Mirko NOT fighting Fedor in RIZIN.

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN, Aug 4, 2016.

1. PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN Blue Belt

image.jpeg
    Mirko reposted fan made poster on his Facebook yesterday. Sakikabara already said Fedor won't be fighting in the OWGP in Sept. The logo in the background isn't even the real RIZIN logo. Cro cop is likely reposting it for fun.

Andrey Kamensky likes this.
  2. Namek

Namek Brown Belt

Ah, you never know.

Cro Cop doesn't post stuff like this on FB himself. It's usually posted from his fans. When he posts something like this, you have to think there might be something to this, seeing as this is how he broke the news that he signed with the UFC.

3. Rogerdraven

Rogerdraven Purple Belt

I was the one who did the interview with Jerry Millen almost 2 weeks ago where he said Fedor is not in the OWGP. But at the same time, Fedor had just started negotiations with multiple orgs around the same time I did the interview. It could be possible Fedor didn't like other offers and decided to sign with Rizin. It's also possible that Cro Cop signing with them made him reevaluate going back to Rizin.

Regardless, there is no way Fedor and Cro Cop would have their rematch in the first round of this thing. That would be for sure saved for the final 4 or finals I would think. It wouldn't make sense to kill off one of your 3 biggest legends in this tournament in the first round. I do assume Rizin will eventually make the Fedor/Cro Cop rematch, even if it's after this tournament is over. It's the obvious fight everyone wants to see.

4. Namek

Namek Brown Belt

I agree. If this fight is happening. Big IF. Then it's not part of the OWGP.

MiroHa likes this.
  5. synyster

synyster Brown Belt

thats what I assumed, look at the definition on the image of cro cop compared to fedor as well, hardly a real poster

6. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

If Fedor feels like anything greater than Maldonada and Jaideep Singh is too risky, I really don't expect him to participate in an OWGP at this stage.

SamboPunch likes this.
  7. PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN Blue Belt

People fail to realize that Fedor was dominating Maldy in the first round until he got caught. When GSP was KO'd by Serra he wasn't written off like Fedor. Give him a break, he came back from a KO and won the last 2 rounds. No way R1 was a 10-8 when he dominated the first minute of the

ThrowsAndBows and Rogerdraven like this.
  8. KOskater

KOskater Brown Belt

Yes because of the deadly competitors in this Tournament. Not since M-1: Ohio have so many top fighters been on one card.

fedja likes this.
  9. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

I'm not saying it's an especially tough field. Just that today's Fedor probably isn't even up for fighting three Jaideeps in quick succession.

10. noizer

noizer Red Belt

1. fight should have been stopped
    2. hell yeah that first round should have been a 10-8 round, what else should Maldonado have done? beat him to death maybe?

11. Someone said they use that logo on Russian tv

Rogerdraven likes this.
  12. You're both wrong. That was the only 10-7 round I've ever seen in mma. The fight should've been stopped at least 3 times in the first rd. The ref was CLEARLY told not to stop the fight unless fedor's eyes were closed

Gunny likes this.
  13. Namek

Namek Brown Belt

The round was a 10-8. However the fight shouldn't have been stop. Fedor was always moving, trying to avoid, he was never KO'd called, he was trying to defend himself and the fact that he survived and won the next two rounds is evidence enough that it was the right call not to stop the fight.

ThrowsAndBows, fedja and Rogerdraven like this.
  14. Andrey Kamensky

Andrey Kamensky Black Belt

Rizin representative on the Fedor-Cro Cop rumor:

15. milonofcroton

milonofcroton Yellow Belt

You're all wrong. Round was 12-5 and should have been stopped 5 times. Because that's what being rocked once leads to if it provides a possibility to hate on Fedor.

fedja and Rogerdraven like this.
  16. jei

jei Danger Zone Admin Staff Member Forum Administrator

17. Edwin

Edwin Guest

I was Tweeting how this wasn't happening yesterday and people didn't believe me and thought I was being negative...

18. FedorsBFFL

FedorsBFFL White Belt

I no longer have a reason to go on - this breaking news and insta-revoking of breaking news has crushed mai soul :(

19. KOskater

KOskater Brown Belt

Corrected

20. Fedor's biggest win is cro cop. He will never risk being 1-1 with cro cop