church in northern Mississippi this week is being investigated as arson because of a spray-painted message at the scene that seemed to criticize the church’s defiance of coronavirus restrictions.

First Pentecostal Church had sued the city of Holly Springs, Miss., which is about an hour southeast of Memphis, arguing that its stay-at-home order had violated the church’s right to free speech and interfered with its members’ ability to worship.

After firefighters put out the blaze early Wednesday, the police found a message, “Bet you stay home now you hypokrits,” spray-painted on the ground near the church’s doors, according to Maj. Kelly McMillen of the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department.

A photograph of the graffiti also appears to show an atomic symbol with an “A” in the center, which is sometimes used as a logo for atheist groups.

To me, this one gives all the tingles of a fake hate crime. No one actually hurt, blatantly obvious message for who *should* be responsible for the act. Like the gay organist burning his church down and writing homophobic slurs on it and nazi symbols.

Hopefully investigation finds whoever was responsible.

I doubt it’s fake. Some people are straight losing their minds about this stuff. Had a call yesterday from a business getting threats from some random dude who kept calling and yelling at the employees about them being open and selling alcohol and telling them he was going to come there with a sledgehammer and beat the shit out of them.

and the amount of calls we are getting from people wanting to dime out their neighbors for covid “violations” is amazing. Ann Frank wouldn’t last two weeks with these retards.

If this a real the arsonist should be jailed. If this is fake the arsonist should be jailed. Arsonist ok eadd to unintended injuries. This sort of feels fake.

I doubt it’s fake. Some people are straight losing their minds about this stuff. Had a call yesterday from a business getting threats from some random dude who kept calling and yelling at the employees about them being open and selling alcohol and telling them he was going to come there with a sledgehammer and beat the shit out of them.

and the amount of calls we are getting from people wanting to dime out their neighbors for covid “violations” is amazing. Ann Frank wouldn’t last two weeks with these retards.

I watched a lady lose her shit because my corner health food store wouldn't let her in without a mask but offered to bring out whatever she wanted. Even the granola crowd is more nuts than usual.

...arguing that its stay-at-home order had violated the church’s right to free speech and interfered with its members’ ability to worship.

This is a pile of rubbish.

Other than that, while it does sound like a hoax, if legit it takes a special kind of asshole to do such a thing.

Any asshole who cares enough about atheism to know the specific symbol is probably a grammar Nazi due to online flame wars where you would learn such a thing, and would know or at least confirm how to spell "hypocrite". Atheists are known to be smug douchebags, not exactly poor spellers.

But if this were to be someone trying to vilify an opposing group and make themselves look like victims, poor spelling would just aid the message they the other side are ignorant and hateful. I'm calling this one a work. And I'm a Christian so it's not like I'm biased against them.

Not surprised, heard Mississippi is a hot spot for black metal

Last edited:
these things need time to figure out.

The result of people not having enough to do/any real problems.
No shit.

"You're doing something that has zero negative impact on anyone. Stop it and modify your behavior to a potentially dangerous one!"

o_O

Graffiti at an arson scene that's way too on the nose is usually a give away that it's fake, but some people are pretty damn angry and hysterical about places not wanting to shut down, so you never know.

Anybody seen @Not A Real Fan around here lately?

@Queen B takes great offense in you calling these Hero Karens "these retards"

Sounds like the work of crazed Norwegian musicians

cc91d70ae3fc5384ed92367951826f8ac6d08094.png

@Queen B takes great offense in you calling these Hero Karens "these retards"
There's a house by a friends place that are "sheltering in place", and has a window sign that reads "xxx days saving lives!". So much cringe...

Back