MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7 (Set Video of Tom Cruise in Another Death-Defying Stunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost Protocol is the best of the franchise in my opinion as well. Terrific, top to bottom.
But I think 3-6 are all varying levels of good to awesome.

to me, that is a franchise where, oddly, the first couple are mediocre and then it really hits its stride.

first Mission: Impossible appeals to a lot of people, I know, but, to me, it’s a wasted opportunity. It has a terrific opening twenty minutes and then cannot capitalize on that momentum. Even with the iconic ceiling drop and some other tense moments, the movie just starts to falter after the scene where Kitridge reveals that he suspects Hunt was the mole.

with II, I hate to say it because I have a lot of respect for Woo, but, to me, it’s just a dull dud with some solid scenes here and there.

Abrams’ entry infused a previously missing sense of fun and brisk pacing and the series hasn’t looked back since.
I agree that the first two are the weakest. I thought 3 was the strongest, thanks to PSH's memorable villain. The movies after that kind of blur together in my memory, but they were all excellent nonetheless. Just a little generic and interchangeable.

Does anyone else think M:I's leading ladies are hotter than Bond's?

Anybody else sick of this guy getting work?

Cruise or Hoult?

Hoult was my dude-crush after Warm Bodies. Closest to gay I ever got. Maybe Brian Cox (I think) the British scientist at one point.. With both of those guys I thought "If I were a woman I could see wanting one of them as my boyfriend."

So I guess I'm gay now. That's too bad because I could never kiss a guy, ever.

Cruise or Hoult?
Hoult.

Hoult was my dude-crush after Warm Bodies. Closest to gay I ever got. Maybe Brian Cox (I think) the British scientist at one point.. With both of those guys I thought "If I were a woman I could see wanting one of them as my boyfriend."

So I guess I'm gay now. That's too bad because I could never kiss a guy, ever.

Amazing stunts with shit comedy?

Pass

I’ll only watch when Cruise actually makes the movies more serious like the original.

Abrams’ entry infused a previously missing sense of fun and brisk pacing and the series hasn’t looked back since.
I went back to watch 3 after skipping it 'cause I hated 2 so much, and I just couldn't do it. JJ Abrams is such a terrible director. It was like I was watching some shitty made-for-TV movie rather than a big budget Tom Cruise actioner. Seriously, how does the guy keep getting such high profile projects? The man's a hack.

Even with the unfortunate Jim Phelps retcon, De Palma directed the fuck out of the original! It's quirky but amazingly captivating.

And I think McQuarrie has done the films a slight disservice with the "Ethan will find a way!" rhetoric exposed by every character every time they shoehorn him into an impossible scenario.

Hanging off a cliff 50 feet away from a detonator with 10 seconds left.....will he make it? Of course, I have every fucking character in every other scene telling me he will!

Well that's a relief!

He was pretty damn good in The Favourite last year, I’ll give him that. Very funny. His whole character was either delivering zingers or getting zinged by Weisz.

weird friggin movie by the way, but pretty good and definitely interesting on a technical level.

He was pretty damn good in The Favourite last year, I’ll give him that. Very funny. His whole character was either delivering zingers or getting zinged by Weisz.

weird friggin movie by the way, but pretty good and definitely interesting on a technical level.
giphy.gif

I’ll look up The Favourite and give it a go.

Ive got no issue with the lad getting work, but as the villain in a M:I movie???

Guys a total pussy; whats he gonna do, threaten Ethan Hunt with a hit... piece in the local tribune?

Not even Benji would find this poofter a threat.

Last edited:
Nicholas Hoult should be the new James Bond, and they should do them as period movies, set in the early 60s. That is all.

Director Christopher McQuarrie announces the start of filming with a behind-the-scenes photo that teases a major action piece.

These missions are starting to feel less impossible as sequels keep being made

MI franchise is pretty solid top to bottom. All of the new ones are ridiculous but very fun.

Cruise is awesome.

isn’t he suppose to do a stunt in space next?

That’s some Travis pastrana level shit right there. Pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back