Misha Cirkunov is a scary guy

If the other dude had halfway decent striking he might have stood a chance....still, misha looked great

The guy seems to be immune to spinning elbows/back fists.

Dude is fucking huge for 205, bigger than Bader, also has a smoking hot woman too.

misha2.jpg

misha_cirkunov-1024x1024.jpg
Damn. Good job, Misha.

He is huge. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets caught

Misha needs to work on his striking, but his grappling and toughness are going to be a handful. He's also a huge and strong fella.

My mistake
His ethnicity is quite a cockail: he is a Latvain-born Canadian with Russian orgin :)
As a Latvian myself, I consider him to be Latvian since he speaks Latvian and is quite vocal on twitter about his Latvian roots :)

Miesha vs. Latifi UFC200 headliner

The time is now

Very interesting prospect for sure. I can see him getting ducked by mid-tier talent trying to work their way up. I hope he fights again soon against a well-established fighter to better gauge where's he's really at.

He has really good English for an eastern bloc fighter. Did he grow up in the states? He's completely fluent with very little accent.

He has really good English for an eastern bloc fighter. Did he grow up in the states? He's completely fluent with very little accent.

I think he's multi-lingual in Latvian, French, and English, which is impressive.

I used to take his grappling classes and he was intimidating but once you spoke with him (or trained with him), you realize he is quite the humble and respectable fellow. I had grappled with him and while he mopped the floor with me, I never felt as if he was going to hurt me.

He also stated in a interview before he perferred to finish his opponents via submission so he can avoid hurting them - I think this mentality was a smart move to intimidate other opponents but the reality is I doubt he really does want to break the jaw of his opponent if he doesn't have to.

I love these real stories (no sarcasm). Thanks, bro!

Yeah, that neck crank was brutal but he was looking at the ref to stop the fight. If Palhares had that neck crank, that dude would be at his own funreal instead of wedding.

I was impressed. Scary russian indeed.

EDIT: Latvian, not russian

Latvians are either Russian or German heritage. Some wouldn't mind be called russian at all, some would mind very much. VERY MUCH.

Latvians are either Russian or German heritage. Some wouldn't mind be called russian at all, some would mind very much. VERY MUCH.
Well, that is one guy I would not like to upset, so I'll go with latvian.
Interesting cultural info. Thanks.

Back