Missed Fights between Two Undefeated Fighters

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier fought for the light heavyweight title which was a second title fight at that weight class in history between two undefeated fighters. I felt that Jon Jones was a safer pick over Cormier, but more I thought about it, I felt that Cormier could and would win, BECAUSE I felt that Cormier may not be able to take Jon Jones down, may not be able to avoid the kicks and punches and elbows from a galaxy away, but I felt that Cormier would be able to control Jon Jones, but boy he did get controlled.
Someone made a thread on here that Daniel could beat Jon Jones at heavyweight, and I do agree. I don't think Cormier would beat Jon Jones second time around, but if it happened at heavyweight, Cormier would have about twenty pounds on Jon Jones, and that could potentially help him control Jon Jones.

That got me really thinking about what potential fights we missed between two undefeated fighters.

Fedor in my opinion is the greatest fighter of all time. Contrary to popular propaganda message from UFC and their fan boys, more fighters and fans alike, even in Brazil and Brazilian fighters, think Fedor>Anderson>GSP. I do think Jon Jones is the best fighter that I've ever seen, though I don't like the guy. I think it's hilarious though, some people think Anderson would've stood a snowball's chance in hell against Cormier in his prime. That Anderson Silva who got mounted against Michael Jordan of BJJ in Travis Lutter?

Fedor vs Jones in 2010 (Instead of Werdum and Matyushenko)

Jones got his title shot about eight months after Fedor got submitted by Werdum. I think Jones is a probably safer pick here, but that long limbs of Jones seems like such a good target for Fedor's God-bar.

Fedor vs Machida in 2009 ( Instead of Rogers and Shogun)

If anyone has seen Machida vs Shogun fight in 2009, their first fight, you know it was a highway robbery and justice was served in their second meeting. I do think Machida would be able to fend off Fedor's throws better than lot of people think, but I do think Fedor would be able to slip punches to get inside to touch that Cheetaa chin better than people think. Fedor was always just loose and accurate, not sloppy and off target. In million mma fights, no one got knocked out from that position before. People bring up Henderson fight a lot, but dog always has his day in a fight game. like Matt Serra did. Henderson himself didn't think he would knock Fedor out.

Fedor vs Cain in 2010 ( Instead of Brock Lesnar and Werdum)

Would've been something.....

And I think it's funny, anyone remember when Machida was getting Okami treatment in prelims because people thought he was boring as hell?

He became more dynamic for sure, but it's kinda funny how people talk about how much of a knock out artist he is, I mean he is now, but a few years ago, only thing he was knocking out was a judge's scordcard. I remember getting excited for him getting signed from japan and always was a fan, but it's funny. Kinda like Johnny. I was following him before his UFC career, and no one really gave a shit until he somehow got power from somewhere.I guess it takes time to develop power.

And I think it's funny, anyone remember when Machida was getting Okami treatment in prelims because people thought he was boring as hell?

He became more dynamic for sure, but it's kinda funny how people talk about how much of a knock out artist he is, I mean he is now, but a few years ago, only thing he was knocking out was a judge's scordcard.

When he signed with the UFC I had already seen what he did to Franklin, so even though he had some not so great performances I knew he had the ability to be a hardcore knockout artist.

The only thing about Machida is, if you don't play into his game odds are you are not going to get ko'd. Like with the Rampage fight, the whole first 2 round were mostly just circling since Rampage didn't want to engage. The bader fight probably would have been the same thing had Bader not ran in.

Jon Jones had a loss when he fought DC. Doesn't count.

Fedor vs cro cop

Pride was setting up this fight but due to backstage mafia shit Fedor wound up fighting for Inoki and Pride set up the interim with cro cop and nog instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back