Mirko Fkn Cro Cop

Crocop gave up more weight vs Aliakbari than Mo gave up vs Crocop. Welcome to HW this why they are the baddest men on the planet in no other weight class do fighters routinely give up 20-40 lbs and have to win.

Hell Couture was 218 vs Lesnar who cut from 290 to make 265 to weigh in.

I love to watch Mcgregor fight but he complains about Diaz being naturally 10-12lbs heavier.

Crocop fought his whole HW career at 225-232lbs making him the same size as Rumble Johnson amd what did Anthony do? damage himself cutting to 170 to fight smaller men and still to this day fights at 205 where he doesnt have to be hit by guys cutting from 280-290 lbs. He fought and AA but he couldnt KO the HW fighter with the worst chin in the division. At that point he realized his ungodly power at 205 doesnt translate over to HW and has not come back.

Mo gave up 20lbs to Crocop which is admirable but Crocop then gave up 23 lbs to a world class Greco Roman wrestler and KO'd him in the 1st.

Crocop has only faced 3 naturally smaller HW's his entire career: Fedor, Fujita, and Pat Barry. His entire career was spent fighting bigger HWs
<mma4>

Unfortunately morons don't understand that....

Mirko Mirko Mirko Mirko Mirko!!!!

crocop450.jpg
What happened to the guy in the background? He was like mirko's shadow throughout his entire career, but now he's nowhere to be seen.

What happened to the guy in the background? He was like mirko's shadow throughout his entire career, but now he's nowhere to be seen.
I don't know what happened to him but that guy was CroCop's original financial sponsor. He was a businessman whom I think owned a gym and saw Crocop training really hard when he was 17 or so, and he ended up sponsoring him financially with monthly payments and an apt so he could focus 100% on training with the goal of turning pro.
That's why he was always with him before.
It's possible their contract had a termination clause at a certain point b/c you are right, I haven't seen him in a while.

Zvonomir Lukic. Don't know what happened to him.

I don't know what happened to him but that guy was CroCop's original financial sponsor. He was a businessman whom I think owned a gym and saw Crocop training really hard when he was 17 or so, and he ended up sponsoring him financially with monthly payments and an apt so he could focus 100% on training with the goal of turning pro.
That's why he was always with him before.
It's possible their contract had a termination clause at a certain point b/c you are right, I haven't seen him in a while.

Thanks for explaining that.
I don't remember seeing him during his UFC days either, but I could be wrong.

Wow, when he hurts you it's over... best finisher of all time, so happy for him.

Very happy for Cro Cop, what an amazing career.

Zvonomir Lukic. Don't know what happened to him.

flyboy91 said:
His name is Zvonimir Lu?i?, he isn't in any way related to Mirko.
In most of pride appearances you can see Mirko having "Zvonimir Security" banner or print on his shirts etc.

This guy was the owner of mentioned security company.
Story goes back to the early 90's when Mirko used to train under croatian fighter knows as Tiger Cikatic. This Cikatic dude had a security company, alongside with Zvonimir Lucic as his partner. Tiger and Zvonimir eventually had business disagreements and they split up. Zvonimir opens up his own security company, and Mirko follows him, becoming his prodigy.

Through the rise of Cro Cop in K1/Pride, Zvonimir was his manager and coach. Mirko often referred to him as his "second father" because his real father died in a Yugoslavian War defending Croatia from aggressors.

Mirko and Zvonimir parted ways somewhere around 2009, after Schaub fight. No explanation was made available to the public on terms and reasons for their split, although Zvonimir was often "accused" of using up Mirko, taking up to 40% of Mirkos earnings.

Mirko keeps his personal life very private, so don't expect to find out stuff about it.

Source: I'm a croatian who follows Mirkos career since late 90's.

source: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/for...appened-to-this-guy--Cro-Cop-question:2436360

Crocop gave up more weight vs Aliakbari than Mo gave up vs Crocop. Welcome to HW this why they are the baddest men on the planet in no other weight class do fighters routinely give up 20-40 lbs and have to win.

Hell Couture was 218 vs Lesnar who cut from 290 to make 265 to weigh in.

I love to watch Mcgregor fight but he complains about Diaz being naturally 10-12lbs heavier.

Crocop fought his whole HW career at 225-232lbs making him the same size as Rumble Johnson amd what did Anthony do? damage himself cutting to 170 to fight smaller men and still to this day fights at 205 where he doesnt have to be hit by guys cutting from 280-290 lbs. He fought and AA but he couldnt KO the HW fighter with the worst chin in the division. At that point he realized his ungodly power at 205 doesnt translate over to HW and has not come back.

Mo gave up 20lbs to Crocop which is admirable but Crocop then gave up 23 lbs to a world class Greco Roman wrestler and KO'd him in the 1st.

Crocop has only faced 3 naturally smaller HW's his entire career: Fedor, Fujita, and Pat Barry. His entire career was spent fighting bigger HWs
Good post. I wish fights were open weight. I don't care to watch the 100m for people over 200lbs, I just wanna see who is fastest. Same with fighting. And I'm a lightweight, and can see the value in smaller fighters in terms of being great training partners for the real fighters.

Zvonimir Lucic. He was Mirko's manager since his K-1 days. I believe they had a fall out and are no longer on speaking terms.

Zvonimir Lucic. He was Mirko's manager since his K-1 days. I believe they had a fall out and are no longer on speaking terms.

Was that before or after his UFC career? Haven't seen him for years now I think about it.

Not mention Crocop was fought 8 TIMES IN 2004, and 5 times in 2005. Cain cant even fight more than once a year and people question the wear and tear guys like Crocop, Nog, and Fedor put on their bodies before coming to the UFC.

After all these years does Cain even have 13 fights in his entire career???

Back