Misleading movie trailers

Friday the 13th: Jason takes Manhattan. What a lie, it takes place on a boat for like 95% of the movie. The actual Manhattan part lasts like 10 minutes.

Man those Friday The 13th movies just kept getting more and more ridiculous, I'm not even sure it would be right to consider "Jason X" a horror movie.

The Halloween movies got worse with every sequel too, but at least they didn't get as bad as Friday the 13th.

Jarhead. Though it was a decent movie I thought it was going to be a guns blazing war film.

the fountain

thought it was gonna be about the fountain of life/youth

didnt think it was gonna be a romantic abstraction

same thing w sucker punch

thought it was a pure action movie...didnt think it was so meta either

Friday the 13th: Jason takes Manhattan. What a lie, it takes place on a boat for like 95% of the movie. The actual Manhattan part lasts like 10 minutes.

You should know by now when a movie series goes past the 5th film, all the crazy ideas get loose.

- Leprechaun: In the Hood

- Critters 4: They're Invading Your Space

- Return of the Living Dead: Rave from the Grave

- Howling VI: The Freaks

- Amityville Dollhouse: Evil Never Dies

- Retro Puppet Master

i recall flags of our fathers making it look like a ww2 movie. instead it was more about propaganda type stuff involving the famous flag raising

Ghost Rider 2,Inglorious Basterds,The Grey(sort of)

When I went too see GR2 I was pumped,trailer showed awesome cgi crazy stunt scenes and what not.Turns out the trailer was the only good part of the movie.

Now Basterds wasn't that bad of a movies,but I was expecting the entire movie too be a bunch of badass angry Jews kicking the shit out of Nazis.Which is exatlly what the trailer makes it out too be.What I got was Tarantio's WW2 movie about a secret plot too kill Hitler.

The Grey was an awesome movie but with the Neeson craze hitting hollywood I was expecting the movie too be more Liam punching wolves than "Survivorman the movie" .

"The Tall Man" with Jessica Biel. It's totally not supernatural or suspenseful. I should have fucking known better.

I wouldn't exatlly say that The Tall Man had a misleading trailer as much as they just fucked up the story pretty badly.

Click
Marley and me

Both were supposed to be feel good comedies and they turned out to be sad movies

A recent example I would cite would be the trailer for The Grey.

It pretty much suggested that was going to be a movie where Liam Neeson fights wolves.

I thought this one was pretty damn misleading

to be fair, i laughed quite a few times during that movie.

bridge to terabithia. The previews had e expecting a total fantasy film similar to lion the witch and the wardrobe. But it actually is primarily a real time story of child friends.

and it was rather depressing as well.

Back